Healthy, well-groomed hair is the pride of any woman, because they create a significant part of the whole image, serving both as an ornament and a sign of good health. With the help of natural and inexpensive means it is quite possible to restore the hair, give it strength, beauty and health. These include gelatin hair mask. Its recipe is simple and requires minimal time and material costs.
In the 50s of the last century, when women discovered the remarkable ability of ordinary food gelatin to strengthen hair, this tool became very popular and still does not give up their positions. It was used in industrial cosmetics as an additional component in the composition of shampoos, balms and other products. This is due to the following properties of gelatin:
- collagen contained in its composition, restores damaged hair structure, making them strong and elastic;
- a large amount of vitamins, trace elements and amino acids nourishes the hair, restoring them after a negative impact (dyeing, chemical perm and high temperatures);
- creates a protective glossy layer around each hair, ensuring their strength, thickness and keeping the necessary moisture in them;
- Lamination effect - this property makes gelatin so beloved by owners of dull, weak and thin hair;
- hair after use of gelatin is very easy to comb, become bulky, smooth, acquire a lively beautiful shine.
Gelatin Hair Mask: Recipe
In order to repeat the effect of this popular salon procedure yourself at home, you will need:
- gelatin. For short and medium-length hair will be enough 3 tbsp. l this product, and for long hair, increase its amount by 2-3 times;
- water. It is advisable to use boiled warm, the amount of 3 times more than gelatin;
- hair balm. It will be enough 1/2 tbsp. l Any balm that suits you. With long hair, increase the amount of balm, given the proportions.
- Mix together all the ingredients and leave for 20 minutes, covered with a lid.
- Before proceeding directly to the procedure, you must wash your hair. To ensure that the mask is well absorbed afterwards, do not use a balm or conditioner when washing - just shampoo! Drying the hair is also not necessary - just wipe them with a towel.
- Now back to our gelatin mixture. To achieve the most homogeneous consistency, it is necessary to warm it in a water bath, but at the same time to prevent boiling. The mixture should not contain lumps: they are very difficult to remove from the hair. When the solution is ready, it is necessary to cool it a bit so that it is comfortable to apply on the head.
- Apply a mask on the hair preferably using a brush for dyeing. Spread the contents over the entire length of the hair, making about 2 cm indentation from the roots (getting on the skin, the solution of gelatin can cause itching).
- After that, cover your hair, as when painting, with a special hat or a simple plastic bag, and wrap them with a thick towel on top.
- In order to achieve a better absorption of the mask, it is necessary to additionally warm the hair with a hair dryer. This should be done within 15 minutes through the towel - it will keep the temperature.
- After warming up, the mask should be on the hair for another half an hour to 45 minutes.
- How to wash off the gelatin mask from the hair? To begin, prepare 1 liter of warm (or cool) water with natural apple cider vinegar diluted in it (1 tbsp.). Rinse with plain warm water (the hot gel will completely dissolve the gelatin layer, and the lamination effect will not work) with regular shampoo. You can use the air conditioner, balm.
- At the end, rinse the hair with the prepared vinegar solution to give the hair even more softness and shine.
- It is better to dry hair in the natural way, using only a towel.
Such a lamination recipe is advised to apply weekly (but not more than 1 time). After 2-3 such procedures, the effect becomes maximal: the hair acquires magnificent volume, softness and shine.
If, in addition to lamination, you need to heal and properly nourish your hair with useful substances, you can add many additional ingredients to the masks. The composition is selected based on the type of hair:
- for dry milk, cream, butter, avocado;
- for fatty foods - aloe, black bread, kefir, mustard, honey, lemon;
- to enhance growth - pepper, ginger, mustard powder, cinnamon;
- for food - fruit (banana, apricot, apple juice), honey, essential and base oils.
Banana-gelatin hair mask: a recipe
For this mask, prepare the same solution as in the first recipe, but use only 1 tbsp. l gelatin. In the finished solution, add the following ingredients:
- half a shredded banana.
- 1 tsp. spoonful of cinnamon.
- 1 tbsp. l almond oil.
Mix thoroughly all the ingredients, apply this mask on clean hair and incubate for an unlimited amount of time (minimum 40 minutes).
Milky gelatin shake for hair
Replacing water with fatty milk (2.5-3.5%), prepare the same gelatin solution as in the previous recipe. When it is ready, add the following components to it:
- 5 drops of essential oil of sage and jasmine.
- 1 tbsp. l honey
- 2 tsp. ground ginger.
This mask is also applied to washed hair and aged from 40 minutes.
The incredible effect of a gelatin mask for hair (before and after the photo clearly demonstrates this) puts this method on a par with many expensive methods of restoring hair. In addition, you can try new interesting gelatin-based recipes every week by adding various ingredients to your composition. This will give you the opportunity to find the optimal composition for themselves.