"Da Hong Pao" ("Big Red Robe" - whale.) Can, without exaggeration, be called the most popular tea in the world. Many connoisseurs of tea and culture lovers in China know a monastery called Tian Xin Yun Le, it is located in the Wuyi Mountains. The oldest tea bushes grow here, some are about 350 years old. They are famous for the fact that tea leaves collected from them cured the mother of the emperor of China from a terrible disease. Since then, this type of tea has become known throughout the world. Nowadays, you can buy tea from these bushes only at auctions for huge money.
For those who can not afford to enjoy the taste and aroma of the present Da Hong Pao, tea makers have come up with another, more economical version of the drink. It can often be found on the shelves of pharmacies and tea shops. The taste of this tea is slightly different from the original, and it costs much less, but the beneficial properties remain unchanged.
Da Hong Pao: properties
Tea has a rich and persistent aroma - it resembles the smell of roasted nuts, with a subtle aroma of smoke and spicy notes. The taste of Da Hong Pao is tart, the aftertaste is slightly sweet. The color of tea is dark chestnut, rich, deep, has an amber shade. If you brew tea several times, the color becomes lighter, the taste is less tart, and the aroma of the drink becomes fruity.
Da Hong Pao is rich in nutrients, trace elements and vitamins. It contains caffeine, polyphenol, tannin and about 400 other chemical compounds. Of the trace elements it contains phosphorus, manganese, iodine, selenium, iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium and many others. As well as vitamins C, E, K, B1, B3, B6 and B12.
Tea acquires wonderful properties due to special processing. It is collected 4 times a year. The most fragrant and concentrated tea is obtained from leaves collected in the autumn. Tea bushes grow on the cliffs of the mountains of Wuyi in northwestern China, in Fujian province. After assembly, the sheets are twisted by hand or with the help of a special machine. Leaves remain long and slightly curled in length. After that, they are fried in special baskets, suspended above the hearth or stove. At the same time the leaves darken, their color may be dark green, brown or brown with a red tint.
True Da Hong Pao - such as it was many hundreds of years ago - cannot be found on ordinary sale. But related varieties are no worse, and some of them even surpass this valuable tea in taste and beneficial properties.
- Wui Shui Xian - ("Water Spirit of the Wu Mountains" or "Narcissus of the Wu Mountains" - whale.)
- Ui Ba Xin ("8 immortals from the mountains of Ui" - whale.)
- Wu Qi Lan ("Beautiful Orchid of Wu Mountains" - whale.)
- Xiao Hong Pao ("Small Red Robe" - kit.)
The effect of tea on the body
Tea has many beneficial properties, namely:
- Good tones
- Relieves stress and warms
- Soothes and helps with depression
- Helps eliminate toxins from the body
- Clears the mind
- Helps to assimilate food and destroys harmful fats, which contributes to weight loss
- Normalizes the function of the genitourinary system
- Reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood
- Prevents atherosclerotic plaques and strengthens vascular walls
- Prevents the pathology of the heart and blood vessels
- Slows down the aging process
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Restores health after alcohol and drug addiction
- Strengthens teeth and gums
- Prevents thrombophlebitis
- Removes heavy metals from the body
- Improves skin and hair condition
- Has a positive effect
How to brew Da Hong Pao?
There are a lot of ways to brew this tea, here are the main ones:
- Boil 150 ml of water, but do not boil it for a long time. Remove the water from the stove as soon as large bubbles appear in it. Brew tea leaves need water, which is 95 degrees. To do this, after the water boils, wait another 1-2 minutes. In a ceramic kettle, pour the tea and fill it with water. Cover and wait 10 min. After this, pour the tea infusion into the cup through a strainer.
- Poor brewing. Take a small teapot, put in it 3-5 grams of tea leaves and cover with boiling water. Insist about 2 minutes, and then pour into cups.
- Strong brewing. 5-6 grams of tea brew put in a small kettle, add boiling water, cover and place in a warm place. Infusion cook 5 minutes or a little more. The taste of tea prepared according to this recipe will be tart and rich.
- Take 7 grams of tea leaves and put them in a 200 ml teapot, cover with water, the temperature of which is not more than 85-95 degrees. Insist a few seconds, and then pour the tea into high cups and cover them with saucers or wide bowls: of them, then you will need to drink tea. Thus, it is possible to prepare a drink from the same leaves 5 to 9 times. Some expensive collectible varieties can be cooked about 15 times. And with each brewing taste and aroma will be different. You may get the impression that you are drinking different types of tea. This attracts Da Hong Pao to a large number of connoisseurs of this drink.
- Brewing, as in the tea ceremony. To prepare the drink you need to take only soft filtered water. Take a ceramic kettle and rinse it with hot boiled water (85-95 degrees). Do the same with tea leaves. The number of tea leaves - no more than 3 grams per 1 cup. Make tea, but do not cool it completely. It is not recommended to drink cold Da Hong Pao, as it quickly loses its taste and beneficial properties. Tea can be brewed in this way 10 times.
Many people who have tried this kind of tea recommend it to others. It has a wonderful, fragrant aroma that changes during the tea drinking process. The taste is very rich and slightly spicy, it changes different shades. The finish is long, gentle and soft, does not have tartness and bitterness. Tea contains baked notes, subtle smoke smell, fruity and nutty flavor. Some people say that tea has a sweet, fruity taste.
According to reviews, tea is well relaxing, warming from the inside and tones. It can replace traditional coffee in the morning. Da Hong Pao improves mood, creates inner harmony. Tea allows you to feel the real tea intoxication, soft, gradual and pleasant, not like anything else. Tea clears the mind and creates a pleasant spreading sensations throughout the body.
- Green tea for health
- Yellow Tea from Egypt
- Ice tea: 5 best recipes
- Cyprus: useful properties and contraindications
If you are not familiar with Da Hong Pao yet, be sure to try this wonderful tea! In addition to the amazing tonic effect that this drink gives, it is extremely healthy. Yes Hong Pao will not be superfluous during the diet or weight loss course. It will help to clear the body of toxins and strengthen its defenses.