Pumpkin - a very useful vegetable, which in everyday life is often called orange watermelon. The Americans take the first place in eating pumpkins, but our fellow citizens are reluctant to include this product in their diet. But if you know how to bake pumpkin pieces in the oven, you can prepare a dish with a delicious aroma and taste.
Country Culinary Tips
We eat pumpkin for two reasons: it is healthy and rich in vitamin and mineral elements, and also very tasty if properly prepared. Many housewives are interested in how to bake pumpkin tasty in the oven. It is to this topic that we will dedicate today's conversation.
Pumpkin is considered a vegetable with an absolutely neutral taste, so it can be used to prepare unusual desserts and spicy, salty and even spicy snacks. Just imagine how beautiful the orange "potty" with cottage cheese or mushroom filling will look!
To cook this vegetable correctly, you need not only to know the recipe and respect its proportions, but you also have to consider how much to bake the pumpkin in the oven with slices. Otherwise, you can dry it out and make it too tight. The optimum baking time varies from 30 to 40 minutes. This time may be long depending on the method of preparation and additional ingredients used.
Perhaps, pumpkin in the oven with slices is the most popular dish, although it can be added to cereals, pastries, salads and desserts. Before preparing the pumpkin, let's take a look at a number of cooking tips:
- Choose pumpkin fruits weighing from 5 to 7 kg with a uniform color, without spots and damage.
- A fresh and tasty pumpkin will look heavier than it actually is.
- Be sure to pumpkin before cooking, we thoroughly wash, dry and clean the seeds.
- If you are baking pumpkin slices, you will certainly need to remove the skin using a special knife for cleaning fruit and vegetable fruits.
- To make the pumpkin juicy and sweet, add honey or sugar syrup.
- Pumpkin can be stored in the freezer. So it will not lose its beneficial properties and will be stored longer.
- Such additives as Provencal herbs, basil, garlic, rosemary, cheese, thyme, etc. perfectly harmonize with pumpkin neutral taste.
Cooking pumpkin snack: tasty and easy
If you are still looking for recipes for pumpkin, baked in the oven slices, then this one fits the bill. We start with cooking the original snack. Such a dish will be an excellent addition to meat, fish, or simply replace the main product in the period of diet or adherence to church fasting. By the way, vegetarians often cook a pumpkin and are not afraid to experiment. As already mentioned, pumpkin pulp has a neutral taste, so you can cook from it even the most unusual appetizers and desserts.
- 1 pumpkin;
- 5-6 pieces fresh mushrooms;
- 4 tbsp. l refined olive oil;
- to taste dried Provencal herbs.
- Initially, intact pumpkin thoroughly washed and dried with a towel or napkin.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, making a longitudinal cut.
- Spoon the sponge with a spoon or scoop.
- Cut the pumpkin pulp into cubes, the thickness of which is approximately 3-3.5 cm.
- The bottom of the pan is carpeted with baking paper, and on top we lay out pumpkin pieces.
- Send the pumpkin in the oven for baking for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 220 °.
- After 15 minutes, open the oven and pour the pumpkin pieces with refined olive oil.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin dried over Provence herbs and lay out fresh mushrooms.
- Bake the pumpkin for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool.
- Served to the table in the form of a side dish or a separate dish.
Sugar Pumpkin - Healthy Dessert
Baked pumpkin in the oven with sugar pieces has become a favorite delicacy of many of us. You can serve such a dessert to the table by decorating it with powdered sugar and cranberry berries. Just imagine how many vitamins and minerals enter your body! Calculated? You see, it is very simple, tasty and, most importantly, useful.
- 0.5 kg pumpkin pulp;
- to taste powdered sugar;
- 150 grams of sugar.
- To begin, perform all the preparatory actions and wash the pumpkin.
- We clean the pumpkin from the peel and seeds, and then chop into equal pieces.
- Pour some water into the pan and dissolve the sugar in it.
- After boiling, dip pumpkin pieces into syrup and boil for 5-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, the oven is heated to a temperature of 180 °.
- Boiled pumpkin spread in a bakeware and send for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Before serving, cool the pumpkin and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Honey pumpkin dessert: you will lick your fingers!
Today we have a baked pumpkin in the oven with honey slices for dessert. You probably know that you can add legends about the benefits of honey. And in combination with pumpkin, such a dessert has no equal at all.
- 3-4 pieces apples;
- 0.4 kg pumpkin pulp;
- to taste honey
- Prepare the pumpkin as described in previous recipes.
- Cut it into portions and lay it on the bottom of the heat-resistant container.
- Peel the apples, rinse, remove bones and also cut into equal pieces.
- Evenly distribute the crushed apples on top of the pumpkin.
- Fill to taste with all the ingredients of liquid honey and send in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes at a temperature threshold of 180 °.
- After cooling, serve the dish to the table.
Pumpkin pulp contains a huge amount of micro and macro elements necessary for our organism. If your family does not consider themselves supporters of such a dish, you can bake pumpkin with various fillings, for example, with cottage cheese, rice groats, dried fruits, nuts, poppy seeds, etc. Bon appetit!