Vegetarian dishes combine not only different cuisines of the world, but also modified recipes of the usual meat diet. This kitchen includes several varieties. But its main difference is the lack of food such as meat, fish, poultry. Depending on the type of vegetarianism, honey, eggs, dairy products may be present in some dishes.
Proponents of such a lifestyle, limiting themselves in certain foods, expand their diets at the expense of. The most common of them - all legumes and cereals. Vegetarians do not deny themselves nuts, seeds. And as a cooking oil used vegetable oils.
Vegetarian Chickpea Dishes: Simple Recipes
Such recipes are very common in the countries of the Middle East, Central Africa, Central Asia and the Mediterranean. Nute is a legume, a type of pea. Gradually, he begins to gain popularity in our country. It is easy to cook from it, and the dishes are extremely tasty!
- Dry chickpeas - 100 g
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Flour - 1 tbsp.
- Nutmeg - 0.5 tsp.
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
- Salt, black pepper - to taste
- Soak chickpeas in water and leave overnight, in the morning, rinse and grind in a blender.
- Grate carrots, chop onions and fry a little, chop the garlic.
- Mix chickpeas with vegetables, salt and pepper, add flour, a little sugar and pour in soy sauce.
- Molded cutlets, roll them in flour and fry until golden brown in olive oil.
- Finished patties can be served with tomato sauce or vegetables.
Plov soy meat
- Basmati rice 250 g
- Chickpeas - 100 g
- Soy Meat - 100 g
- Garlic - 1 head
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Sunflower oil - 200 g
- Salt - 3 tsp.
- Barberry - 1 tbsp.
- Ground asafoetida - 1 tsp.
- Dried paprika - 1 tsp.
- Water - 2 l
- Soak chickpeas overnight in water.
- Rinse the rice several times in water until it becomes transparent.
- Wash carrots, peel and cut into thin strips.
- Heat a vegetable oil in a cauldron or a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Add carrot to the cauldron and fry until light brown.
- Then to the carrots you need to add salt, asafoetida, paprika and barberry, mix everything thoroughly.
- Drain the water from chickpeas and add it to the cauldron.
- Soy meat must also be put in a cauldron, mix.
- Put the rice on top of the prepared mixture so that it covers all the ingredients.
- Put garlic on top, salt rice.
- In the cauldron pour very hot water so that it is on the finger above the rice. Cover and reduce the heat to minimum, cook 40-45 minutes.
- After cooking, the pilaf must be mixed again and left to infuse.
- This dish is tasty both hot and cold, and it smells like it is made from real meat.
Bean Dishes: Vegetarian Recipes
This dish is very popular in the South Caucasus, it is made from beans. There are many variations of its preparation. This vegetarian recipe resembles the taste of beans in tomato sauce.
- Red or striped beans - 2 tbsp.
- Carrots - 2 - 3 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Tomato paste - 2 - 3 tbsp.
- Dill, parsley, basil, cilantro - optional
- Turmeric - 0.5 tsp.
- Adjika (or red pepper) - to taste
- Asafoetida or garlic - 0.5 tsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Soak the beans in water overnight or for 5-6 hours. Water needs to be poured more, because the beans absorb it a lot.
- After soaking the beans, rinse, pour new water (not so much) and put on fire.
- After the water boils, cover the pot with a lid and cook for 1.5 hours on low heat until the beans are soft. Water is not necessary to salt!
- If necessary, the liquid during cooking should be poured. Salt the beans must be 5 minutes before readiness.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and put carrots in it for 2 minutes on high heat.
- To the carrots add boiled beans.
- Pour the bean broth out of the pan (part or all of it).
- Add tomato paste, turmeric, salt.
- After the mixture boils, make the fire minimal and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer all 15-20 minutes. 5 minutes before readiness add asafoetida or garlic (crushed), chopped greens, adjika or red pepper.
- Now the dish should be allowed to stand for 10 minutes under the lid and can be served at the table!
- The dish is very tasty and cold.
Bell peppers stuffed with beans
- Bulgarian pepper 4 pcs. (preferably large)
- Boiled rice - 1 cup
- Canned corn - 1 can
- Canned beans - 1 can
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Tomato - 2 pcs.
- Tomato paste (thick) - 1 can
- Salt, black pepper, red pepper - to taste
- In boiled rice add finely chopped onion, corn, beans and 1 chopped tomato.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add 1 tsp. red pepper and mix well.
- Wash the Bulgarian pepper, cut off the cap (do not throw out), and remove seeds.
- Put them in rice mass, put in a deep pan and cover with cut off caps.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tomato paste, chopped tomato and 2 cups of water, pour over the peppers in a saucepan. The water level should be above the middle of the vegetables.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 40 minutes.
Pizza can be vegetarian, but still be very tasty!
- Flour - 10 tbsp. (with a slide)
- Water - 125 ml
- Starch - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Vegetable oil (preferably olive oil) - 3 tbsp.
- Onions - 1 pc. (sliced and pre-fried in vegetable oil)
- Olives - 1 can (0.5 l)
- Sweet pepper - 1 large
- Tomato - 2 large
- Basil, oregano, marjoram, paprika, pepper - to taste
- Tomato - 1 small
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Mix the flour with starch and salt, pour in water and 2 tbsp. oils.
- Stir everything until a homogeneous mass, not sticking to the hands.
- Now you need to prepare the sauce and the filling. Grind chopped tomato and garlic in a blender, add salt and pepper.
- Vegetables for the filling cut into slices.
- At this time, you can turn on the oven so that it warms up.
- Grease a baking sheet, put the rolled dough on it, grease it with olive oil, sauce and sprinkle with paprika.
- Now you can lay out the stuffing: onions, peppers, olives and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle herbs over the toppings, and marjoram and basil should be ground into powder, which makes it more fragrant.
- Now you need to put the baking tray in the oven, heated to 200 degrees, for about 15 minutes.
- Purchased puff pastry
- Frozen broccoli - 200 g
- Canned corn - 0.5 jars
- Tomato ketchup - to taste (you can take 2 tomatoes)
- Tofu - 200 - 300 g
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry 5 mm thick, wrap it around the edges a little and seal it with a fork to form rim.
- Dip broccoli with boiling water to allow it to defrost.
- Squash dough with ketchup or slice tomatoes and lay out on top of dough.
- Now you should lay out broccoli, free the corn from the liquid and pour the grains on the dough.
- Lightly salt.
- Grate tofu and sprinkle with filling on top.
- Grease a baking sheet, put dough on it and put it in the oven. Bake pizza should be 20 minutes.
- The finished dish turns out delicious and crunchy!
Vegetarian dishes are no worse than those prepared with meat. The main thing is to remember that, even as an adherent of vegetarianism, you need to include in your diet proteins, fats and carbohydrates, which are found in large quantities in animal products. They are easy to replace with legumes, soybeans, whole grain bread, cereals and vegetable oils.