Red rice is one of the healthiest products, because it does not undergo a grinding procedure, but only undergoes peeling. Because of this, it retains the maximum amount of valuable vitamins, minerals, and also contains fiber. This croup has a fairly soft shell, which is perfectly absorbed by the human body.
How to cook red rice?
From red rice you can make a huge variety of delicious and healthy dishes. Regardless of which recipe with red rice will be chosen, it is based on cereal, which must be properly prepared.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Water - 450-550 g
- Red rice - 1 tbsp.
- You can not be afraid that the rice will melt, because it has an unpolished shell, it is more dense, so it is rather difficult to digest it.
- If you want to cook red rice correctly, then you must strictly adhere to the instructions that the manufacturer indicates on the package. It is worth remembering that for each grade of cereal, a different amount of water and cooking time is set.
- So, take a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour water into it and bring to a boil. Before cooking, it is necessary to sort out the grits, since this type of rice does not undergo grinding, therefore there may be various motes and debris in it.
- It is necessary to remove those grains that have defects in the form of dark spots.
- Immediately before cooking, wash the grits well in cold water several times - all dust and debris should be separated. In the end, the water should remain completely transparent.
- Well washed rice pour boiling water before adding a little salt. The most important thing now is to pour the right amount of liquid, because before the end of cooking it will have to be completely absorbed. If you cannot calculate the amount of liquid correctly, and during cooking you will periodically add water, then lumps may appear.
- Water needs so much that it is on 2 fingers covered the top of the rump. As soon as the water boils, remove the foam that appears, fasten the fire to the maximum and cook rice for 20 to 40 minutes, until it is soft. Also by this time the liquid should be completely absorbed.
- There are cases when, while cooking red rice, water becomes a dirty red. Do not worry, just need to replace it with a clean one. In this case, the grits are boiled for about 5 minutes after the water boils, then the dirty one is drained and boiling water is poured. It is worth remembering that the salt will be added after you spend the change of water.
- As soon as the cereal is fully cooked, it is necessary to turn off the stove, then leave the porridge for about 10 minutes to make it real.
- Very tasty is the combination of red rice with vegetables, mushrooms, salads. However, it is not recommended to combine it with meat gravy, since this rice variety is very nutritious, even in its pure form.
Red rice: the best recipes
- Beans - 100 g
- Bulgarian pepper - 100 g
- Canned corn - 100 g
- Ground chilli to taste
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Paprika - to taste
- Water - 300 g
- Red rice - 200 g
- First you need to boil red rice to full readiness. Separately, boil the beans and drain the water, giving the opportunity to dry the bean grains.
- We clean, wash and chop the onion, then fry it slightly in a hot frying pan with the addition of vegetable oil, add a little paprika, add chili pepper and beans.
- Lightly dry the corn. My pepper and cut it into not very large pieces. Then add these ingredients to the pan and fry until the beans are fully cooked.
- Add the fully boiled red rice to the pan and mix it well with vegetables. We introduce a little salt (to taste) and stew it all together for a couple of minutes, but you can not overdo it too much on fire.
- To get the dish a little piquancy, take fresh coriander, chop and sprinkle it on the dish.
- Red pepper - to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Butter - 45-55 g
- Basil green - to taste
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Mushrooms (champignons) - 250-325 g
- Onion - 1 onion
- Water - 2.5 st.
- Red rice - 1.5 tbsp.
- Put the saucepan on the stove, bring the water to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, we pour in red rice prepared in advance and cook at minimum heat under a closed lid for about 40 minutes, until ready. Just before the end of cooking add salt.
- In a hot skillet, melt some butter and fry the chopped carrots and onions until the vegetables are soft.
- Prepare mushrooms - wash my mushrooms, clean and cut into 4 parts. Add mushrooms to the vegetables in a frying pan and fry for about 10 minutes, periodically stirring until the caps have a soft ruddy hue.
- Almost at the very end of cooking add pepper and salt, mix everything well.
- Mushrooms combine with rice and vegetables, add coarsely chopped basil.
The beneficial properties of red rice
Red rice contains a large amount of dietary fiber, which have a positive effect on the work of the intestine, significantly improve its peristalsis, and normalize colon microflora. Also, red rice is recommended to eat and to reduce weight, as it is very nutritious and gives a sense of saturation for a long time.
This product is very useful for diabetics, because it helps to normalize blood sugar levels. It is recommended to use it to detoxify the body in case of poisoning. On condition of its regular use in food, the harmful cholesterol is eliminated from the body.
Red rice is a particularly useful cereal. It is successfully combined in recipes with vegetables and mushrooms, but less suitable for meat. It is necessary to cook cereals in accordance with the instructions on the package, following all the rules. Only in this case, it will retain all its useful properties.