For a good physical shape, people who want to lose weight, as well as those who follow a certain diet due to illness, are advised to include protein omelet in the diet. Despite its low calorie content, a small portion of the dish is enough to maintain physical strength throughout the day. And how to cook such an omelet?
The benefits and calorie omelet of proteins
Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods that contain essential amino acids for growth and strengthening of the body. A protein omelet with a low content of high-quality fat and a high percentage of healthy protein has half the calories from traditional scrambled eggs.
So, for 100 g of product it is necessary:
- proteins - 9 g;
- fat - 3.5 g;
- carbohydrates - 1.7 g
Thus, the caloric content of the dish is 73.17 Kcal.
If you vary the omelet with various meat and vegetable additives, you can enrich the dish with other vitamins, for example, D, C, as well as with iron and potassium. But do not forget that each addition of any ingredient increases the calorie content of an omelet.
How to separate the yolk from the protein?
The basis of any recipe for protein omelet is the process of separating the protein from the yolk. There is nothing complicated about it. There are several ways:
- You will need 2 plates or mugs. Split the egg approximately in the middle and, shifting the yolk from one half of the shell to the other, pour all the protein into the dishes.
- We take the usual paper funnel with a sharp edge. Insert the funnel into the cup and break the egg into it. The protein will flow into the dishes, and the yolk will remain on paper.
- This method came up with American enthusiasts. It differs from the rest in its simplicity and genius. We need a plastic bottle and a plate. Eggs break into a plate without damaging the yolk. Bring the neck of the bottle to the yolk and slightly squeeze the jar. When returning to its former shape, the bottle will "throw" the yolk back.
- Another way is to use a special separator for yolks. Such a device can be easily purchased in the store.
The basics have been studied, now it's time to figure out how to make a protein omelet with various fillings. Consider the basic recipes.
Steamed protein omelet
- eggs - 2 pcs .;
- sour cream - 1 tbsp. l .;
- milk - 60 g;
- butter - 1 tsp;
- a pinch of salt.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Add milk to egg whites and whisk using a whisk until a foam is formed.
- Now you need to add sour cream with salt and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a bowl or a special shape with a piece of butter.
- Cooking an omelet on a steam bath for 3-5 minutes.
- Season ready omelette with chopped greens and your favorite spices.
Protein omelet with tomatoes and sweet peppers in a slow cooker
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil;
- 1 small onion;
- about 1.5 cups of finely chopped tomatoes;
- red sweet pepper - 1 pc .;
- ham - 2 slices;
- salt, black pepper;
- 12 pcs. eggs;
- 2 tbsp. l water.
- Turn on the slow cooker in the "Baking" mode. Place finely chopped onion, sweet pepper, tomatoes and ham on the bottom of the bowl. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Using a mixer, thoroughly whip up the protein, add milk, salt and whisk again. Add the protein mass to the fried vegetables and ham and mix with a spatula.
- We bake in the same mode about 15-20 minutes.
- Ready omelette cut portions and serve with green parsley or fresh salad.
Protein omelet with chicken in a slow cooker
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- chicken fillet - 100 g;
- hard cheese - 50 g;
- milk - 50 g;
- olive oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- greens to your taste;
- a pinch of salt.
- Cut chicken fillet into small pieces and fry in a slow cooker in olive oil.
- Remove the yolk from just 1 egg and whip the whites with the remaining whole egg with a whisk. Salt, add a little cold milk and mix everything thoroughly.
- Pour the fried meat with whipped eggs, sprinkle with grated cheese and finely chopped greens on top.
- Close the multicooker lid, set the "Baking" mode and prepare an omelet for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Ready omelette cut into portions and serve to the table.
Protein omelet contains all the useful amino acids and nutrients. But remember that the right breakfast should be balanced. Diversify your morning diet with various yogurts, porridge and cottage cheese.