Kohlrabi is a variety of white cabbage. It tastes sweetish and very juicy. This is a great diet product. The pulp of the vegetable is rich in fructose and other beneficial microelements. And how delicious it is!
Kohlrabi cabbage: what can I cook?
Kohlrabi contains a lot of vitamin C, as well as vitamins A, B and PP. This vegetable is rich in mineral salts, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and cobalt. As a part of kohlrabi there are special enzymes, a lot of vegetable proteins and carbohydrates.
This cabbage is an excellent means of preventing infectious diseases. Eating kohlrabi helps to normalize the metabolism, which is why it is shown to those who want not only to lose weight, but to fix the result of weight loss for a long time.
Vitamin B contained in cabbage has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system. The ability of the product to remove excess fluid from the body helps with the violation of the kidneys and gall bladder. Scientists have shown that regular use of kohlrabi is the best prevention of colorectal cancer, such an effect is achieved due to the presence of sulfur in its composition.
Kohlrabi decoction treats asthma and pulmonary tuberculosis.
Kohlrabi is easily digested, does not cause flatulence. This vegetable is a great product for diet and baby food.
By the digestibility of vitamins, this cabbage surpasses even apples! It is most useful to eat it raw, but you can also boil, simmer, fry.
How to cook kohlrabi cabbage?
Very tasty stewed cabbage. To do this, cut into small pieces and breaded in flour are fried in butter. Adding 1 tbsp. l tomato paste and half a cup of sour cream, cabbage to stew 40-50 minutes. on low heat.
Caskets with a surprise
- Kohlrabi - 4 pcs.
- Broth (from cubes) - 250 ml
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise - 4 tbsp. l
- Cheese - 4 tbsp. l
- Wash kohlrabi and boil in salt water for 30 minutes. Cool a little, then make cabbage boxes. To do this, cut the bottom and cut through the core.
- Kohlrabi hearts and carrots cut into strips, put into shape.
- Fill with diced turkey meat stuffing. Pour all the ready-made chicken broth from the cubes. On top of the cabbage, put the slices of tomatoes and send to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out the dish from the oven, put on the tomatoes 1 tbsp. mayonnaise and sprinkle with cheese (or lay a slice of cheese on top), put in the oven for another 15 minutes to melt the cheese.
You can cook the originalKohlrabi dishes. Pancakes made from cabbage are extremely tasty.
- Kohlrabi - 1 kg
- Apples - 4
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l
- Yolks - 2
- Flour - 2.5 tbsp.
- Peel the kohlrabi, cut into slices and place in salted water, adding a little fat.
- Add 4 apples, pre-peeled and seeds, they should also be pripupit until ready.
- Cool and mince. In the resulting mass, add 2 tbsp. l sugar, salt to taste, 2 egg yolks, flour.
- Mix everything thoroughly. Bake the pancakes in a well heated pan. Serve with sour cream.
Kohlrabi Salad: Recipe
Numerous recipes for cooking cabbage kohlrabi include, and others. No less useful vegetables. This is especially true for salads.
- Cucumbers - 200 g
- Carrots - 150 g
- White cabbage - 120 g
- Kohlrabi - 60 g
- Sweet Bulgarian pepper - 60 g
- Tomatoes - 150 g
- Dill and parsley - to taste.
- All the ingredients are finely chopped, mix thoroughly, lightly salt and pepper, season with low-fat sour cream.
- We recommend decorating this salad with thin slices of fresh cucumbers and sliced black olives. This dish looks spectacular on the holiday table.
The benefits of kohlrabi cannot be overestimated. This vegetable contains many important for the human body vitamins and trace elements. If you are monitoring your health, eating well, or following a diet, be sure to include this product in your diet.