There are products that have such a wide range of applications that they are used in everyday life, even for the most unexpected purposes. These universal remedies include petroleum jelly. As an intimate lubricant, its use has both supporters and opponents. Let's try to deal with the arguments of those and others.
Petrolatum, or petrolatum, was discovered in the second half of the XIX century, and literally in a couple of decades, not a single European became, who would not know about his miraculous power. These properties of it are used to this day. What is Vaseline for? He helps:
- soften rough skin (for example, on the elbows and heels);
- facilitate the process of putting on and removing jewelry;
- take care of shoes;
- create crafts;
- maintain the beauty of the furniture;
- remove wool from the stomach of cats;
- avoid corrosion of the terminals.
And even ... get the full pleasure of intimacy.
The composition and types of vaseline
When processing oil fractions at low temperatures, a transparent substance of a viscous consistency is obtained - it is petroleum jelly. Depending on the degree of purification and composition of impurities, there are such types of it:
- technical - a product that does not undergo serious purification and has a strong kerosene smell, is used in industry;
- medical - carefully processed substance that is used in its pure form to protect and soften the skin, as well as the basis for the manufacture of ointments;
- cosmetic - used to create creams and oils, as a lubricant for massage.
Petrolatum in the field of love
The genitals of a woman and a man are a collection of a huge number of nerve endings sensitive to any touch. During lovemaking, friction occurs, which with a lack of natural lubrication leads, in turn, to the appearance of unpleasant sensations and cracks in the most intimate places. In order to get rid of this problem, doctors recommend lubricants. However, many people deny synthetic substances, so the question arises whether petrolatum can be used as an intimate lubricant if so many creams and gels are created on the basis of this medical substance to ensure the sliding of the genitals?
Doctors give a definite answer: no. They argue with this because, firstly, the product is very poorly washed off (especially from mucous membranes), secondly, there is not always a 100% guarantee that medical vaseline is used, and not cosmetic or even technical. And, thirdly, petrolatum negates the protective functions of latex, making the use of a condom absolutely useless.
And yet there are no rules without exceptions. In some cases, vaseline oil on the basis of a medical device that is part of liquid baby soap, as an intimate lubricant can be very appropriate and useful.
Homemade Vaseline Lubricant Recipes
Pharmaceutical lubricants have a proven composition, which is guaranteed not to cause harm to the health of partners. But homemade products can only have a moisturizing effect. And, nevertheless, there are several mixtures that will allow you to forget about the unpleasant sensations in the process of sexual intercourse.
- 2 tbsp. l liquid soap based on petrolatum;
- 1-2 drops of liquid aphrodisiac (or essential oil).
- Pour the soap into a small container and heat it up a little on the steam bath.
- Add the oil and let cool. Lubricant ready.
- 1 tbsp. l liquid soap based on petrolatum;
- 1 tbsp. l flax seeds;
- 50 ml of hot water.
- Pour the seeds with boiling water, let it brew for 20 minutes.
- Add petroleum jelly.
- After 2 hours, merge. The gel is ready.
As an alternative to petroleum jelly on the basis of vaseline, you can use starch.
- 2 tbsp. l potato starch;
- 2 tbsp. l water;
- 1-2 drops of essential oil (in no case do not perfume: they have an alcohol base).
- Mix starch and water. We put on the stove.
- After the mass thickens, remove from heat.
- We drip oil and let cool. Lubrication ready.
Remember that pure petroleum jelly (even medical) is not used as a lubricant. This is due to the fact that its constituent components are very concentrated. In this form, petrolatum has a destructive effect on the vaginal microflora. And if you finally decided to stand in front of a passionate night for an hour at the stove and "cook" a lubricant for yourself, remember that:
- homemade products should not be used too often: an allergen may accumulate in the body;
- after intercourse using any lubricant must be thoroughly cleaned;
- If a man or a woman feels discomfort even after a shower, you should immediately consult a doctor;
- gynecologists strongly recommend that women experiencing problems with natural lubrication, contact a specialist, as it may be a signal of the development of the disease of the genitourinary system.
So let's summarize. Petroleum jelly as an intimate lubricant is not used in its pure form - this time. You can only use liquid baby soap based on petrolatum - that's two. Do not use homemade lubricants too often - these are three. And finally, in the absence of medical indications, it is possible to increase the amount of natural lubrication without any additional funds. Calm atmosphere, a glass of red wine, a long prelude - and you will not even remember any petroleum jelly recipes.