Bay leaf - known to all seasoning to many dishes. In addition, the bay leaf is known both in cosmetology and in traditional medicine. Herbalists treat many diseases with bay leaf, they say that the miraculous seasoning helps cleanse the body of toxins and remove excess fluid. However, is this really the case? Is it true that bay leaf can cleanse the body, saving us from extra pounds?
Why is bay leaf useful?
Many sources say that bay leaf has sedative, diuretic and anti-hypertensive properties. In addition, it is able to heal wounds, have an antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and immunostimulating effect on our body. It is believed that it cleanses our body of toxins. But doing this at home is not recommended. All because everything is good in moderation. As if wishing to make a profit, we did not hurt ourselves. Therefore, resorting to bay leaf for weight loss is extremely cautious.
Recipes for weight loss from bay leaf
They exist a little, but the choice is always there.
- Three bay leaves pour 300 ml of water, boil. Cook for five minutes. Leave for a few hours (three or four). Strain and take one tablespoon three times a day ten minutes before meals. This infusion can be consumed no more than three days in a row!
- 30 bay leaves pour four glasses of boiling water. Let it stand overnight. Drink in small sips for three days. You should not drink alcohol at this time, eat meat. Food should be low-calorie.
- Broth bay leaves with cinnamon: in boiling water (one liter), throw a stick of cinnamon and five bay leaves. Boil 15 minutes. Let cool, insist. Take a quarter of a glass in the morning on an empty stomach for no more than three days!
Is it possible to lose weight on a bay leaf?
Of course, bay leaf in itself will have little effect if you are not very moderate in food. After all, you can effectively lose weight only in combination of diet and exercise (it is also important to take into account whether your excess weight is caused by hormonal disorders). Broth bay leaf is only an auxiliary tool, an additional measure for the first step to losing weight - cleaning.
But not everyone can use bay leaf decoction for three days in a row, and even less.
What harm bay leaf?
Many herbalists convince very carefully to cleanse the body in this way. Why? Because it can lead to undesirable consequences: the development of complications, side effects.
- Contraindicated bay leaf in gastritis, ulcers, diabetes, liver failure, constipation, with chronic and inflammatory diseases, as well as pregnant (increases the tone of the uterus, causing miscarriage) and nursing mothers. Do not give a decoction to children under 12 years old.
- First of all, bay leaf is an allergenic product. It should be used extremely carefully for people who are prone to allergies. It is necessary to refuse it absolutely if you are allergic to it.
- Damage to bay leaves during exacerbation of diseases of the kidneys, heart and liver.
- In case of violation of the protein metabolism, it is necessary to refuse the use of bay leaf decoction.
Despite the presence of contraindications, laurel foxt is an excellent cleansing agent for our body. It is necessary to use only it in the correct quantities and terms (the course of purification should last no more than three days!). It is important to treat the treatment with caution, and not only to people with contraindications to its use. Diets are better to start after the course of purification, or on the second - the third day, but sparing (or make the so-called passing days). Sport is also useful, but not intense.