There are not so many large-scale and public events in our life, and such as a wedding is generally a limited number. And it is quite reasonable to want this event and all its phases to pass at the highest level. A wedding is a separate step, separate emotions, separate obligations. Today, fewer and fewer couples want to get married traditionally, all ceremonies are a thing of the past, weddings of a different kind come to replace them. You can get married under water and in the air, on black bikes or light green Zaporozhtsy with Gypsies on the roof. The main thing is the idea. If a young couple does not want to do an eccentric show-wedding, then there remains one option - to turn to tradition.
Today we will talk about one important and fairly traditional procedure, which is referred to as "meeting the young with bread and salt." Regardless of the wedding format chosen by the newlyweds, parents and close relatives are always invited to the celebration. And it is the parents who meet the couple at home with a loaf. More and more often the porch of the native cloister gladly replaces the bright vaults of various cafes and restaurants. But one thing remains unchanged: their parents give bread and salt to young people.
How to meet young bread and salt?
For the whole procedure you will need:
- One loaf, which today alone can not cook. You can order a wedding cake in any bakery or cafe.
- Salt shaker
- Embroidered towel, on which the bread will be presented to the young. Such towels can be easily found in the section "Everything for the wedding."
- Glasses or glasses (depending on what is drunk) and alcohol.
Manipulations of parents, the bride and groom during the meeting with bread and salt:
- Young must bow to their parents and listen to all that they have prepared for them.
- From the parents will be required a welcoming speech. It should be a beautiful mixture of congratulations and parting words in family life. As a rule, all preparations remain on the parents, including the greeting. And here it is better for the bride and the groom to control their parents' creativity a little. Firstly, there should not be too long and too exciting speeches, icons and wringing hands. Greeting children as a family, of course, the action is exciting, but excessive drama will only interfere. If parents get excited and can not immediately be found, it is better to have blanks in your pocket. Such "parental appeals" in prose and verses can be found on the Internet and various greeting brochures that are sold at any newsstand.
- Next, the newlyweds should break off part of the bread, salt it and feed each other. Here you can add honey feeding each other - sometimes they do, honey here symbolizes a sweet and pleasant married life.
- After the "food", young people and the older generation drink a glass of champagne. You can not drink up, and pour over the shoulder - also a tradition.
- Some beat glasses for good luck, but this is not necessary.
- After all, the bridegroom brings the bride in his arms to the house (restaurant).
Parents speech speech
Nevertheless, it would be more correct to take care of the introductory parting parental speech in advance. Therefore, the following is specifically for parents who know in advance that they will be very excited. A small cheat sheet never hurts.
If you, dear parents dare to speak poems, then we wish you good luck. The most important thing is to choose short verses so that you don’t forget anything during the ceremony. Best of all, if they are simple in terms of vocabulary and will be easy to remember.
Perhaps these small poetic parting words will help you in preparing a speech. They can always be supplemented or shortened, or they can write specifically for one or another couple, add their names or indicate the characteristic traits of the newlyweds. You can also speak on behalf of everything and “by roles”, as in a school. It all depends on how the composition of the speech of parents will look like.
Congratulations we want you with a combination. Now you are husband and wife. Attached considerable effort. But the feast, as they say, is a mountain. Live peacefully and always in harmony. Do not be offended at each other often. Do not lose happiness in vain, After all, your life is only in your power.
Mom of the bride: I told you, my dear brother-in-law, I had to give my daughter. You do not hurt her And help her in everything! You are now one family, And I will be calm, If my daughter with you Will find your own home! May you be sweet together, And the road of life is smooth! Groom's mom: I take my daughter to the house, Together with my dear son. Peace to you, and love - advice, May God protect you from harm, Children will reward you, I am glad to have grandchildren to nurse. Happiness to the son - happiness to mum, I will be happy with you.
You can use prose. This will simplify a lot of things for you, because in case of an error it will always be possible to pick up “your own” necessary words, and not convulsively recall verse lines.
- Dear children! Congratulations on entering into legal marriage. We wish you happiness, health, long married life. Welcome to our house - your home. Try our bread and salt, and we will see who will be the boss in the house.
- Dear kids! Congratulations, you are now a family. And now we will check who will be the master in the house. Feel free to break bread and feed each other. Let not only your ears get pleasure. After all, not only congratulations you will be fed. Help yourself and treat others.
- My dear children, you have tried a piece of loaf. We want to keep in your hearts the warmth that has saved for you this loaf. Let your house be always full of guests and everyone will get a small piece of food. Let the distribution of your first loaf be the beginning of your hospitality.
There is another option for the most shy and worried parents - a toastmaster. At some wedding ceremonies, the toastmaster can save parents at the most crucial moment. Therefore, you can not worry too much, such an assistant will beat the embarrassment and help you get out of an uncomfortable situation. No matter how young people are met, the holiday will still be possible, and this is the most important thing!