Each housewife wants to pamper their home with new and tasty recipes. And if for their implementation it does not take too much time and the products are very ordinary, then this is generally an ideal option. These dishes include chicken. Even a novice cook can make this delicacy at home.
Home vs shop
Many of us buy chicken ham from the store, but you can cook it at home just as well. Moreover, in comparison with the GOST version, the "own" dish will have a number of undeniable advantages:
- availability of price (the cost of the finished product is much lower than the price of store ham);
- the absence of preservatives (preservatives and colorants must be added to the factory products so that it lasts longer. In the home version, such additives are not needed);
- quality ingredients (the mistress herself is responsible for the freshness of the products).
In addition, homemade ham is rich in protein and other beneficial substances found in chicken.
What part of the bird carcass is better to take for ham?
Many cooks prefer to cook a delicacy only from the breasts. But there is one nuance: chicken fillet is not a particularly juicy part, so cut strips from leg meat are added to the sausage product. Thus, it turns out that you can use the entire meat layer. There are only two wishes:
- remove all skin completely;
- cut off the excess subcutaneous fat.
Also do not forget that the carcass should be well washed under running water and cut the meat from the skeleton carefully so that small bones do not fall into the stuffing.
Devices for home experiments
Chicken ham can be cooked in several ways, using available tools that will help squeeze the air out of the mince and compress the meat. For these purposes are used:
- food film;
- Tetrapak box (with foil inside).
Delicious chicken ham at home in a box
Beginners can recommend to cook chicken ham in a box. The result is always great.
- 1.5 kg of chicken;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 30 g dry gelatin;
- 1 tsp. dry rosemary;
- pepper black (to taste).
- We split the chicken carcass, cutting off all the meat.
- Filet part cut into small squares.
- The rest of the meat is chopped with a blender or scrolled 2 times in a meat grinder, poured into fillets.
- Garlic minced garlic and together with salt, pepper, gelatin and rosemary add to the stuffing.
- At the bottom of the pan put a stand for cooking for a couple.
- Tightly lay the mass in the box from under the kefir, after cutting off the top of it.
- Cover the form with foil and send it to the pan. Boil for 1.5 hours on very slow fire.
- We give the finished product to cool and send for 6-7 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cut the package, take out the ham and enjoy the amazing taste.
The finished sausage product can be stored in cling film.
Chicken ham in ham
If you have ham, you can not worry about the appearance of the dish: chicken minced guaranteed to turn into a delicious sausage.
- 1 medium-sized chicken;
- 100 g marinated champignons;
- 2 onions;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 3 tbsp. l homemade sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. l dry gelatin;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- pepper, coriander and other spices (to your taste).
- Cut off the meat from the carcass, cut into small cubes.
- Cut the champignons into 4 pieces, squeeze out a spicy vegetable with a garlic mill, cut onions into cubes and add all the products to the meat.
- Gelatin is soaked in cold water and after swelling, mix with sour cream.
- Pour sour cream mixture into the meat, salt, pepper and add herbs and spices.
- Set the level of ham, put in her sleeve and lay out the stuffing.
- Close the lid and put in the oven at an average level for 40-50 minutes at 180 degrees.
- After the end of the cooking time, we get the ham to get out and let it cool.
- We send a semi-finished product in the refrigerator for 7 hours.
- Carefully remove the sleeve from the fixture, take out a homemade delicacy and cut into thin slices.
Home-made chicken ham in a package
The product of tender chicken can be prepared in the cling film. True, for reliability it is still better to wrap the roll with foil.
- 1 kg of chicken;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 30 g dry gelatin;
- ½ tbsp. walnuts;
- salt, pepper (to taste).
- Finely chop chicken meat.
- Chop garlic and nuts.
- Mix all the ingredients, including gelatin, which is not necessary to soak in advance: the chicken will give juice, which will be enough to dissolve the powder.
- We spread the mass on the film (or in the sleeve), wrap with foil and strengthen the shape of the roll with the help of thread.
- Place the roll in a saucepan, pour the purified water just above the sausage and set on low heat. After boiling, leave on the stove for another 1.5 hours.
- With two shovels, we take the roll out of the water, let it cool down and send it to the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Cut ham into thin slices.
By the way, this same recipe is excellent in a slow cooker. Only first, in the "Quenching" mode, we cook the meat for an hour and a half separately, and then ask another 1.5 hours, but by mixing all the ingredients. At the same time, multicookers do not need bags or boxes: minced meat is cooked right in the bowl.
Chicken ham cooked at home is a dish that even a novice cook can easily cook. Such meat can be eaten in the form of sliced or used for sandwiches. It is only important to carefully prepare the chicken and successfully select the spices. And, of course, resist the temptation to feast on the ham still hot!