Reflux esophagitis is a common ailment that affects the digestive organs. It is no secret that the treatment of any disease of the gastrointestinal tract involves the observance of a special diet, which the doctor must prescribe. Only with the help of a diet you can normalize the work of the stomach and eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
Reflux esophagitis: symptoms
The main symptoms of this disease are:
- Sour taste in mouth;
- Pain and burning sensation in the sternum.
In order to understand these symptoms and find out whether you are actually suffering from this disease or not, it is necessary to undergo examination and diagnostic studies of esophagomanometry, esophagoscopy, fluoroscopy and monitoring of the pH of the esophagus. Only with the help of these data you can accurately diagnose. Only a doctor can do this.
Like any disease of the gastrointestinal tract, symptoms of reflux esophagitis can be eliminated with proper nutrition. It is recommended to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions. The last meal should be no later than 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Do not eat too cold or too hot meals, so as not to irritate the esophagus and stomach.
After lunch it is not recommended to go to bed right away. It is better to walk for an hour or just sit for food to have time to digest, rather than ferment in the stomach during sleep.
You can use only those products that do not provoke the appearance of heartburn. You should not overeat and should refuse products that cause bloating. These include: mushrooms, green peas, cabbage, black bread, alcoholic and carbonated drinks, chocolate, beans, flour products, dairy products, fatty meats and fish, some types of fruits and berries, spicy seasonings. In addition, it is not recommended to eat fried, fatty, smoked, canned dishes, pickles, fast food, etc.
Keep track of exactly which foods cause you to have reflux esophagitis, limit their use.
After eating you can not engage in physical activities and perform activities associated with the slopes.
When exacerbating the disease, the doctor may prescribe a more stringent diet that allows you to use the following products: boiled soft-boiled eggs, sour cream, cereal, milk, low-fat cottage cheese, meat and fish souffle, steam cutlets and meatballs, crackers, baked or boiled vegetables and fruits.
Before meals, be sure to drink 1 tbsp. boiled cold water to protect the esophagus and stomach, as well as reduce the concentration of gastric acid.
Observing diet with reflux esophagitis, take into account the individual characteristics of the body, because absolutely any products can provoke an exacerbation of the disease.
Treatment of folk remedies
If symptoms of a disease occur, it is necessary to consult a doctor in order to prescribe proper treatment and correctly make a diagnosis. However, esophagitis reflux can be treated with folk remedies that are aimed at protecting the esophageal mucosa, neutralizing the increased aggressive environment of the stomach and improving the function of the muscle valve. To popular treatment brought results, it must be combined with proper nutrition.
- Plantain infusion: pour 2 tbsp. chamomile, 1 tbsp. bare licorice root, motherwort grass, plantain grass, medicinal lemon balm leaves. Draw 2 hours and strain. The finished tincture is taken 4 times a day for ½ tbsp.
- Herbal tincture: mix 1 tbsp. herbs of common oregano, leaves of narrow-leaved fireweed, peppermint, flowers of medicinal calendula, marsh calamus root, fruits of common anise. Pour herbal mixture 2 tbsp. Cold water and leave for 2 hours. After the mixture is heated in a water bath for about 20 minutes and strain. Herbal tincture take on ½ tbsp. 6 times a day.
- 30 min before a meal, you can take 1 tbsp. juice from celery root.
- Infusion of dandelions: collect a 3-liter jar of yellow dandelion heads during their flowering. Rinse the flowers well, place them in a jar, pouring with sugar. When you fill a 3-liter jar with dandelions and sugar, ceiling them to give juice. The resulting juice is diluted with water: 1 tsp. juice for ½ st. water. Means drink before meals.
- Potato decoction: rinse well with several tubers of potatoes, cut them into several pieces with the peel. Fill the tubers with 1: 2 water. Put the tool on the fire, bring to a boil and cook for 1 hour. During the cooking process, add water to the original volume. Potato decoction take ½ tbsp. on the day before meals.
- You can also drink freshly squeezed potato juice or chew a few slices of raw potatoes before eating.
- Brew from the hips: 3 tbsp. dry rose hips in a liter thermos, pour boiling water and leave for 6 hours. After strain the tincture and drink instead of tea.
See also:Reflux esophagitis: symptoms and treatment
Reflux esophagitis - a disease of the gastrointestinal tract, which, with the right approach, can be treated. When symptoms appear, be sure to consult a doctor, go to the proper diet, drink herbal decoctions and avoid harmful products. The sooner you start treating a disease, the sooner you get rid of it and you will live a normal life without restricting yourself in food.