Cult delicacy of several generations and today is a favorite pastry of many. It is easy to buy in any store and very easy to do yourself. Cake "Potato" of crackers, the recipe of which we bring to your attention, will be not only very tasty, but also extremely "quick" dessert for the everyday table or for the holiday.
Everyone is not indifferent to “Potatoes” - both children and adults. The hostesses love him, among other things, for the simplicity and convenience of preparation. It does not require baking, the use of complex ingredients, but it turns out to be hearty, moderately sweet and suitable for a festive table. In addition, children can be involved in the cooking process. For them it will be an invaluable experience and useful learning event.
The classic recipe for cake "Potato" from crackers
In the classic version of the preparation, ground vanilla crackers or crackers made from sweet baked pastries are always used, which you can easily prepare yourself and use for the intended purpose.
- 100 ml of milk;
- 400 g vanilla crackers;
- 150 g butter;
- 2 tbsp. l cocoa;
- 0.5 tbsp. sugar sand.
- Crush crackers (use a blender or a simple meat grinder for this).
- Heat the milk, add cocoa, sugar and, when the mixture warms up well, butter.
- Constantly stirring, wait until it is completely dissolved, and remove the dishes from the heat.
- Cool the chocolate mass for 15 minutes. Pour the crushed crackers into it, knead everything thoroughly and leave to stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Separating the pieces of mass, form cakes, roll in cocoa or bread crumbs and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- After this time, cakes can be served on the table.
Cooking a favorite delicacy of breadcrumbs
In order to reduce the time it takes to prepare a treat, the grinding operation for the pieces of muffin can be replaced by using ready-made breadcrumbs. The taste is great, moderately sweet.
- 400 g bread crumbs (choose the very finely ground crumbs);
- 0.5 liters of milk;
- 100 g butter;
- 0.5 tbsp. sugar (or 1 tbsp, if you like sweeter);
- 3 tbsp. l cocoa;
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Add to it all other components, except crackers and vanillin.
- With constant stirring, boil until all ingredients are completely dissolved, especially sugar.
- In the end, you should get a little thick chocolate syrup.
- In the finished mass, pour in the crackers and vanillin, mix well.
- The mass should be very thick. Leave it to cool slightly so that your hands are not hot when you make cakes.
- Form balls or bars of lukewarm chocolate dough and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
"Potato" with a nutty flavor: a recipe with photos
Milk chocolate and nuts make the flavor of the cake rich and somehow truly childish. In addition, thanks to the first delicacy is very gentle.
- 100 ml of milk;
- 1 tbsp. nuts (any, except for peanuts: its too rich flavor is noticeably distorting the overall taste of the finished cake);
- 300 grams of nuts;
- 300 g vanilla crackers;
- 150 grams of butter (softened);
- 1 tbsp. l cocoa and 150 g of milk chocolate (if there is no chocolate, add 1 more tablespoon of cocoa instead of it);
- 0.5 tbsp. Sahara.
- Heat the milk well, setting the fire to a minimum, pour sugar, chocolate, cocoa into it and bring the mixture to a boil.
- As soon as everything boils, add oil and, stirring quickly, wait until it is completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat, cool the mass and add crushed crackers and nuts into it.
- Chop nuts and crackers separately. It is not necessary to grind the first to the state of the powder: from this, the taste and the zest of the cake with nuts are lost. The best option - finely chop them with a knife.
- Knead everything well, the mass should be very thick and plastic, but not dense.
- Form the cakes, remove them for 2 hours in the cold and serve with tea after the allotted time.
A little condensed milk - and delicious dessert is ready!
This is just a heavenly delicacy for real sweet teeth! And it will not be difficult to make it: only condensed milk is needed from additional ingredients.
- 300 g pastry or bread crumbs;
- 200 g of condensed milk;
- 100 g butter;
- 2 tbsp. l cocoa;
- 2 tbsp. l liquor or brandy (if the meal is planned to be served exclusively to the adult table).
- Separately mix the dry ingredients: cocoa, vanilla, ground crackers.
- Melt butter, mix it with condensed milk.
- With constant stirring, pour in a dry mixture.
- Form the cakes, decorate as you like, or simply roll in cocoa or coconut chips. Soak in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and enjoy the delicious taste.
Cottage cheese cakes with milk notes
Cottage cheese gives the popular cake an unusual taste. It turns out gentle, with surprising dairy smack and moderately sweet.
- 250 g butter;
- 250 g of cottage cheese (any fat content);
- 150 g butter biscuits;
- 3 tbsp. l cocoa (with a slide);
- 1 tbsp. sugar sand.
- Grind soft butter, crackers and cottage cheese together using a meat grinder or blender.
- Add sugar and cocoa and mix well. As a result, you should get plastic chocolate dough, which is well amenable to modeling. If it is too dry and falls apart, add a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Decorate the shaped cakes at your discretion or fill them with chocolate icing: melt a chocolate bar with 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil, odorless. Apply the resulting glaze on the "potatoes" using a cooking brush and send to the refrigerator for exactly 1.5 hours.
The finished cake fits perfectly with drinks such as tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit compote. Prepare a delicious dessert yourself to be sure of the freshness of the ingredients used, attract children to such an exciting process and improve your culinary talents!