Currently, running is a popular exercise that allows you not only to lose those extra pounds, but also to strengthen your legs and also to tighten your body. If you combine jogging with fasting days and diets, you can achieve good results. Many people wonder - how many calories are burned while running?
How many calories are spent when running?
Each person's metabolic processes occur differently, so the calories are not spent in the same way. In addition, the number of calories lost during exercise affects the intensity and duration of training, as well as the weight of a person. The more speed, the more calories when running is burned. The human body is designed so that at the beginning of the exercise only carbohydrates are consumed (as the body replenishes the reserves of energy spent on the run).
The first 30 - 40 minutes of calories are consumed a sufficient amount, but the fat does not go anywhere. It will begin to collapse only after this time period. Following this rule, coaches advise to run at least an hour. During this time, the body will have time to burn some fat.
On average, a person’s speed is 7-8 km / h. A woman weighing 70 kg loses about 600 kcal for 1 hour of running. The more weight a person has, the more calories he spends. With a weight of 90 kg for 1 hour of training, you can lose up to 800 kcal. But for overweight people a big loss of calories is not an indication for weight loss.
This is primarily due to the peculiarities of the body: during the run on the foot and the knee joints there is too much pressure, as a result of which the ligaments, tendons and joints can be seriously damaged. If you increase the speed, you can lose more calories. However, it is not recommended to force it for faster weight loss, since such loads may adversely affect the cardiovascular system and cause intracranial pressure drops.
Professionals advise running 3 - 4 times a week, not more. This is due to a strong shake-up for the body, which can not withstand such loads. For optimal burning of calories is recommended to engage in the morning. After all, it is at this time of day that the load occurs with double force, and the effect is achieved faster. On the other hand, doctors do not consider morning jogging to be useful, because it is harmful to the vessels (there is a high risk of getting a stroke).
The best option for losing weight is running on the spot. It can be performed at any time of the day, because this exercise does not burden the body very much. The only disadvantage of such a run is that calories are lost a little less.
To burn calories and lose weight, you must include jumping rope, long jump, sprint, cross-country running, etc. in your training program. In addition, you should give up smoking, alcohol and switch to proper nutrition.
Increase the load should be gradually, listening to your well-being. At the slightest unpleasant sensations, stop classes and consult a doctor.
The average speed when jogging is 8 - 9 km / h. In an hour of leisurely running, you can burn up to 500 kcal (with normal walking, a person burns about 250 kcal). If you correctly increase the load, you can increase the flow rate to 1000 kcal.
Making calories burn faster can be warmed. For example, while jogging you can wear a warm sweater, warm pants. The effect of such a run will increase, and the number of burning calories will increase by 200 - 300.
Good results can be achieved by wrapping fat accumulation sites with plastic wrap. Due to the creation of the greenhouse effect, calories will come out with sweat, the volumes will decrease, and not a trace will be left of the cellulite.
Calorie consumption when running: contraindications
Like other physical activities, running has its own contraindications:
- Congenital heart defect;
- Cardiovascular failure;
- Thrombophlebitis of the lower extremities;
- Heart rhythm disorder;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Pulmonary diseases;
- Kidney disease.
You also can not run when the exacerbation of any disease, including colds. Otherwise, serious complications can occur.
How to run: tips
- You should not start running immediately, going outside. Give 3 - 5 minutes to an easy warm-up to work out the joints. You can squat, stretch, jump on the spot, perform wing movements with your legs and arms, and rotate your torso.
- You can not start running with heavy loads. It is better to start small: 15-20 minutes a day will be enough. Gradually increase the load and intensity of training.
- Do not overload the body, otherwise you will only become more irritable, and the muscles will hurt.
- It is recommended to run before meals, not after.
- After running, be sure to take a contrast shower.
- Choose the right shoes and running suit. So it will be much more convenient for you.
- Combine different types of jogging: jogging, with obstacles, for short distances, with acceleration, shuttle, slow, fast, etc.
- While running, it is important to relax and not try to adapt to a particular rhythm of breathing. During the run, it is recommended to breathe through the nose (if you breathe through your mouth, it means that you do not have enough air).
- Classes should be conducted regularly, otherwise you will not achieve the desired results.
What is the benefit of running?
With the right approach, running can bring tremendous benefits to the body:
- Charges energy, freshness and vigor;
- There is a normalization of blood circulation and metabolic processes;
- Eliminates the problem of digestion;
- Reduces weight;
- Burns fat;
- Improves mood;
- Helps fight depression;
- Relieves stress;
- Beneficial effect on the immune and central nervous system;
- Promotes hardening, especially if you run in the winter;
- Running brings all muscle groups into shape.
- Self-control, purposefulness, strength of the bulge develop;
- Increased self-esteem;
The benefits of running for the human body is invaluable. This is the cheapest and most affordable sport that does not require investment. Thanks to running, you can significantly improve the body, throw off extra pounds, bring the body into shape, and improve well-being. Do not neglect regular exercises, and then you will achieve the desired results.