The leading place in the list of products for people who prefer to lead a healthy lifestyle, in our time is oatmeal. But it is not always eaten. For a long time, people considered this grass a harmful weed and actively destroyed it. What actually is this product and whether its merits in business of preservation of health are exaggerated? The subject of our conversation is oatmeal: the benefits, harm, use and methods of cooking.
What is the composition and caloric content of "porridge for the healthy?"
There is an opinion that to eat a plate of oatmeal for breakfast is to get a charge of cheerfulness, which is enough for the whole day. Is it really? An indicator that will help you understand exactly whether oatmeal is really beneficial - calorie content.
Nutritionists have calculated that a portion of 100 g of oatmeal contains 345 kcal. This is a valuable low-calorie food product. A big plus is the high protein content - 16.86 g. The amount of carbohydrates in this cereal is even greater - 66.27 g, which cannot be said about fats - 6.9 g.
Oatmeal contains iron (4.72 mg), zinc (3.97 mg), copper (630 mg), magnesium (177 mg), potassium (429 mg), phosphorus (532 mg), and many other useful ingredients. that ensure the growth process and strengthen the body.
Oats - a real champion among the cereal content of enzymes that help cleanse the body of toxins. The seeds of this plant are rich in phospholipids. These substances effectively normalize the metabolism. Enough to eat only 100 grams of oatmeal to get three daily intake of vitamin B1 and ½ of the norm of vitamin B2.
Champion's Breakfast - Oatmeal!
The classic menu of the British and supporters of proper nutrition - oatmeal for breakfast. The benefits and harms of such a diet are expressed by the formula 4: 1. Here are 4 arguments in favor of starting your day with a plate of oatmeal.
- The body absorbs oatmeal gradually. It is enough to have breakfast in a small portion of this porridge - and hunger will not remind of itself until the very dinner. This property can not boast of any of the products!
- To prepare such a breakfast does not have to spend a lot of time, which is important for those in a hurry to work. Depending on what method of cooking to use (boil in a saucepan or pour boiling water), the cooking process will take no more than 15 minutes.
- If you start the day with delicious oatmeal, you can not only naturally remove from the stomach walls the mucus that accumulated during the night, but also gently start the work of the digestive organs. If you maintain such a diet for a long time, you can bring back to normal the entire digestive system and forget about problems with the stomach and intestines.
- Oatmeal has unique abilities: it "binds" harmful cholesterol and removes it from the body. Thus, this porridge will protect people from heart disease.
Since childhood, every child is inspired: oatmeal for breakfast is useful. This product can only be harmful if the person is diagnosed with celiac disease (celiac disease). This means that the body is not able to qualitatively process substances that contain cereal crops.
Interesting facts about the benefits of oatmeal
Those who are not in a hurry to include healing cereal in their diet will not hurt to learn how oatmeal is useful and how its use affects the body. A plate of porridge several times a week can cause such positive changes in the body:
- improve memory and stimulate thought processes;
- replenish the supply of vitamins and minerals, which will force the immune system to better perform its functions;
- prevent the development of osteoporosis;
- normalize the work of the kidneys;
- improve blood clotting;
- give radiance to the face skin and shine and strength to the hair (it is enough to use a decoction of flakes for washing and washing the head).
It is very useful to use porridge for residents of megacities who are forced to live in adverse environmental conditions. A dish of oat grains will help cleanse the body of heavy metal salts and other dangerous and toxic components.
What harmful useful oatmeal?
Although the use of porridge from oat grains is a proven fact, it is not recommended to use it daily, as phytic acid is a part of this product. She washes calcium from bone tissue and does not normally absorb this necessary component.
There is a category of people for whom porridge is absolutely contraindicated. We are talking about those who have an intolerance to gluten or gluten.
How good is the quick-cooking oatmeal?
The life of modern people passes in a rapid mode. Trying to have time everywhere, but at the same time eat right, many people choose dishes that do not need to stand at the stove for a long time. Therefore, instant oatmeal entered the diet. The benefits and harms of such a product are quite different.
There are only 2 advantages - cooking speed and variety of tastes. That is, there is practically no benefit from such a dish. If you use a similar product, the value of porridge will decrease several times. Flakes lack many useful ingredients. Such an express breakfast will not become a source of energy and will not be able to normalize the metabolism in the body.
Instant cereals include starch. Once in the body, this element will turn into sugar, which will lead to an increase in glucose levels. This can cause the development of diabetes. Excess sugar contributes to the appearance of fat deposits on the internal organs.
In the process of producing these products, oat grains are crushed and then steamed. Special treatment adversely affects the value of the dish. The body absorbs it quickly, but the benefits of such food are zero.
Quick porridge is not suitable for those who want to get a slim figure. A large amount of sugar will only add a few extra pounds.
How to choose high-quality oatmeal for cereal?
In order to have a really useful product on your table in the morning, you should buy grits, the cooking time of which is at least 8-10 minutes. It is subjected to minimal processing, so it retains the entire set of its remarkable qualities.
The main beneficial component of oatmeal is fiber. It is very difficult to find cereal with the maximum amount of this substance. Such oatmeal has round-shaped grains without a shell. That it contains a complete set of vitamins and other nutrients.
On the shelves you can see 2 varieties of oatmeal - "Extra" and "Hercules". The first product has a higher nutritional value, it corresponds to GOST. For the preparation of such cereals are used unpeeled oat grains. Therefore, it is better to buy porridge Extra first grade.
Instant cereals, which are cooked for less than 5 minutes, contain a large amount of dyes and flavors. These chemical additives will negate the benefits of consuming a natural product.
How to cook oatmeal?
Oatmeal is prepared in two ways - on the water and on milk. Which one is preferred? Many believe that it is more valuable in its effects on the body. oatmeal on the water. Benefit and harm such a product is well studied by nutritionists. Experts are unanimous: it is better to cook porridge on the water.
Oatmeal on the water
This cooking option will bring more benefits to the digestive organs.
- 1/3 of a glass of oatmeal;
- 2 tbsp. water.
- To boil water.
- Pour the cereal into boiling water.
- Cook porridge on medium heat (stir occasionally with a spoon) for 8-10 minutes.
- Add salt and 2 tbsp. l butter.
- Before serving, add honey, walnut kernels, fresh or frozen fruits (they should be defrosted beforehand).
Not everyone likes the taste of porridge cooked in water. If water is replaced with milk, the taste of the dish will improve significantly. But do not forget that the number of calories contained in such a dish will become not an example anymore - more than 110 kcal per 100 g. In order to eat tasty porridge and not get better, you can use this secret: dilute milk with water and also reduce the dose of sugar and butter.
- 1/2 Art. oatmeal;
- 1-1.5 st. milk;
- salt - to taste;
- honey or 1.5 tbsp. l Sahara;
- fruits, berries.
- Cereal to sort, rinse with cold water.
- Pour the milk into the pan, bring to a boil.
- Pour cereal into boiling milk.
- Boil for 7 to 10 minutes.
- At the end of cooking add salt, honey or sugar.
The dish will become even tastier if you diversify its composition with fruits or berries.
Porridge in a slow cooker - convenient and tasty!
Many housewives today in the kitchen there is a technological assistant - multicooker. With its help, you can also cook super-tasty oatmeal. What does that require?
- oat flakes - 2 dimensional st .;
- milk - 4 multi;
- sugar and salt.
- Pour prepared flakes into the multicooking bowl.
- Put the butter.
- Add sugar and salt (the amount of these ingredients is selected according to your own preferences).
- Close the lid and select the option "milk porridge" or "porridge".
After 40 minutes, porridge for health will be ready. Delicious additives to the dish will be prunes, dried fruits, berries or candied fruits.
Delicate and airy oatmeal is a great way to stay in shape and maintain good health. But even if you do not evaluate what more oatmeal can bring - benefit or harm, it’s just a very tasty dish!