Sport is in fashion today and it is difficult to find a person who would never try to engage in any kind of physical activity. Moreover, in order to have a slim and toned body, it is not necessary to lift huge weights and work out on simulators, you can choose another more "easy" type of sports activity.
To dateCallanetics is considered one of the most popular occupations for women., who do not want to exhaust themselves to the seventh sweat and sit on hard diets.
It should be noted that callanetics is named so in honor of the woman - Doctor of Medical Sciences - Callan Pinkney, who developed a set of exercises that affect all joints and muscles in the human body. Under this program, absolutely anyone can engage, regardless of their age and weight.
What is good callanetics?
- Callanetics provides women with the opportunity to practice an interesting, consistent, and well-defined system of clear exercises. From classes in this system, the female body is strengthened and becomes more attractive in appearance. Plasticity and mobility develop, the muscles become more flexible, which undoubtedly affects the sexuality of the woman.
- Another advantage of callanetics is the absence of traumatic movements, compared to occupations in the gym. As a result of regular callanetics, a woman will be able to boast not only slim, taut forms, but also a graceful gait, excellent posture, excellent well-being, improved metabolism and a decrease in total body weight due to the destruction of internal fat deposits.
- At the initial stage, only 2 classes of callanetics will suffice a week for at least 40 minutes and no more than an hour.Callan Pinkney claimed that 1 hour of such a workout on the amount of calories burned is 7 hours of work in the gym and 24 hours of aerobic exercise. As far as this is true, it is difficult to judge, you can only check it in a practical way.
- Such gymnastics is very convenient for business women who are constantly “in motion” and cannot often go to classes. It is also a great alternative for those who can not afford to buy a subscription to the fitness club, as callanetics can be practiced at home.
- However, despite all its merits,Callanetics has a number of contraindications: recovery period after any operation, recent birth with cesarean section, visual impairment, bronchial asthma, hemorrhoid enlargement, chronic diseases of blood vessels and heart such as heart attacks, hypertension, strokes, and diseases of the musculoskeletal system - sciatica, osteochondrosis .
Callanetics for beginners: exercises
Do not forget that at the beginning of each session it is necessary to do stretching. Not less than 5 minutes. The stretching in callanetics is no different from stretching during any training session.
- The first exercise develops the flexibility of the neck muscles and relaxes it. Standing upright, put your legs shoulder-width apart, hands on your belt. Make a turn to the left, do not rush. Return to the starting position. In each direction, repeat the exercise 5 times.
- This exercise is aimed at the muscles of the neck and shoulder joint, as well as the muscles of the back. Stand straight, put your feet shoulder-width apart, hands on your belt. Bend your knees slightly, move the pelvis up and down to fix it. Then slowly begin to lower the chin down, then to the right shoulder. Try to take him as far as possible, then lift up. Now the same, but the reverse movement - lower the chin down to the shoulder, to the chest and to the starting position. Do the exercise 5 times for each side.
- This exercise is intended for the oblique abdominal muscles, back muscles and upper shoulder girdle. Stand up straight, put your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees slightly, the right hand is raised up, and the left is on the thigh. Pull your right hand as high as possible without raising your shoulder. Taz slightly move up and forward, without lowering his hand. Bend your knees, bend forward, and without bending your arms, direct it to the left side, turning your torso. Again, move the pelvis up and forward, stand in the starting position. Repeat on the other side. Do this exercise slowly 25 times.
- Exercise for calves, neck muscles, back and inner thigh. Stand in front of the chair and place your right leg on it. Keep both legs straight. Begin slowly pulling your arms up, feel how your back stretches, and then gently lean over your leg. Hands continue to reach forward. Do smooth bends to the leg, counting to 25. Change the position and do the same, but on the other hand. Repeat the exercise about 10-12 times on each leg.
- Exercise for legs, buttocks and abdomen. On your knees, bend under your legs and sit on your heels. Extend your arms straight up, join and stretch. Lift the pelvis slightly forward and upward, then perform circular movements in one and the opposite direction 20 times.
- This exercise is designed for the pectoral muscles, hips and back. Sit on your knees, legs bend under him, hands, lean back. Move the pelvis forward and lift it as high as possible. Move up and down with an average amplitude of 20 times.
- Exercise for the hips, calves and feet. Sit face to chair, stretch your legs and press your feet to your feet. Straighten your back and round your shoulders. Squeeze your legs as much as possible. Buttocks while straining. Repeat 25 times at a slow pace.
Callanetics is based on the positions of yoga, and its secret lies in the fact that during classes a person sits in poses that are unusual for him, thanks to which the muscles stretch and train. You should not expect quick results, but if you do not be lazy and continue to train for several months, you will definitely see how your body has tightened up and built, then you can go to a more difficult level.