In the new 2012, marble manicure gained great popularity, when two or more colors merge into abstract patterns on the nails. This technique looks very profitable against the background of others, since you can choose a coloring that is suitable only for you and you will not find such a pattern among others. Another feature of marble manicure is that it does not look cheap or vulgar, the lines spreading on the nails look very natural and impressive. You can also save money on such a manicure - its technology is quite simple, so you don’t have to go to the salon, try to make it yourself at home.
How to make a marble manicure?
This technology is called differently "stains on the water." Let's find out what it is.
- To start the procedure, select several varnishes of different color, but so that they are combined with each other. For example, you can take white, blue and bright blue.
- The nails filed and with the cuticle removed are cut with a colorless lacquer-base or a therapeutic transparent lacquer.
- Then apply the first coat of lacquer on your nails, usually the lightest lacquer is applied first, but you can try with bright colors. In this manicure there are no restrictions, all that your imagination will allow you. You wait until the varnish is dry, and proceed to the next item.
- Now you need a small container with water - it can be a glass or a glass. It is filled with water by 90%
- Add a drop of varnish to the center of the glass, wait for it to blur and add another drop of varnish, and so add all the varnishes so that you get a fancy pattern of multicolored circles. In total there will be 7-9 layers, it is not necessary to take many varnishes, you can alternate two or three varnishes.
- Take a toothpick or a needle and with a quick movement draw a couple of lines through the colored circles. This is how the water turns out to be marble stains.
- Keep the nail parallel with water, then put it on the surface of the marble varnish film and quickly put it under water for about 20 seconds. Just do not remove the nail too quickly, otherwise the marble film will not stick to your varnish, and bubbles may appear on the varnish coating.
- Gently remove with a cotton swab from the water, the remaining lacquer film and only then remove the nail from the container.
- A marble lacquer film can adhere to the skin around the nails - it should also be gently removed with a cotton swab, having previously moistened it with nail polish remover.
- Wait until the film, as it should, dry out and apply a nail polish fixer on the nail, it can be transparent, with sparkles or matte, which one you want. The fixer can be applied after you apply a marble film on all your nails.
- Do the same with the rest of your nails.
- Not any varnish is useful for a marble manicure, usually expensive varnishes dry rather quickly, so they can immediately harden on the surface of the water and prevent the next varnishes from spreading over it. So choose cheaper and slow-drying varnishes for this technique.
- To speed and save varnish, you can submerge several nails in water at once.
- Lacquer film always sticks to the skin around the nails, to avoid this, you can glue the skin with adhesive tape or grease with a greasy cream, just make sure that the cream does not get on the nails, otherwise the varnish will not stick on the nails.
- If you wear artificial nails, then they can be covered with a marble film before gluing, immersing each nail in a container with varnish with tweezers.
- You should not get involved in very multi-colored patterns - it looks vulgar and tasteless, two or three varnishes in the pattern will be quite enough.
- The last lacquer, with which you drop into a container with water, will lead in your marble pattern.
- Also, such a manicure, you can try to do not varnish, and acrylic paints, which are also diluted in water.
In addition to all the advantages of such a technique, a marble manicure has one drawback - a large amount of varnish is being spent on all layers, because of this, many beauty salons refuse this technique. But the beauty and unusual technology are worth the effort, so try to make it yourself, if you follow all the tips, then you will succeed!