Dependence on computer games is one of the most serious and widespread problems of modern society. It is placed on a par with alcoholism and drug addiction, because they have a similar influence on people - complete submission and distraction from the real world. It is rather difficult to get rid of computer addiction, but with the help of a specialist and the support of relatives, the problem can be solved.
Dependence on computer: signs
As a rule, children and young people are dependent on games. However, this problem can spread to the adult generation, especially if in life there are significant difficulties. With the help of virtual reality and computer games, a person moves away from the real world, trying to live life the way he wants. In the game you can become anyone: a gangster, a king, a knight, an astronaut, a thief in law, a millionaire, a captain of a ship, a hero of a film or cartoon, etc.
Computer disease develops gradually, but if you do not notice it in time, the problem can manifest itself in extremely severe form. Real gamers experience psychological torment if they break away from the game process for at least a few hours, and some for a few minutes.
Symptoms of computer dependence are expressed in a dramatic change in human behavior. Some signs can be seen already at the 1st stage of the disease. Among the signs are the following:
- Obsessive desire to check the update of the game;
- The time spent at the computer is constantly increasing;
- The player does not control his spending on paid games and additions to them;
- The mood during the game is significantly improved, with inaccessibility - deteriorates sharply;
- Nothing can distract the gamer from a computer game;
- The manifestation of aggression to distracting factors;
- Neglecting important matters in favor of games;
- Inability to plan your time;
- Replacing communication with real people on the virtual;
- Neglect of own health, hygiene and other factors in favor of computer games.
There are also physical signs of computer dependence, which also cannot be ignored:
- Dryness and discomfort in the eyes;
- Constant fatigue and sleepiness;
- Migraine and headaches;
- Increased fatigue;
- Sharp decrease in immunity;
- Pain in the back and wrists.
In the case of physical signs, it is worth contacting not only a psychologist, but also a therapist.
Prevention of addiction to computer games
To prevent computer gambling, you should adhere to preventive measures, which are as follows:
- To interest a person in real events;
- Avoid sharp and negative criticism of the gamer's hobbies, expressing your opinion as gently as possible;
- Consult with a psychologist and offer qualified help to the patient;
- To try to understand the essence and interest in the games of the patient, which will help to come to a rapprochement and establish contact;
- To limit the access of the gamer to the computer, using it solely as a reward and for necessity (for study, work, etc.);
If the problem of computer gambling is noticed in a child, parents should show by their example that the computer does not lead to anything good.
- Parents should not sit at the computer more time than is allotted to the child;
- Make a list of educational games and borrow their son or daughter;
- Control the games that the child plays on the computer;
- Treatment by reality: often go to the cinema, cafes, museums, theaters, sports clubs, exhibitions, travel, walk, etc.
- Install special filters that limit the child's communication with the computer;
- Send your child to the camp or to the grandmother in the village, where there is no computer and the Internet.
Treatment of game addiction: principles
Treatment must be thoughtful and mild, because radical measures that are considered effective are unacceptable. Constant bans and reproaches will not lead to anything good, but will only aggravate the situation (especially when it comes to teenagers). In this case, the patient may simply withdraw into himself, and psychotherapy will not have any effect.
The consequences of punitive treatment measures can be dire. There were even cases of suicide. To help computer gamers have to psychologists. It is better to spend time and money on a professional, but to achieve the desired result.
How to get rid of gambling addiction? There are several ways to eliminate dependence on computer games at home, without the help of experts.
The radical method is to completely ban the computer in any manifestation. You can even remove it from home for a while or put passwords on all devices. This method has its side effects: hysteria, depression, trying to leave the house, ignoring and bad behavior of the gamer.
The gradual method is to moderately limit the computer. You can reduce the pastime of the gamer at the computer for 10 minutes daily. If you do not cope, the next day, reduce the time by 2 times more.
The replacement method involves switching the patient to something else. No less interesting and exciting. Adults may enjoy extreme sports. The child can also be recorded in any section, get him an animal and more often let him go for a walk with friends. Your task - to return gamers interest in everyday life.
The depriving method involves depriving the patient of something pleasant. A person can carelessly sit at the computer when they prepare food and even bring a plate and a cup to the monitor. Stop serving the gamer, he must understand that for him they will no longer do housework, go to the store or cook food. Children, by the way, can be limited in pocket money, purchases and sweets. The main thing in this business is not to overdo it, otherwise, as a radical depriving method can cause aggression, etc.
The impressive method, by which gamers are inspired by the right attitude to computers and games, is asked various questions in order to convince a person of his addiction. From these questions, priorities change, everything falls into place.
Dependence on computer games is a serious disease that needs to be treated. If your friend or girlfriend, husband or wife, child suffers from computer gambling, immediately contact a psychologist or try to help him yourself. Never ignore the symptoms of gambling, because the sooner you start treatment, the faster you will cope with the addiction.