Matchmaking by the groom is a serious and very responsible matter. Previously, such a tradition was held only in villages and villages. Today, the ritual of matchmaking in full force even conquers the capital. How to prepare for the event? What do we need to say to the matchmakers, but what is better to keep silent about? These aspects need to be thought out in advance.
Old Russian customs
Matchmaking of the bride by the groom in Russia was held in a special way. Everything was carefully thought out, the date was planned, the props were going. If there was a matchmaker in a city or village, then all the responsibilities fell on her shoulders. When it was not in the area, a blood relative was chosen for the honorable role. The bride’s parents came to the house with a friendly and noisy crowd, and the presence of relatives of the groom among all the people was a prerequisite.
An unmarried girlfriend's parents gave a wreath immediately after the first visit of the matchmakers. But if the maiden is pretty, she knew how to sew and cook, she was docile, the matchmakers had to visit her 3-4 times.
Among other customs of the ancient mode, the following were the most popular:
- In the event that a decision was made to marry a daughter, the groom's matchmaker's matchmakers were putting pies and a loaf on the threshold.
- It was not accepted to celebrate important things, especially going to the bride, on Friday and Wednesday, as well as on the 13th of each month.
- What is said on matchmaking by the groom was kept secret, so each family had its own prepared phrases.
- It was necessary for the matchmakers to leave the house in the evening, when the day was approaching the sunset, and it was necessary to go to the bride's house in absolute silence.
- Collusion, discussions and negotiations about marriage are always only standing. It was allowed to sit down after the girl gave consent.
- In order not to jinx it, the intentions to capture a damsel or a good fellow were always kept strictly secret.
Matchmaking in a modern way
Today, the matchmaking scenario on the part of the groom has been somewhat simplified. Parents on both sides discuss the date in advance, often writing a speech together. Basically, there are no strict rules for conducting this rite in the modern world; nevertheless, it is better to take into account some subtleties:
- It is customary for the groom to come to matchmaking with two bouquets: one for the beloved, the other for her mother.
- Father also presented with a small souvenir. For example, in Russia, the father always gave a flap for sewing a shirt. Today, such a thing can be bought in finished form.
- The groom accepted to wear an official suit and shirt, however, you can do without a tie. Shorts, slates and T-shirt in this case would be inappropriate.
- Matchmakers, right from the doorstep, should designate the purpose of their visit and describe all the merits of the one who is wooed. Of course, not forgetting to slightly embellish the real.
If there is a matchmaking on the part of the groom, it is better to think out in advance what to say to the matchmakers, otherwise at a crucial moment the relatives will simply become confused. Words can be written in prose or in verse, for example:
- Here you will get brave!
Your taste is quite excellent.
Dressed in fashion - the view of the capital,
The machine is and the corner of the house.
Coins jingle - not poor!
And the norm is soft - it is not harmful.
What about your beauty business?
To the family, probably already ripe?
- The ground is full of hearing,
The girl here is one:
Young, slim, beautiful.
Show what a diva?
We have a groom to match:
Well done - neither give nor take.
We offer in one thread,
Their ways to unite.
- The rumor brought us to your home,
The maiden-beauty is one here.
For your product we have a merchant -
Nice, good fellow.
And if our thoughts are similar,
Let's work for later postpone
To discuss the wedding now
And young way to happiness slightly open.
Of course, the event itself is a very serious and responsible matter. And so that the guests do not get bored, and even to defuse the situation, you can come up with a funny script for matchmaking by the groom. Add comic sayings and proverbs to ordinary phrases, change into traditional outfits or prepare pleasant surprises and contests. Then, surely, both you and the young will have a lot of positive impressions about this memorable day, and the celebration itself will be remembered for a long time.
The script of matchmaking on the part of the groom in verse looks very beautiful and, most importantly, unusual. If there is a creative relative in your family, then writing a few quatrains for it will not be a problem. And if that was not found, we suggest using our option:
Because of the forest, because of the mountains,
Came out ... No, not Chernomor!
That we rushed with the matchmaker
On a visit to you at all supports.
The truth is, our business
Does not tolerate delay.
We want to know the answer
Here, now, without delay.
(Owners of the house are interested in what urgent business has brought honorable guests to their house and invited to enter.)
We have a great merchant.
He will be a decent father.
Husband will be nice
The temper of his unpretentious!
(A photo is shown; for a funny situation, you can pre-process it in Photoshop.)
And a shirt from Versace,
Alain Delon is he, not otherwise!
It smells like a rose in May
Well, you won't get bored with it.
And the brains are always in place.
Show yourself to the bride!
(The bridegroom appears with flowers and gifts for the bride's parents.)
Go around the whole world,
There is no lingering matchmaker!
All told about me,
On the spirit of all painted.
Whose I will be who is.
The groom, addressing the beloved parents:
Kohl tell me more neche
I will not be far away.
I will ask only about one thing -
Lead the bride to the house.
I will tell her about love
And I'll show you a gift.
(A bride enters the room, the groom presents a bouquet of flowers to her.)
Oh, beautiful girl!
And rouge, and slim!
Sure, by the way,
Accept, beauty, gifts,
Assembled for the whole family.
Here for the priest's shirt,
Well, and the little girl's fur.
And for us, my love
I bought two rings!
What is more for me
A little smaller - for you!
(Pulls out a box with rings and shows the bride.)
The choice will be difficult
After all, leave home.
But answer me, dear:
Will you marry me?
The girl can pretend to be deep in thought, to heat up a bit of the situation. But then he answers with a smile: "Yes!". Guests clap, and the groom puts a ring on the finger of his beloved.
Do not worry, if suddenly something goes wrong. The main thing is that the girl gave you her consent. And after years you will remember minor troubles and incidents with a slight smile. Good luck to you!