Pets have always been human friends. Having made such a friend to your child, you will discover many different aspects of life for him that he did not know about before. He will learn:
- Feel responsible for others.
- Think not only about yourself.
- Control your emotional expressions.
It is necessary to bring a pet to a child when he can take care of him (at least partially) on his own: walk at the same time, feed him. This will teach your child to plan their day, which greatly increases discipline and develops thinking. He will understand from his own experience that in addition to his own desires, there are other beings who need his help and care.
In games with a cat or a dog, a child learns to manifest different emotions as it happens in nature. The kid pays attention to the immediate response to his treatment of the animal. If he hurts him, then a roar or a hiss will be heard, a four-legged friend can run away and hide somewhere in the apartment. But if the child strokes the animal, then affection and rumbling will be the best answer. This is a great place to study! This is how not only the difference between actions, but also the possible consequences is comprehended.
Many adults, and even more so - parents, often hide their emotions. But after all, the crumb must get the experience of dating not only with positive character traits, but also negative ones. Only contact with them allows you to learn how to control the strength of your anger, the ability to restrain disappointment and resentment, hostility towards another.
Remember that an example of how to treat an animal for a child will be how you yourself feel about this animal. If the child sees that for you it is a new family member, not a toy, and he will treat him as well. Cruel, indifferent attitude to the animal can teach him callousness and cruelty.
When choosing an animal it is better to be guided by the following:
- In the past three years, the baby still does not quite understand the principles of caring for others, often acts unconsciously. Therefore, on the shoulders of the parents will be entrusted not only the task of raising the crumbs, but also the care of animals. Even an adult child can take care of animals only partially. You will also have to take on some of the worries - to cook or buy food, to visit the vet, to clean the aquarium or the feeder. Are you ready for this?
- Estimate the real size of your home. A big dog will be crowded in a small city apartment, because a sedentary lifestyle can have a very negative effect on its health. It is better to have a guinea pig, bird, fish, cat or dog of small breed.
- Do not forget about the financial costs: the maintenance of the animal costs money. Buying food, visiting the vet, various things for animals (cages, aquarium, collar with a leash) are poured into a decent amount.
- Check the allergenicity of all family members. Sometimes a little wool, feed for aquarium fish, animal saliva is enough to cause a spasm of the larynx, a coughing fit, or irritation on the skin of an allergic susceptible person. To treat it is quite difficult, it is best to prevent the appearance.
- Hold a family council. The appearance of the animal will affect the familiar life of all who live under the same roof. And if someone is alone against the appearance of a hamster, a birdie or a dog, you should postpone the final decision. Otherwise, instead of harmony, you can get the tension of the psychological situation in the family.
When you start a pet, you take a new family member into your home. And it should be treated as you treat all your loved ones. By example, teach the child care and responsibility for your friends.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com- Angelica S.