Chicken is the most common type of meat. However, its offal is no less popular. Of these, you can prepare a lot of tasty and healthy dishes - for example, pancakes from chicken liver. This is a great solution for breakfast, dinner or a light snack at work.
The advantages of chicken liver pancakes
Kurina liver has long been considered a very useful product. Already from 6-8 centuries, cooks knew that this product has a beneficial effect on visual acuity. And, by the way, in our days, many European restaurants offer delicious dishes from the liver, despite the fact that in the minds of most of those who like to eat tasty food, giblets are associated with something second-rate. In the meantime, it is worthwhile to try the liver fritters from chicken liver just once to become their faithful admirer. In addition to the amazing taste, this dish:
- it turns out very gentle and easy;
- refers to dietary products (including recommended by renowned nutritionist Ducan at the stage of protein attack);
- It goes well with any garnish - from vegetables to cereals;
- prepares quickly and does not require long preparatory procedures.
It is very important for any dish from the liver that the product is fresh. But it is worth knowing such a nuance: it is believed that the liver of young chickens is the most juicy and soft, so the dishes from it are tastier than from the liver of roosters or chickens.
Any by-product needs to be prepared before cooking. For chicken liver, it includes 3 stages:
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Removing films.
- Soak for 10-15 minutes in filtered water or fat milk (to neutralize the bitterness).
Chicken liver fritters: recipe with photos
Chicken liver pancakes are also good because you can add various spices, seasonings to your taste, and this will only make the dish even tastier. But for a start it is better to still try to make classic pancakes from a useful by-product.
- 500 g of liver (preferably chilled);
- 1 small onion;
- 2 large eggs;
- 4 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- for frying oil (preferably olive);
- salt, ground black pepper.
- Blender make a homogeneous mass of prepared liver and onion.
- In the mixture, beat the eggs, shake a little.
- Fall asleep flour, constantly stirring to the thickness of sour cream.
- Fry in a heated pan on both sides for 2 minutes, using olive oil.
Finished pancakes can be served with sour cream - so the taste will get a richer shade.
If there is fresh greens, then you should definitely add it to the stuffing - the liver will become even more fragrant.
- 1 kg of chilled liver;
- 2 eggs (large);
- 1 tbsp. l starch (potato);
- 3 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- 1 small onion;
- 60 ml of vegetable oil;
- 1 bunch of fresh herbs (dill, cilantro or parsley);
- salt, pepper.
- We wash the by-product, remove the films and bile ducts, soak for 10-15 minutes in cold filtered water.
- Blender grind offal with onions.
- Fill the flour, starch, add eggs and mix well.
- Finely chop the twigs of greens and add to the stuffing.
- On hot oil, fry the pancakes to a beige crust on both sides. Served with mayonnaise or sour cream.
Pancakes with carrots
Not only delicious, but also beautiful get pancakes from chicken liver and carrots. Only it is important not to overcook them.
- 1 kg of chicken liver;
- 2 medium sized bulbs;
- 1 large carrot;
- 3 eggs (large); ½ tbsp. sifted flour;
- oil (preferably vegetable);
- salt, pepper (to your taste).
- Using a meat grinder, chop the onions and liver, pre-washed and soaked in milk for 15 minutes.
- Finely three carrots and fall asleep in the liver mixture.
- We drive eggs.
- Slowly add the flour, salt and pepper.
- Fry for a couple of minutes in a frying pan.
- We put half-cooked pancakes in the microwave for 3 minutes for steaming - this will give the dish extra juiciness.
The same recipe can be made with semolina instead of flour. Only ready stuffing should stand for 10 minutes, so that the cereal is soaked with ingredients.
Pancakes will become even more tender if you use milk to make them.
- 600 grams of liver;
- 2 large carrots;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 carrot;
- ½ tbsp. fatty homemade milk;
- 2 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- 2 small eggs;
- olive oil;
- In the combine we grind the liver, onions and carrots soaked and cleared of films.
- Add milk to the mixture and beat the eggs.
- Pour the flour in small portions, stirring so that clots do not form.
- Salt mince.
- Fry in a well-heated pan in a small amount of oil (you can add cream) for about 2-3 minutes.
If you like versatile dishes, then chicken liver pancakes are what you need. They are preparing for a short time, preliminary preparation is necessary minimum, and the result is obtained on the highest score. You can have a hearty breakfast, dinner or treat your colleagues at work with such pancakes - in any case, your culinary skills will be appreciated.