Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful and mysterious periods in the life of every woman. Sometimes at this time, the expectant mother is gaining too much excess weight, from which it is necessary to get rid of, so that no further health problems arise. Therefore, most women wonder - how to lose weight pregnant?
Is it possible to lose weight during pregnancy?
At first glance, weight loss during pregnancy seems to be something incomprehensible and impossible. But, if you look, this is quite normal, especially for those women who have gained too many extra pounds.
A normal weight during pregnancy is 10 - 12 kg. This weight is made up of the mass of the enlarged uterus, the volume of the breast, the reserves of fat on the stomach and sides, the weight of the child. If during the carrying of the baby you have gained weight within the limits of the norm, this means that pregnancy led to physical weight loss.
After giving birth, you will, of course, have a little sagging belly, but this is a consequence of stretching the muscles, not weight gain. When the muscles fall into place, you can continue to enjoy the perfect figure.
If you have gained weight above the norm, then you just need to lose weight. But this should be done only under the supervision of a doctor. Immediately it should be said that diets are not allowed here. As a rule, while losing weight, they adhere to a balanced diet, eat several times a day, do special physical exercises and exclude certain foods.
Read also:Salty foods during pregnancy
Slimming during pregnancy: proper nutrition
- All future mothers know that during pregnancy, it is better to eat natural and healthy food. In the morning it is recommended to eat hard-to-absorb and high-calorie food, and leave lighter foods for the evening. After 20:00 it is generally not recommended to eat, since your body can no longer digest food.
- If you are very hungry, do not eat sandwiches and chips, fruit, dried fruits, nuts, bran or bread are best. These products are natural, nutritious and quickly saturated.
- In addition, include in the diet of vegetables, fruits, herbs, dairy and dairy products, lean meat, seafood, cereals, mushrooms, poultry, eggs, soy, bran, etc.
- In the morning it is recommended to drink freshly squeezed juices, spreading them in half with water. Before bedtime you can add honey to the juice.
- The future mother is not desirable to eat a lot of meat. It is better to replace it with fish, seafood, poultry or soy. Meat can be eaten no more than 2 times a week. In addition, it is recommended to minimize the use of salt, because it increases thirst.
- All products are recommended to be subjected to minimal heat treatment, but about cooking in oil is generally worth forgetting. In addition, pregnant women are strictly forbidden to drink alcohol to prevent the development of fetal alcohol syndrome. Women in the position should not consume more than 300 ml of coffee per day, otherwise miscarriage or premature birth can occur.
- To lose weight during pregnancy, eliminate the use of spicy, salty, fatty, farinaceous foods, as well as "fast food".
- Try not to eat up to the heap at a time, because during pregnancy the stomach perceives fractional nutrition better. It is recommended 6 times a day, every 3 hours. The calorie intake of a pregnant woman should be 2000 - 3000 kcal, depending on the body type and weight.
Slimming during pregnancy: physical activity
- In the first trimester, it is recommended to conduct 5 aerobic exercises a week for half an hour and several strength training. During strength training, efforts should be directed to the development of all muscle groups. Before physical exertion, be sure to consult with your doctor, and conduct the exercises only under the supervision of a specialist. Pregnant women can go to the pool, go in for walking and aqua aerobics.
- In the 2nd trimester you can spend 4 aerobic and 3 strength training per week. If it is hard for you, you can reduce the intensity of the load in order not to overstrain. During this period of pregnancy can not do exercises, lying on his back.
- In the 3rd trimester, depending on how you feel, you can continue physical activity, but do not force yourself to stick to the previous load. At this time you should not lift weights. It is better to sign up for yoga - it will allow you to become more relaxed and balanced.
Slimming during pregnancy: vitamins and trace elements
Pregnant women are encouraged to draw vitamins and trace elements from natural products. You can, of course, take a vitamin-mineral complex, but this will create an additional load on the excretory system. Moreover, most of the vitamins in tablets are not absorbed by the body, but simply excreted in the stool and urine.
Note that all the vitamins, except C, accumulate in the body, so it is not recommended to exceed their dose. Essential substances are found in unrefined foods: eggs, cereals, dried fruits, cereals, vegetables, fruits, dairy and dairy products, as well as in meat and fish.
During pregnancy, it is better to limit calcium intake, since its excess leads to a deterioration in the health of the mother and fetus. Increased calcium in the body, for example, can lead to calcification of the fetal head, leading to severe childbirth and even injury.
See also:Exercises for pregnant women in 1 trimeter
Pregnancy is the happiest time for any woman. You take care of your health and the health of the future baby, watch the changes in your body, and also begin to be more sensitive about food. If during pregnancy you have gained extra pounds, do not despair! Lose weight is real, especially if you follow the prescribed rules and recommendations of the doctor.