Quince can not only pleasantly diversify your daily diet, but also have a beneficial effect on health. It is especially useful in diseases of the stomach and female diseases.
Quince: healing properties
Quince is rich in nutrients - citric, malic, tartaric acids. It has sugar (fructose) - up to 12 percent. Also in this fruit a lot of pectic substances and essential oils.
The most surprising is the presence in the fruits of a huge amount of iron. This element in 100 g of the product contains 2 daily intake! The quince also contains a lot of copper and vitamin C.
Avicenna considered this fruit to be the best medicine that strengthens the stomach and restores the liver. Prescribing quince juice to patients suffering from disorders of the stomach and liver, he not only cured the ills of people, but also strengthened their overall health.
Ripe quince in color is the same as a regular lemon. It is quite acidic, so it is rarely consumed raw.
This fruit helps with anemia, since it contains 2 important substances at once - copper and iron.
It is also useful to anyone who needs an extra dose of iron. Among them are pregnant women, nursing mothers, athletes and fast-growing children.
The recommended dosage is 1 baked fruit with sugar or honey 3 times a day. This dessert can be easily replaced with juice pressed from 3 quince fruits, which should be used three times a day. Juice is also well mixed with honey. In addition, tasty add slices of quince to tea, it will give the drink a unique sourness and wonderful aroma.
The fruit is useful in the treatment of the digestive tract, because it is rich in tannins, pectin. Folk healers in many countries use quince compote as a medicine for liver diseases, as an antiemetic. The last property of the fetus is worth taking note of pregnant women, picking up an effective remedy for nausea.
Quince has a beneficial effect on edema. Its grains can also be considered as medicine. Even official medicine uses quince seed extract as an expectorant. Folk healers use it for bronchitis, bleeding.
Apply quince and as an effective external agent. A decoction of the seeds - as an anti-inflammatory agent for burns, sore throats, inflammatory processes of the eyes. Among other things, a decoction of seeds - a good cosmetic product, softening the skin. Made from the juice of the fruit poultices, according to healers, can alleviate the suffering of patients with hemorrhoids.
At home, they are used as a side dish or as an excellent seasoning for meat. Pleasantly smelling fruits are excellent raw materials for sauce and even mustard.
Quince baked in the oven: a recipe
- Quince - 6 large fruits
- Sugar - 12 tbsp. l
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Rinse the quince well. Carefully wipe it off. Remove all lint on peel. Drain. Cut each fruit into 2 parts and remove from each core.
- Then put the prepared quince in the pan cut up (it is important to have a non-stick coating!). Sprinkle each part with a spoonful of sugar, gently pour a small amount of water on the bottom of the pan, tightly cover the pan itself with cooking foil and place the dishes in a hot oven.
- Bake a quince at a temperature of 200 degrees for 2 hours, then remove from the oven and cool.
Duck baked with quince in the sleeve
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Quince - 3-4 pieces
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp. l
- Salt and pepper duck inside and out. Clean the quince and cut into small pieces. Squeeze the garlic into the mass, add the soy sauce and mix.
- Stuff the duck with quince pieces, coat it with the rest of the sauce (you can use a little adzhika or ketchup for lubrication). Next, put the carcass in a sleeve for baking and place in a hot oven for 2-2.5 hours at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- Roasted or boiled potatoes are well suited to the duck as a side dish.
Baked quince with honey
- Quince - 1 pc.
- Lemon - ½ pcs.
- Butter - 50 g
- Granulated sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Honey - 2 tbsp.
- Walnut - handful
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash quince, cut in half, carefully remove the core. Cover the baking sheet with foil, brush with butter, sprinkle with sugar.
- Put a quince on a baking sheet, put 1 tsp in each half. butter, a little bit of nuts and 1 tbsp. l honey Powder everything on top of 1 tbsp. sugar, sprinkle with juice 1/2 lemon, garnish with half a nut.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes, so that the quince is caramelized.
Baked quince - tasty and healthy delicacy. It can serve as a dessert, a side dish for the main course or as a component of sauces. This fruit perfectly complements meat and poultry dishes.