Steam omelet cooking recipes in cookbooks are not so many. More recently, this method of cooking was not too popular. That is why the majority of housewives with the appearance of various double boilers and multi-cookers ask themselves: how to cook an omelet for a couple correctly? Let's try to figure it out together.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a steamed omelet?
Almost every housewife today boasts modern equipment in her kitchen in the form of steamers, multi-cookers and microwave ovens. Now you can cook an omelet using various methods: fry, boil, bake, simmer. But each of these methods has its advantages as well as some disadvantages. Let's pay close attention to the pros and cons of cooking a steam omelet.
The advantages of the dish:
- steamed omelette is considered a healthy and dietary food;
- thanks to the peculiarity of steam to get inside the food, the food is cooked much faster;
- You do not need to waste precious time interfering with and turning products;
- You can be absolutely sure that the omelet will not burn and spoil;
- Foods preserve nutrients, vitamins and trace elements.
Disadvantages of steam omelet:
- steamed omelette will never come out fried with a crispy crust;
- It is not recommended to cook an omelette with mushrooms that require additional heat treatment;
- also one of the minuses can be attributed to a rather unpleasant taste of the dish, but it is rather a matter of taste for everyone.
Multicooker Steam Omelet
- 5 pieces. eggs;
- 10 art. l milk
- Eggs are driven into a high bowl and mixed with milk. Mix all with a whisk. It is necessary that the mass was as homogeneous as possible. Here the important point is precisely good mixing, and not beating. You can do this operation using a blender with a whisk at minimum speed.
- Prepare the multicooker. Pour about 250-350 ml of water and put the steaming form on top.
- Omelet poured into a non-stick form, greased with a small piece of butter, and put in a slow cooker.
- Turn on the mode "Cooking for a couple" for 25-30 minutes. Close the lid.
- At the end of the cycle, without opening the multicooker lid, let the omelette stand for a bit. Here is the finished dish.
- Omelet lay out on a plate and served to the table, you can spice it with greens.
If you do not need to adhere to a strict diet, this recipe can be varied with various fillings to taste.
- To make an omelet using this recipe, you only need protein. Separate the yolks from proteins in the usual way for you.
- Pour proteins into a bowl, convenient for whipping, add lemon juice and salt to them. Well whisk with a whisk. Do not use a mixer, otherwise the eggs will over-oxygenate and lose their fluffiness.
- We wash the spinach well under running water so that there are no small particles that are crunchy on the teeth, and finely chop into strips.
- Fry it to a state of softness in olive oil and let it cool completely.
- Prepare a double boiler, pour the required amount of water according to the instructions and turn on the "Steaming" mode. Pour the spinach into the bowl, pour the egg mass. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn the finished omelet over a plate, sprinkle with grated cheese on top and enjoy the taste.
Dietary omelet without steamer with meat
- chicken eggs - 6 pcs .;
- milk - 1 tbsp .;
- water - ½ st .;
- a pinch of salt;
- boiled meat - 100 g;
- sweet pepper - 1 pc .;
- cheese - 60 g;
- small tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Peppers need to be washed, cleaned from the core and chopped into small cubes.
- Cut tomatoes into thin half rings. Tip: if you use a watery variety of tomatoes, it’s better to fry or boil them a little before adding them to the omelette.
- Meat should be cut into small cubes. Tip: if you take boiled chicken meat, it is best to cut it with your hands.
- Stir eggs with a whisk, most importantly, do not beat. Add milk, water and salt. Mix well until smooth.
- Now you need to prepare a steam bath. To do this, take a pot and fill it with water by about 1/3. A colander should be placed on top: it must be selected exactly according to the diameter of the pan so that it does not slide and strive to “dive” inside. Let the water boil.
- In the prepared form should pour all the solid ingredients and pour the egg mass.
- Dip the form in a colander and cover the entire structure. It is necessary to cook from 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat. It is important that water boils gently and does not splash.
- Check the readiness of the omelet by carefully opening the lid so that the steam formed under it does not drip into the dish.
- Turn the finished omelet over a dish, let it cool for a while and serve to the table.
For those who lead a healthy lifestyle or adhere to a special diet, as well as small children, scrambled eggs for a couple will be very useful. Enjoy your meal!