Short haircuts have long ceased to be only a man's prerogative: today even a woman who adheres to the classical style of dress and does not recognize pants, can wear short hair and look elegant. Among all their diversity, a "hairstyle" haircut deserves special attention, suggesting a shortened nape, especially since it can be done even at home.
Who would suit the haircut female "cap"?
Both female and male versions of the "cap" haircut are the shortest neck and the length from the top, the free mass of the hair is not divided in part, but spreads evenly from the center forward, to the sides and back. The cut of the classic "cap" is even, the line is just below the middle of the ear. In asymmetrical variants, a diagonal cut forward or backward is allowed, as well as lateral asymmetry, when the ear is completely open on either side, and on the opposite to the lobe it is covered with hair. At the expense of styling, haircut "cap" creates volume in the area of the crown and top of the head, and also rounds this area and hides the forehead.
Based on this, we can say that the best hairstyle "cap" is suitable for women with a high and / or narrow forehead, as well as with a heavy lower face (form "trapezium"), when you want to balance all the parameters. The cap also looks interesting on the faces of the “triangle” shape, again, due to the fact that it conceals the volume of the forehead, and on the “rectangle”, since coarse lines are smoothed out. But because of this softening of features, one should not resort to this haircut for girls with a round face and face shape “square”, since any compact shape with a “cap” will become even more compact.
At the same time, this haircut still has a local pulling effect: due to the open neck, it visually lengthens the neck, so the professionals recommend it to girls of short stature, as well as full-bodied, because the haircut does not aggravate the last nuance. But this only applies to the classic short "cap": its type, in which some free mass of long hair cut in a cascade remains on the lower layer, will not be pulled out of the neck, but it will narrow the face, so that it can be tried for a round or square face.
As for the type of hair that will best keep the haircut "cap", it is certainly ideal here straight thin hair: with a decrease in length, they will create a volume that will not disappear in a short time, and the strands themselves will not change their shape, resulting in a clear cut Heavy thick hair in such a haircut does not always look good, because they are deprived of basal volume, and the strands will simply frame the face, which is much more attractive in the case of shoulder length or less. Wavy hair allows you to make a “cap” in its non-classic version: for example, with asymmetry or long beveled bangs. True, there is often a styling done to open his forehead, so if you want to adjust it, cutting the "cap" on wavy hair is undesirable.
Stylists recommend not to forget that such a haircut requires a single color due to the small length of the strands, so you will have to refuse from color transitions from roots to ends. Vertical wide highlighting is permissible, but in the soft version, without strong contrast (dark base, white strands), otherwise the styling will look unattractive.
Haircut "cap": video and technology creation
- This haircut belongs to the category of those that can be done at home even by a novice hairdresser, but it has several nuances that are important to observe. In particular, it is an ideally even cut, regardless of whether it is parallel to the floor (classic) or is at an angle (asymmetry). It is not allowed to knock out individual strands of hair: all of them should go smoothly in the final and not go beyond the extreme line. In this case, 2 variants of length cut are allowed: cascade and traditional. The latter assumes the longest strands in the upper layer, and the shorter ones in the lower one, as a result of which they are completely compared at the cut point. The cascade, on the contrary, makes all layers the same in length if the hair is raised to parallel with the floor, but in a calm state it turns out that the top layer looks shorter than each of those under it. This technique looks great on very thin and not thick hair, because it adds maximum volume at the roots.
- To perform this haircut at home need thinning and traditional scissors, clips, as well as a fine comb with frequent teeth. Hair pre-moistened and combed. As with any haircut, you first need to divide the head into several zones: the temporal-lateral, the back of the head, the crown and the frontal. Hair at all, except for the occipital and temporal-lateral, clamps, so as not to obscure the view. At the bottom of the temporal-lateral zone on each side a thin strand over the ear is diagonally formed. Its edge for the traditional "cap" almost touches the earlobe - when drying, the hair is slightly lifted.
- The parting separating the lower occipital part, from the extensive area of the crown, is located at the point of the ear cartilage and runs parallel to the floor. The hair on the back of the head must be shaved using the shading method: the scissors are placed obliquely (15-20 degrees) to the surface of the comb, the work is done by the very edge of the blades. Strands with this comb let down from the bottom are set perpendicular to the head, they are also cut from bottom to top. If necessary, the transition to the neck is cleaned with a razor.
- Further attention is paid to the frontal-parietal zone and hair going from the top of the head to the back of the head. The length of them is removed around the circle, the work is done from the center of the forehead, as a guide is the strand that was cut off over the ear. If it is not too convenient for you to work with such a large volume of hair, you can divide it into 2-3 parts by horizontal circular parting, cutting off the lower layer first, then the middle layer, and finally the upper one.
- The last step is to give the shearing integrity: this is done by checking the clarity of the cut line with its possible trimming, as well as the final shading and thinning of the ends, especially the bangs. If you want to make not a classic "cap", but add asymmetry to the styling, change the cut diagonal in the previous step. The same applies to the bangs, which is not necessarily exactly formed: you can make a radical asymmetry or simply soften its contours.
On short hair, haircut "cap" looks much more impressive than on the hair of medium length. In the classic version, it gives elegance, in asymmetric - it introduces a rebellious note into the image, and, if necessary, will be styling from the podium. The main thing is not to forget that with such a haircut hair should always be clean and perfectly smooth.