Celery is the most valuable food and medicine. Its root crops and leaves contain important amino acids: asparagine, tyrosine, carotene, nicotinic acid, trace elements, essential oils. It well stimulates appetite, but at the same time it is not calories.
Regular consumption of celery can slow down the aging process, as the unique set of proteins, vitamins, acids and minerals contained in it ensures the stability of the body's cells. Celery has soothing properties - celery is used to treat nerve disorders resulting from overwork.
Prepare a soup of celery stalks.
Celery stalk soup
- Water or chicken broth - 2 l
- Celery stalks (petiolate) - 300 g
- Celery Root - 100 g
- Onions - 2 pcs
- Cream - 50 g
- Potato - 2-3 pcs
- Celery stalks are washed in warm water and the fibrous upper layer is removed with a knife. Celery root washed, peeled and cut into cubes. Peel onions and potatoes and dice as well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add celery root, onion and potatoes. Stew under the lid for 5 minutes. Separately, simmer celery stalks, cut into rings for 10 minutes in a small saucepan.
- Heat the water or chicken broth in the saucepan, put vegetables there, except celery stalks and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add chopped thyme, salt.
- Now pour the soup into a blender, chop it. Puree soup poured into the pot again, add cream, celery stalks, greens, heat the soup and serve on the table. Optionally, you can sprinkle the soup with cheese on top.
Enjoy your meal!