Often, housewives simply do not have enough time to prepare an exquisite and tasty dish. Fortunately, many of us have an irreplaceable helper in the kitchen - a slow cooker. Cooking with the help of such a kitchen appliance is simply a pleasure, especially since you only need to prepare all the products. You will have no fear that the meat will turn out tough or the vegetables will burn. You can safely do your favorite thing while cooking. Let's talk about how to cook chicken with potatoes in a slow cooker.
Such a dish can be considered universal, since you immediately stew and side dishes, and meat.
Chicken stew with potatoes in a slow cooker: cooking tips
If you want to make delicious potatoes with chicken in a slow cooker, read the tips of experienced chefs, they will certainly help you in practice:
- for such a dish, you can choose a whole carcass and cut it into portions or purchase individual parts (hips, leg, breast, wings);
- meat should be marinated or processed with special seasonings for chicken;
- potatoes need to be cut into small portions, so that it is roasted evenly;
- In the capacity of the multicooker you need to add a little vegetable oil;
- spread the potatoes and chicken should be layers, and the meat should be at the bottom of the container;
- Chicken with potatoes in a Multicooker Redmond is best baked in the program mode "Stewing" or "Frying";
- Chicken with potatoes in a crock-pot Polaris can be cooked in the program mode "Baking";
- Do not forget to set the desired temperature threshold and cooking time - 1 hour is enough for roasting chicken and potatoes;
- you can use any sauce to taste;
- chicken with potatoes in sour cream in a slow cooker should be stewed without adding vegetable oil;
- for a more intense taste, chicken meat is best marinated in sour cream.
Despite the fact that in this recipe you should use only classic products, the dish turns out to be truly exquisite and very tasty. The main thing is not to add vegetable oil and water, since the potatoes with chicken should be stewed in their own juice.
- chilled chicken meat;
- seasonings and peppers mix;
- Bay leaf;
- Rinse and dry the chicken with wet towels. Cut the chicken into portions.
- Peel the potatoes, rinse them and cut into equivalent circles.
- Peel the carrot and grate it on a coarse grater. Depending on your taste preferences, carrots can be crushed into cubes or ringlets.
- Peel the onion and cut it into half rings. In order to get rid of excessive bitterness, you can soak the onion in warm water for a few minutes.
- Salt the chicken meat well and add any spices to suit your taste preferences. You can add crushed garlic cloves under a press.
- In a separate bowl, season with salt and spices, chopped vegetables.
- Lay the chicken and then the chopped vegetables on the bottom of the multicooker tank.
- Set the program mode "Baking" - in it you can cook a dish that will taste like baked chicken with potatoes in the oven. Set the timer to 55 minutes.
- After giving the appropriate sound signal, mix all the components in the multicooker tank.
- Baked chicken with potatoes in a slow cooker is ready, you can serve it to the table, seasoned with fresh greens.
Add mushrooms to the dish
Very original and piquant will be a dish made from chicken meat, potatoes and mushrooms. You can choose any seasonal mushrooms, both fresh and marinated. Do not forget to thoroughly process fresh mushrooms before cooking. They need to be thoroughly washed and, if necessary, subjected to heat treatment. If you want the finished dish to be soft, juicy and tender, then use chicken fillet.
- chicken fillet;
- onions (bulb or leek);
- sunflower oil.
- Chilled chicken fillet, rinse well and cut into portions.
- Pour some sunflower oil into the multicooker container and place chopped chicken fillet in it.
- Set the program mode "Frying" and, occasionally stirring, fry the fillet pieces for 10 minutes.
- Crush the mushrooms and after 10 minutes add them to the slow cooker to the chicken fillet.
- Set the cooking timer for another 10 minutes and fry these ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Chop the onion and add it to the chicken meat with mushrooms. Continue frying for another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn off the multicooker.
- Prepare the potatoes: peel them and chop into equal portions.
- Put the potatoes in a multicooker container and add 1 measuring cup of filtered or boiled water.
- Set the program mode "Rice-Krupa".
- Cook the dish in this mode for 20-25 minutes.
- Upon completion of the cooking program, mix all the ingredients. Ready potatoes with chicken and mushrooms can be decorated with seasonal herbs to taste.
Chicken meat with potatoes and cabbage
Very tasty, delicate and unusual is a dish made from chicken meat, white cabbage and potatoes. You get two in one: a side dish and stew. To prepare such a dish, you can use any parts of the chicken carcass, but the lower legs or thighs are most suitable.
- White cabbage;
- chicken meat;
- sunflower oil;
- tomato paste;
- sugar - 1 tsp.
- Wash the chicken meat thoroughly and cut it into portions.
- Peel carrots, onions and potatoes. Chop the carrots and chop the rest of the vegetables.
- Chop the cabbage according to your taste preferences.
- Pour some sunflower oil into the multicooker container and place the chicken with shredded carrots and chopped onion.
- Set the Frying mode to program and fry these ingredients for 15 minutes.
- After the specified time, put tomato paste or fresh tomatoes in a multicooker container, add salt, granulated sugar and other ingredients.
- Mix well and add 4 tbsp. l filtered or boiled water.
- Set the program mode "Quenching" and set the timer to 45 minutes.
- After the beep sounds, the finished dish can be seasoned with chopped greens and served to the table.
Jellied pie in the slow cooker - it's easy!
If you want to surprise your household, try making a jellied pie with chicken filling. Baking such a cake in a slow cooker will give you pleasure and will not take much time.
- kefir of any fat content - 1 tbsp .;
- flour - 10 tbsp. l .;
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs .;
- burnt soda - 1 tsp;
- table salt - ½ tsp;
- chicken meat;
- melted or hard cheese;
- sunflower oil.
- Start by making dough. Take a deep bowl and beat the eggs until a foam layer forms.
- In the resulting mixture, add kefir, soda, salt and flour. Mix all ingredients well.
- For the filling, peel the potatoes and onions and chop them very finely. It is best to grate vegetables grated.
- Cheese also rub on a fine grater.
- Chicken need to grind. It is advisable to cut it into very small pieces, so that the cake is uniform.
- Lightly grease the bottom of the multicooker container with sunflower oil and pour in half the dough.
- Top with potatoes, lightly salt and season with spices.
- Put the chopped chicken and grated cheese.
- Fill the top with the remaining dough.
- Set the program mode "Baking" and cook the cake for 40 minutes.
- After the beep, turn the cake over and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes.
- Pie is best served hot.
As you can see, there are a large number of ways to prepare various dishes in a slow cooker. You can choose any recipe you like. A chicken cooked in a slow cooker will be an excellent everyday dish and will decorate your holiday table.