Well-groomed appearance in the modern world play a very important role. Today, smooth skin without unwanted hairs refers to the factors of female attractiveness. Despite the many methods of hair removal and hair removal, not all of them can provide flawless results. According to cosmetologists, photo epilation is the safest and most effective method that ensures getting rid of hair for a long time.
But in order to be convinced of this, it is better to get acquainted with the possibility of photo-epilation at home and the feedback of those who have already decided to use this method.
Home photoepilation: myths
- Many believe that photo epilation can be done only in medical offices or in beauty salons. Until recently, this was indeed the case; conducting photoepilation required the obligatory participation of a qualified specialist. But progress does not stand still. Thanks to a special device, every woman can now perform photo-epilation at home. Its use does not require special skills, the device is completely safe and makes it possible to carry out the procedure at any time convenient for you.
- It is believed that only one procedure of photo epilation is enough, and you can get rid of hair forever. But this is not the case; photoepilation acts on hair that is in the active growth phase, no more than 30% of these are located at any site. Therefore, to get rid of hair using photo epilation, you will have to carry out several procedures. It is possible to get rid of hair forever only in 12 sessions, which depends on the structure and type of hair, the individual characteristics of the body and the hormonal background.
- The following myth - photoepilation can cause side effects, it is painful and dangerous. The effect of the photoepilator itself is based on the absorption of light by the hair pigment. The thermal energy released during this process is directed to the hair follicle, destroying it and not damaging the surrounding tissues. Photoepilation both in the salon and at home is a safe procedure. Unlike other methods of hair removal, it does not cause irritation of the skin, the appearance of ingrown hair and allergic reactions.
- Another myth is that the photoepilation procedure is expensive. In the salon, it really refers to expensive procedures. At home, this procedure is much cheaper. According to the data of cosmetologists, the effect of the effect lasts from 3 to 7 years; conducting photoepilation at home allows you to feel real savings.
How to prepare for photo epilation?
- With the great popularity of photoepilation, you need to remember that you must first prepare for it in order to carry it out without any particular difficulties. First, pay attention to the contraindications for photoepilation. These include diabetes, psoriasis, eczema, varicose veins, severe hypertension, heart disease, and skin oncology. Also, do not conduct photo epilation at home with fresh tan.
- Before the procedure, it is impossible to remove hairs with electrolysis and wax strips for a month. In the most extreme case, it should take at least a week after the last deletion.
- Before photoepilation, shave or clean your hair using a special cream. In addition, photoepilation is undesirable in the summer, so that the sun's rays do not affect the skin. It is best to spend it in the cold season.
- Before photoepilation, you should not take antibiotics, tranquilizers or medicines for tanning, and immediately before using it - use cosmetics.
- Photoepilation at home need to spend at least 3 p. and hold them with a break from 2 weeks to 1.5 months. The break depends on the advice of the beautician and the type of your skin. Owners of blond hair and skin will have to do photo epilation much longer.
- After the photoepilation for 3 days is not recommended to visit the baths, pools and saunas. Restrict all water procedures.
Photoepilation at home: reviews
- Irina: "I did photo epilation in different salons, in one it was very painful, in the other - absolutely no effect. I did photo epilation at home, it was very painful, but the result was excellent, after 7 procedures the hair in the armpits stopped growing. It is very important to choose the device correctly so that the result was there. "
- Raisa: "I purchased a photoepilator and performed the procedure. After the first time, the antennae disappeared, after the second, the amount of hair decreased. I hope that after 5 treatments, the hair will disappear completely."
- Kseniya: "I bought such an epilator 4 months ago with a lamp of 5400 flashes. It helped to cope with ingrown hairs. But terrible sores appeared that did not heal for a long time. But the hair now grows sporadically, after using a washcloth, they fall off themselves."
- Olga: “I did photo epilation. It was very painful, the wax was faster. The stated duration of the result was not true. The hairs soon began to grow again. I would also like to add to the existing contraindications and the presence of oncological diseases among relatives. This is even the doctors say. Therefore, while I am wondering whether to do or not. "
- Alla: "I want to say that the painfulness of the procedure depends on the power of the photoepilator. I made the device using a small power, I felt a slight burning sensation. Before the procedure I smeared the skin with a cooling gel."
If you exclude all possible contraindications and follow the recommendations, the procedure for photo-epilation at home will allow you to achieve the maximum effect. In any case, do not forget that each organism has a unique sensitivity. Therefore, photoepilation can cause some discomfort, and removal of unwanted hair will require effort. Compare all the advantages and disadvantages of conducting photo-epilation at home, study the reviews and make an informed decision so that you will not be disappointed later.