Many housewives want to know how to boil rice porridge on water so that it turns out crumbly, does not stick together or is thin, but at the same time it looked quite appetizing. Indeed, it is difficult to cook such porridge, not knowing all the subtleties of its preparation, because in order to make it tasty, it is not enough just to choose the right rice.
In this article, you will learn about the best rice porridge recipes, and experienced chefs will share their secrets with you.
Rice porridge on the water: the main secrets of cooking
Rice porridge boiled in water is considered a dietary dish. It must be included in the children's and medical menu. The benefits to the human body, which it brings, makes it very popular. In addition, the caloric content of rice porridge on water is only 78 Kcal per 100 g.
To make porridge really tasty, you need to take into account all the features of its preparation:
- The main thing is to choose the right type of rice cereal. It is better to give preference to long rice species, such as Jasmine or Basmati. Round rice is much more difficult to properly cook, because it contains a huge amount of rice starch, connecting the grains with each other, so the dish is unlikely to come crumbly.
- First, you need to wash the grits well, constantly changing the water. China and Japan have a tradition of washing rice in seven waters. Only after the rice is well washed, it is poured with water and set to prepare.
- The ideal dish for cooking is a stewpan with thick walls, as well as a wide bottom. In such dishes, the grits will warm up evenly and quickly boil over.
- To make the rice crumbly, when the dish has cooled, you need to add a spoonful of vegetable oil to the water.
- It is necessary to cook porridge on a small fire, having increased it only up to the moment rice boils.
There are several different types of rice, and they all have certain characteristics when cooking. The simplest option is to use steamed cereals. Such a product before packaging is subjected to different types of processing, thanks to which rice is easier and faster to cook. But after steaming and grinding the amount of nutrients in rice decreases, and only nutritional properties remain. That is why many nutritionists advise not to get involved in this type of rice and use it as little as possible.
The principle of cooking steamed rice is not much different from cooking any other kind, but if you decide to cook it, you can be sure that the dish will turn out crumbly.
If you can not get wild rice, then you can take polished.
Crumbly porridge for breakfast
To make the rice crumbly, you need to precisely follow the proportions given in the recipe.
- 50 g butter;
- ¾ Art. rice;
- 2 tbsp. water;
- First of all, you need to sort out the rice and rinse it under running water. Blow the cereal with boiling water and let the excess water drain.
- Pour the water into the pan, bring it to a boil, add salt.
- Now you need to fill the rice in boiling water. Wait 3 minutes for it to warm up and reduce the heat. Cover and cook porridge over low heat until the cereal swells.
- Put the butter in the porridge, cover again and continue cooking the dish on a small fire for 20-25 minutes without stirring.
- Rice porridge served as a side dish or a main dish with butter.
- To make the rice white, you need to add a little vinegar or citric acid to the water. It will turn yellow if you add turmeric or sage.
How to cook liquid rice porridge?
If you do not like friable porridge, you should learn how to cook rice porridge on water to make it liquid.
The composition of the products is no different, but they need to be taken in other proportions: 1 tbsp. rice and 4 tbsp. water.
- First, the rice should be washed to make the water transparent.
- Then put it in a saucepan and cover with water. All salt.
- When the water boils, you need to make the fire less and periodically stir the porridge so that the croup does not fall, otherwise it will burn. Also, during the stirring, the brittle grains will break, releasing the starch into the water, which will give the porridge fluid.
- Serve porridge, seasoned well with butter.
To simplify your life, many housewives purchase multicookers, which quickly become integral helpers in the kitchen. By the way, rice porridge on water in a slow cooker turns out very tasty and healthy. The ingredients we take are the same as in the first recipe.
- Rinse well with rice.
- Fill one part of the cereal with three parts of water, salt it.
- Put the porridge to cook in the "Rice" or "Porridge" and just wait until the multicooker gives a signal that the dish is ready.
Everything is very simple: you do not need to make special efforts and make sure that the rice is not burnt.
Rice porridge is a versatile dish. It can serve as a side dish for various fish or meat dishes. It can be cooked with milk, making it more nutritious and healthy. This is an excellent dish for those who follow a certain diet or just watch their weight, because it is enough just to add a few vegetables to porridge to diversify their diet.