Modern school requires parents and elementary school students to create a portfolio, where all materials from the child’s life and activities are collected, confirming his achievements and successes in various fields of activity. Portfolio is one of the tools that reflects the child’s creative progress, as well as its development in a sporting and personal way.
Some parents have difficulty making an elementary school student portfolio. If you have such problems, it is better to contact the class teacher of the child.
Creating an elementary school student portfolio
In fact, creating a portfolio is an entertaining lesson that helps to rally the child and parents. Creating a portfolio should be taken seriously and creatively, because this is the “face” of your child.
To make a portfolio, you need a beautiful and bright folder with lots of empty files (about 100 pcs.). Portfolio folder is better to trust to choose the most child. Since the portfolio is filled throughout primary school, the folder must be strong enough.
To decorate the portfolio, you can buy beautiful and colorful sheets of A4 format with various pictures, as well as buy bright stickers.
Primary school student portfolio: templates
There are templates (standards) for which the portfolio of an elementary school student is being made.
- Title page. This is the so-called cover of the document, which contains information about the student and the educational institution where he studies. Also on the title page glued photo of the child.
- Autobiography. Here the child should write a little story about himself. The main thing is that he was interested, and he believed that the portfolio is important.
- My photos. On this portfolio page you can place some photos of both the child and family photos. You can make a collage of photos so that it is creative and unusual.
- My family. This page provides information about the student’s family. You can write small notes about family members, as well as build a family tree, which will reflect the relationship of family and family tree. Optionally, you can write data about the place of work or specialty of family members.
- Child skills. This section describes the skills and skills of an elementary school student. In the column "what I can do," parents should write the most significant, in their opinion, skills and talents of the student. This information will allow teachers to develop the skills of the child.
- Hobbies of the child. Parents with a student must write about his hobbies and hobbies.
- My daily routine. This section of the portfolio shows how a child can plan their day. An elementary school student must complete it himself. You can also print this sheet of the portfolio and hang the child in the room so that he does not forget his daily routine and learn the sequence and order.
- My achievements and plans. In this section, you need to write about the plans for the future student of primary school, as well as his achievements. The section will help the teacher outline the student’s strengths, form an opinion about him and understand the student’s desire to do this or that.
- Circles and sections. On this page of the portfolio indicates the employment of the child in other institutions other than school. Maybe a child studies at a music school, goes to a dance or goes to a karate section - you need to write about all this in your portfolio. Also mention should be made of the tutoring class if the student is studying with him. This information will allow teachers to assess the developmental factor of a student in an elementary school.
- My art. This is not a required section, but it also has the right to be. If your child writes poetry or small stories, draws beautifully or knows something else that can be displayed on paper - this can be added to this section of the portfolio.
- Successes in studies. On this page you can track student progress in elementary school. At the end of the school year, it is recommended to update the information on the results of each quarter and the whole school year.
- Indicators in the technique of reading. The achievements of an elementary school student in reading speed are noted here, which makes it possible to track the reading skills of a child.
- Participation in competitions, contests and competitions. In this section, fill in information about victories and achievements in competitions and competitions, if any.
The main thing is to decide on the purpose of compiling a portfolio of an elementary school student. To organize life in the modern world, a child from an early age must navigate and adapt to modern conditions. Especially since making a portfolio is useful for a child in order to learn how to shape his ideas and think creatively, as well as draw up a resume and structure his activities.