According to information received from the Pension Fund, for 2015 the amount of maternity capital is determined at 453 million rubles. However, not everyone understands how significant this amount is. What can the regional maternity capital be spent on? Is it divided into parts? What are the budget limitations? To answer all these questions, for a start it is worth understanding what exactly the maternity capital represents and how its issuance is made out. What documents are required directly from you, and what should you get after?
To give maternal capital?
Maternal capital is a measure of state assistance provided to families in which a second child appeared and then a child, regardless of whether the addition took place through natural childbirth, or whether adoption was made. It is possible not only to receive auxiliary means upon the fact of increasing the family: if the situation took place in 2007 or later, you can also contact the state bodies for the allocation of the required budget. Each year, the actual amount is crowned, and in 7 years it has increased from 250 million to 453 million. However, as far as it is tangible, one can speak only after studying the strength of the ruble.
As regards the procedure for issuing maternity capital, it is necessary to make sure that you are in a group that is allowed to receive public funds.
- Mother and / or father must have Russian citizenship. When adopting a child, the document should gain force from 2007.
- The right to receive can be granted by the father, even if he is not a citizen of Russia, but only in the absence of such rights from the mother.
- A minor child (s) may receive maternity capital. At the same time, he must study full-time at a state institute (additional education is not counted), and funds to his account will be received before graduation or until he reaches 23 years old.
- The guardian is not entitled to parental capital.
It is noteworthy that in 2016-17. this measure of assistance may be canceled due to budget deficit, or it can freeze the current indexing procedure. If it is produced, the pace will decrease - 5.5% actual for 2015 will turn into 4% or less. The issue is under discussion, but the most likely solution is to decide on the temporary cancellation of the surcharge to the amount of last year, as a result of which until 2018 the current value of 453 million rubles will remain inclusive.
What is material aid oriented to?
Despite its name, this auxiliary measure is aimed primarily at the child: it is assumed that the allocated funds are spent either on education or on the improvement of living conditions. In addition, it is allowed to transfer the entire amount to the mother's pension savings.
- The procedure of spending is started not earlier than the child reaches the age of 3 years, however, there are also special cases: the terms do not affect the repayment of the mortgage, the construction loan and the living space.
- The transfer of the state certificate into cash / non-cash funds is monitored by law, so it is not allowed to spend the maternity capital for utility costs, debt repayment, purchase of a personal vehicle and other household needs.
Thus, it is easy to determine a narrow “corridor” from what you can spend on maternity capital:
- Contribution to equity or cooperative; construction and repair without the participation of third parties, including an increase in the area; repayment of a loan based on the purchase of housing.
- Payment for student accommodation, educational services - from kindergarten to university.
How to make it?
If you fall under the category specified by the legislation, you need to contact the regional office of the Pension Fund, which is attached to the place of registration and / or residence. However, you must first collect all the documents accompanying the application and are required at all stages of this procedure. What exactly is worth presenting?
- Passport (mother / father / legal representative), as well as birth certificates of each child, including the latter. For adopters, a document confirming this fact is necessary, instead of a birth certificate.
- The child’s document, to which the maternity capital must “attach”, must bear either the citizenship of the parents or a stamp for the citizenship of the baby himself. The certificate obtained earlier in 2007 requires an insert.
Separately, it should be noted that for certain situations may require the death certificates of the parents (first of all, the mother) or documents confirming the deprivation of their parental rights.
- It is important to remember that in the original only the application is submitted, while the rest of the documents are provided in the form of copies. Approximate waiting time for a decision is 30 days, after which, in case of a positive decision, the applicant must pick up the certificate. In extreme cases, it is sent to the postal address. In electronic form, this document is not provided.
- In case of loss of the document, you can request a duplicate.
The application of a citizen of the Russian Federation in the execution of all items is usually satisfied, but the state reserves the right to refuse to receive maternity capital for good reasons. Appealing a decision in a court or Pension Fund is allowed, but does not always end positively.
How to dispose of the funds?
With this measure of help, everything is really difficult, because it is not cash, but a document that is definitely used. And each case for which it is allowed to use the budget has its own requirements for the implementation of the certificate, after which the funds are transferred to a non-cash bank account. Transfer to cash bills is prohibited.
Most often, questions on state aid arise in the context of improving housing conditions, since everything here is extremely complicated, even for professionals. Is it possible to spend the maternity capital to repair the apartment, and how to do it?
- If we are talking about minor cosmetic repairs (plumbing, wallpaper, windows, etc.), then the state budget cannot go here. However, it is allowed to transfer them to increase the living space, which should be documented. When you add this item to the list of "repair cases", you can simultaneously with the expansion of the space to select a new tile.
- In order for the application to transfer the certificate to non-cash funds to be satisfied, it is necessary to submit a document certifying the intention to reconstruct the living space, indicating the change in its squares in a big direction. You should not take a loan, because its parent capital cannot be closed, and contractors cannot participate in the process.
- It is important to remember that the maternity capital cannot be realized until the child’s three years old, however it is allowed to replenish the spent funds later, upon reaching this time limit, “with an eye to it”: i.e. to carry out reconstruction, and after the child is 3 years old, to receive the maternity capital for the already improved housing conditions.
In addition, it is necessary to understand that the Pension Fund will require the availability of documents for a land plot or house, as well as permission to change the parameters of housing, and its registration in common ownership, i.e. child is included in the share.
Also, the question often arises whether maternity capital can be spent on the purchase and / or construction of housing. The answer is yes, but it has a lot of additional factors.
- For the purchase of an apartment, the seller organization must provide a contract drawn up in accordance with 214 art. The acquisition "with hands" requires the consent of the current owner of the apartment being purchased for the calculation by means of the parent capital.
- To buy a house you need to make sure that its status is “residential” and not “summer house”, or the land should be intended for individual use (not commerce). The house and the plot itself are divided, since payment can only be made for the building itself, even if its cost is less than the amount of state aid. Separate land can not be bought.
- For the construction of housing funds are allocated in full only at the conclusion of the contract with contractors. If the process is carried out on its own, the state issues only half of the amount, and the balance is realized after six months.
As for education, there are usually no questions here, since the law provides for a minimum number of points: payment for a child’s stay at an educational institution or payment for his residence in a hostel. Calculation by maternity capital is also possible with a non-governmental institution, if it is accredited and licensed. When making a payment is an additional contract with the accounting department.
Special cases of obtaining and selling maternity capital
In conclusion, it is worth highlighting several complex issues that sometimes emerge in legal practice. For example, how to deal with state aid in the event of the death of a child?
- Experts pay attention to the provision of documents - with a birth certificate, the certificate is almost always issued. Therefore, it’s not important what kind of child died after that. Stillborn, therefore, are not counted.
Won't parents forcing parents deprived of parental rights be brought back?
- After the death of the mother or her removal from immediate responsibilities, the father can dispose of the capital. In his absence, the budget is distributed among children under 18 years of age. If they have a guardian, the guardianship authorities may insist on his admission to the maternity capital.
Summing up, it is impossible not to say that the topic of state assistance to young families is difficult to understand even among professionals and will always raise questions. Especially if it concerns the subsequent implementation of the budget. The above material clarifies the most frequent doubts, and in difficult cases it is recommended to visit a specialist.