The benefits of chicken liver can talk for hours, and even all the ways of its preparation and do not count. Liver cake made from chicken liver deserves special attention, the recipes of which we will consider today.
The secrets of cooking delicious and airy liver cake
Such a cake is traditionally made from liver pancakes soaked in filling. Toppings for liver cake can be very diverse. So, for the filling, you can use regular mayonnaise, mixed with browned vegetables - onions and carrots. Many add mushrooms, tomatoes and other vegetables.
Whatever method of cooking you choose, it is useful to familiarize yourself with the advice of experienced chefs:
- liver before cooking need to soak in milk - this will get rid of the bitterness;
- to soften the liver, it should be scalded with hot water;
- be sure to remove from the liver all the ducts;
- for the filling should be used mayonnaise with a high percentage of fat;
- the liver mass for the cake should be similar in consistency to the dough for the fritters.
Chicken liver cake: recipe with photos step by step
In this recipe, you can change the filling and, instead of greens, add carrots and onions to mayonnaise, which must first be browned in vegetable oil.
- 650 g chicken livers;
- 1 egg;
- ½ tbsp. sifted flour;
- 200 g of mayonnaise;
- garlic cloves;
- salt and pepper mixture;
- vegetable oil.
- Liver should be washed under running water and dried, and then cut into small pieces.
- Now you need to grind chicken liver. To do this, use the blender.
- To the liver, add sour cream, drive an egg, season with salt and a mixture of peppers. At high speed, mix everything with a blender. The resulting liver dough should be thick.
- Now you need to fry pancakes from chicken liver. To do this, heat the vegetable oil in a pan and pour in a thin layer of liver dough.
- Fry the liver pancakes on both sides until cooked and let them cool.
- Making the sauce: squeeze garlic juice into mayonnaise, chop greens and stir well.
- Each liver pancake is smeared with a good mayonnaise mixture.
- Ready liver cake put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. When it is soaked, you can serve it to the table.
Hepatic cake can be baked in a slow cooker. It is no less tasty than cooked in a pan or in the oven.
- 500 g chicken liver;
- 3 onions;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tsp. baking powder for dough;
- 100 ml cream or sour cream;
- 100 g of flour;
- 1 carrot;
- garlic cloves;
- salt and pepper mix.
- First we clean the vegetables - onions and carrots.
- Two onions and chicken liver need to twist through a meat grinder.
- In the mixture, beat the eggs, add flour, baking powder for the dough, cream, and then season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- We lubricate the multichash with butter and transfer the liver dough into it.
- Exhibit the program "Baking" and cooking time - 50 minutes.
- While the liver pie is baked, prepare the filling. To do this, chop the onions and carrots and fry until cooked in vegetable oil. Seasoned vegetables lightly seasoned with salt and pepper mixture.
- At the end of the program, leave the liver cake for at least 10 minutes, without opening the lid, so that it does not settle.
- Now neatly cut our cake into three cakes.
- Each cake is generously greased with mayonnaise, and on top we lay out the browned vegetables, distributing them evenly.
- Liver cake is ready. It remains only to put it in the fridge so that it is thoroughly soaked.
Add to a familiar dish mushroom notes
- 800 g chicken liver;
- 4 eggs;
- 500 g of mushrooms;
- 2 onions;
- 100 ml of milk;
- 50 g of flour;
- vegetable oil;
- salt and pepper mix.
- Wash the liver and dry.
- Onions cleaned and twisted together with the liver through a meat grinder.
- Add 2 eggs to the mixture, add flour and season with salt and pepper mixture.
- Fry the liver pancakes in a pan already known to us.
- Now you need to fry the mushrooms until done. You can add onions and carrots to the mushrooms.
- Each liver pancake is generously greased with mayonnaise, and on top we distribute mushroom stuffing.
- Boil two hard-boiled eggs, clean and rub them. Sprinkle our liver cake on top.
- Put the finished dish in the fridge and wait until the cake is soaked.
Liver cake fillings
In addition to the types of fillings described in the recipes, they also add to the cake from chicken liver:
- boiled rice and buckwheat;
- fresh dill;
- boiled eggs and cheese.
The cake is very tasty, each cake is smeared with different fillings. In this case, you need to take into account the compatibility of the ingredients.
As you can see, cooking liver cake is easy. The main thing is to choose the right liver and decide on the recipe. Cook with pleasure and bon appetit!