The opinion in the sports environment that if the muscles do not respond with pain the next day after a workout, the activity was in vain, completely true, but not everyone is positively perceived. A person who is new to sports is experiencing too much discomfort from fastening, which reaches its peak after 48 hours, and is looking for any ways to alleviate his condition. Is it possible to do this at home, and why do the muscles hurt at all?
Why does muscle pain occur after exercise?
No matter how much a person would like to feel only ease and pleasure after a workout, if he gave a load to his body, pain to a certain extent should appear - this is the most obvious indicator of good, high-quality work. The fact that there was another borderline of the comfort zone, a new step has been taken towards improving the quality of the body and health. However, the same may signal improper exercise techniques. Why does this feeling appear? How to distinguish these types of pain?
- In the process of anaerobic glycolysis, concomitant with exercise, the synthesis of lactic acid or lactate occurs. This moment is easy to determine when there is a slight burning sensation in the area in which the work is concentrated. This factor is unchanged and accompanies any workout in which glucose disintegrates, and, as a result, sugar and carbohydrates are burned. Therefore, you can do fitness for weight loss or work with weights to build muscle - lactic acid will be produced anyway.
- For a long time, it was assumed that it is the lactic acid that is produced and accumulates that causes muscle pain, but scientific studies have shown that most of it goes away within 60 minutes. after the lesson is over. In addition, it is enough to complete a difficult exercise and take 20-30 seconds. rest, as part of the lactic acid will be withdrawn, and the burning sensation subsides. Thus, if a given moment affects the sensations in the muscles, then in the most minimal way.
- It is important to know that as endurance increases, the rate of elimination of lactic acid increases, therefore, the better prepared your body is, the shorter the period of active pain immediately after them. Beginners have the same 60 min. after training can really be painful, especially if held in passive recreation.
Everything described refers to the short and instant pain present in the process and immediately after it. However, the pain arising in a day and lasting for several days is much more frequent and stronger. It is here that it is important to clarify its nature.
- Krepatura - a classic condition for an athlete, which exceeded the load in relation to the usual more than 10%. First of all, it is caused by microtraumas, which are unavoidable, as well as inflammatory processes, which are preceded by a strong muscular overstrain, which gives rise to an overload of lines and fibers. A newcomer in the hall has short fibers that are subject to tearing, more than long ones, but in the process of regular occupations they stretch. Getting used to a new level of stress in the body requires about 4 workouts, after which the lagging pain should stop, and only the situational, caused by lactic acid, remains. At the beginning athlete the fastener can remain about 7 days.
- Prolonged late pain that does not change character during the week, as well as arising, seemingly without cause, usually becomes a signal of the injury and pathology. There may be several symptoms that should alert the trainee: a click in the joint, a return to the spine or to any area as it moves, pain inside the joint, swelling or swelling, increased pain syndrome over time. In this case, either the intensity of training decreases, or they are completely excluded from the schedule for 14-20 days.
In fact, muscular pain appears not only among beginners, but also among professional athletes, since even trained muscles that are subjected to a certain load cannot completely fail to respond to it. However, professional strength training is minimal, because their training schedule does not allow for relaxation, so that the pain is permanent, but barely felt. But for beginners it is important to be able to prevent this unpleasant moment.
What to do if your muscles hurt after a workout?
Do I need to take any measures if pain is a natural reaction of the body and an indicator of good work? It all depends on her character: there is no point in dealing with the release of lactic acid, since in a maximum of 2 days (for beginners) all the sensations will subside by themselves. However, their intensity can be reduced by taking some actions immediately after the session. This will be discussed later, because this measure is prophylactic. In order to remove the lactate residues a few hours after the session, professionals advise to warm up overloaded muscles well: for this purpose, a hot bath is great, you need to take 30-40 minutes. But it can be replaced with just a hot shower with an elastic stream (massage): it is important to expand the vessels, improving and speeding up the process of excretion through them. With the same purpose you can apply to the massage.
- Most often, attempts are made to fight against squeezing: the questions about what to do at home, when after a workout, muscles hurt and pain makes it impossible to move normally for several days, are voiced constantly. This condition is completely impossible to prevent, so you have to find ways to ease it. Anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of ointments come to the fore - they are relatively safe and are often used by athletes who are part of an active training regime. The main component of such preparations is locally irritating components in the form of essential oils, menthol, bile, bee or snake venom. The best means in this niche were recognized by Kapsik, Voltaren, Ben-gel, Viprosal.
- "Klin wedge kicked out" - all athletes know about the veracity of this statement. New training is really the best way to deal with prestressing, but the intensity of training is required to be reduced by 50%. But the most pronounced effect can be seen if the training will have a different character: for example, the force-clamping force is caused by force, and the swimming will kill it.
The next group of pain relievers - NVPA or otherwise - nonsteroids. Painkillers taken by mouth or injected. They allow you to remove the swelling and stop the inflammatory process, have a depressant effect on the nerve trunk. But the use of nonsteroids without medical supervision is not recommended because of a wide range of adverse reactions. First, they do not have a therapeutic effect, but, on the contrary, destroy metabolic processes in cartilage, which can only worsen the extent of the problem; secondly, they even affect the gastrointestinal tract, affecting the mucous membrane, which can cause erosion processes and peptic ulcer. It should be said that, undoubtedly, NSAIDs appear today, which do not have such negative sides, but there are very few of them, and old preparations are still present in active use.
If during a week and more muscles after a workout hurt a lot, the question is "what to do?" should not occur at all - go to a sports doctor. Even for a beginner, for such a period, the squeeze passes or at least becomes less pronounced. Therefore, such sensations signal injuries, which are self-healing, especially with painkillers, is extremely dangerous.
How to prevent severe muscle pain after class?
Since the best treatment is prevention, the task of every athlete, even a beginner, is to build his or her sleep and work patterns so that the pain syndrome does not last longer than a day. Therefore, it is important to take some actions before and after class.
- Do not forget about the warm-up and stretching. If warming up the muscles is still given with varying success, then stretching is often considered an extremely useless element and is simply thrown out of the schedule, guided by the thought that it is needed only “to get on the splits”. Erroneous judgment: stretching is first of all the same active recreation, which allows you to spend the remnants of lactate, which relieves primary pain and reduces the likelihood of paddles. All those zones that were reduced during the lesson should receive a reverse load - stretch out.
- Sports supplements: protein, fatty acids and beta-alanine. Everything except the latter can also be obtained from common foods - Omega-3 and Omega-6 from nuts and flaxseed oil, protein from animal proteins: it should be calculated by weight, using the rule "2 g per kg of body weight". You can take 1 g of ascorbic acid, which will work on the principle of beta-alanine.
If you build your sports schedule correctly, there will be no questions about what to do when, after a workout, your leg, arm or back muscles hurt. Sudden krepaturu due to the excess of the usual load will reduce any warming up of the muscles, and with injury it is better to immediately go to a specialist, temporarily give up physical activity, or work only for stretching.