Unpleasant body odors are annoying, and we strive to get rid of them, using the entire existing arsenal. Here and traditional deodorants, and popular antiperspirants, and even grandmother's funds to deal with wet and not fragrant armpits. Consider how to get rid of the smell of sweat under the arms.
Why does an unpleasant smell appear?
In humans, there are about 4 million sweat-producing glands, through which the body is thermoregulated. Excess heat is removed by evaporation of persistent sweat. In other words, the emergence of sweat - a natural process that allows the skin to not overheat. At the same time, it becomes an ideal food for microscopic bacteria that parasitize our skin, and the moist environment of the armpits facilitates their reproduction. Thus, the main reason for the appearance of odor of sweat under the arms is the result of the vital activity of bacteria.
Also, hormonal factors or increased internal secretion of sweat glands often lead to odor. The smell puts us in an awkward position and is unpleasant both for the person himself and for those around him. However, this trouble can be eliminated naturally. You can achieve the result of daily application of means and methods of gradually reducing sweating, or, for example, by abandoning certain habits that cause this phenomenon.
Effective recommendations that will help eliminate the causes of unpleasant odor of sweat under the arms and avoid a predicament can be found in our article.
What to do with excessive sweating?
As already mentioned, the smell under the arms can be eliminated both by traditional methods and by popular proven means. But first, let's look at general recommendations:
- It is necessary to wash armpits daily. It is of great importance for odor control. The procedure is preferably carried out in the morning and evening, using soap. After washing, dry your armpits with a soft towel.
- Regular armpit depilation reduces proliferation and makes habitat less harmful to bacteria.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing made of natural cotton, silk or wool, which will provide air access to the skin.
- Pay attention to your diet. The fact is that the presence of onions, garlic, beer or hot spices, as well as poorly digested proteins of animal origin contributes to the formation of an unpleasant odor.
- Take care of your digestive system and increase your intake of chlorophyll, as it effectively absorbs unpleasant odors inside the body. You will find it in sufficient quantity in green vegetables and algae.
Proven and effective folk methods
Let's start with the most effective way to get rid of the smell of sweat under the arms forever. It is very simple, and for it we will need half a lemon and baby oil "Johnson's baby":
- Take a shower and wash your armpits well.
- Gently wipe this area with half a lemon until you feel that the skin has become wet and the citrus is completely squeezed out.
- Rub a drop of oil with your fingertips.
The main advantages of this method are the following factors:
- Lemon is an effective disinfectant that kills bacteria, thereby eliminating the source of unpleasant odors.
- "Johnson's baby" gives the skin a sweet and irresistible scent that permanently removes the smell of sweat under the arms.
In addition to this method, there are many other natural remedies to cope with excessive sweating:
- Cucumber has an astringent effect and narrows the pores, which reduces the production of sweat. Cut a slice of cucumber and rub it under the armpits. From the moment of this procedure, it takes several days before the appearance of sweat.
- Parsley can reduce excessive sweating. Chlorophyll helps absorb body odors. Just chew the parsley leaves throughout the day.
- The astringent and antiseptic properties of apple cider vinegar regulate perspiration and neutralize the proliferation of microbes. Wipe with vinegar under your arms before bedtime and let it dry.
- Aloe also has an astringent effect that can tighten pores, slows the growth of bacteria and helps balance the pH of the skin.
- Baking soda absorbs sweat and kills bacteria. You can add essential oils to get a kind of deodorant.
- Talc is a natural powder that absorbs and reduces maceration under the arms. It is recommended to apply it on clean and dry skin after depilation.
Medical problem solving
If the above general measures and traditional methods do not help, you may need to contact a dermatologist. He may recommend one of the following procedures:
- Acceptance of oral anticholinergic drugs, such as "Propanthelin", "Glycopyrrolate". However, with this method of treatment there is a risk of completely stopping the process of sweating in the body.
- Botulinum toxin injections. The effectiveness of this method of treatment is recognized, but its cost is quite high.
- Iontophoresis. This procedure is painless, although it involves the use of water to conduct an electrical current through the skin.
- Surgical removal of sweat glands.
- Endoscopic sympathectomy. It includes a resection of the nerve, which is part of the sympathetic system and transmits signals to the sweat glands from the temperature-controlled center of the brain.
Antiperspirant or deodorant?
To reduce armpit sweating, try using regular antiperspirants on a regular basis. Unlike deodorants, they reduce perspiration, while the former simply mask any odors without eliminating their causes.
If conventional antiperspirants do not give the expected effect, then it makes sense to resort to treatment with the help of cosmetics based on aluminum chloride. Its action is based on blocking the openings of the sweat ducts and is designed to work in the axillary region. There are several brands of antiperspirants that contain aluminum chloride, for example, "Anhydrol Forte". They are implemented through the pharmacy chain.
It is important to properly use antiperspirants with aluminum chloride, strictly adhering to the instructions, as they often cause skin irritation or inflammation. If this happens and the irritation is tolerated, then it may be worthwhile to continue using the remedy, but it is better to consult with a dermatologist.
Excessive sweating brings us discomfort and discomfort. The listed natural remedies, of course, will not completely eliminate sweat excretion, but will significantly reduce it and improve the quality of life.