A picture is often observed when a child in a store screams “I WANT!” To the whole hall. At the same time, parents wearily explain that "no money", "we can not buy", "another time." Of course, there are those who agree to buy something, so long as he stops yelling. Oddly enough, regardless of the line of behavior of the parents, there are people around who condemn their lips and shake their heads. It is as if they know better how this particular child is brought up.
Completely get rid of the child "I want" in the store is quite difficult. You want something too? Just learned not to talk about it so demanding out loud. And the child has what is in the mind, then the language. It is best to start to teach the child to the issue of finance as soon as possible. It is not necessary to immediately sit next to him and jointly distribute the pay "for payment of the apartment, for food, for clothes." This will be a clear search for the baby. Remember the golden rule: "from simple to complex."
Where to start? You can develop your own action plan or use the following as a basis:
- Somewhere from the age of three, when the child goes to kindergarten, solemnly say "This is your work!". And to give back some amount of money. For example, a few rubles. Ultimately, this amount should be easy for the family and approximately equal to one small candy on a stick. On the one hand, this will allow the child to get in touch with the world of adults (since he has a job). On the other hand, it will be an additional incentive for going to the garden (it’s no secret that not all children love to go there).
- Issued money in part to the child must fall on the street (immediately after picking up from the garden), and partly at home. As a rule, the money that was given out on the street can be immediately transferred to the store to buy a little joy for a child. Those that are at home gradually accumulate.
- The amount of funds accumulated at home, it is desirable to regularly recalculate (improves the basics of the account). An explanation is made: “This is enough to buy 3 candies. Or 1 yogurt. Or 1 banana. If you set aside a week, it’s enough for a new ball (machine, toy).” The baby understands such comparisons, and not an abstract amount of money.
- It should be remembered that the money given out should in no way infringe upon the child’s earlier status. For example, if earlier yogurt and fruit were bought several times a week, their purchase is not transferred to the “budget” of the baby. If he bought fruit - this is his right, but you also do not forget that next time you definitely need to buy delicious food on your own.
- If the child broke the bill (sometimes it happens so), you should calmly explain that this money did not make more, but quite the opposite. Say that they will have to be thrown away. And in any case, do not glue with him! It is not necessary to know that torn money can be changed in the bank, a three-year plan.
- In the event of "I want!" In the store, say calmly: "When you earn, you will buy what you want." But it is not forbidden to periodically report the necessary amount for the purchase (as an exception, not a permanent action).
See also:How to teach a child to manage money?
There are many more nuances, but it all depends on the child and his parents. Do not be afraid that the kid will get used to receive money for going to the garden and will require the same at school. You do not pay for the assessment, but the usual visit to the place where the child is not always friendly. Almost like work: if you are lucky, she is very pleased and it is doubly pleasant not only to go to her, but also to receive financial rewards for it. Let the stimulus to learn will be the knowledge that leads to a lot of money, and not the payment of each received score.