Many people know that sometimes even almost new headphones stop working normally. In one of them noise may appear, the sound falls, and sometimes disappears altogether. In this situation, do not immediately run to the service center. Most problems with headphones can be solved independently at home. Even the one who doesn’t understand the technology at all will cope with the repair.
In order to quickly repair the headphones, it is worth preparing the tools and materials. If they are large and mounted on small screws, then you should choose a suitable screwdriver. Also need a stationery knife, lighter. You can connect the parts using electrical tape, epoxy glue, but it is better to use tubes that have the function of heat shrinkage. Ragged wiring connect most often with a soldering iron. On the other hand, one can do without it. The wires are stripped and then twisted together. From the accessories, you may need a multimeter. He easily determines the place of the cliff.
Do-it-yourself headphone repair
Breakage often occurs due to gaps inside the cord and poor build quality. To eliminate them do not need special skills and tools. You may need a screwdriver and a soldering iron. To get started is to find out what the problem is and find the place where the failure occurred. Let us analyze the most frequent options and ways to eliminate them.
Wire breakage is manifested by extraneous noise and interference. Over time, the sound in the 1st earpiece completely disappears. In this situation, looking for a break. Walk around the cord with your fingers, pre-connecting the headphones and turning on the music. Pay special attention to the bend area and the area where the wire enters the earpiece. In the right place you will hear the characteristic sounds.
Then you can act in different ways - in accordance with where the breakdown is located. If a wire breakage occurred inside the earpiece, then it should be unwound. In large, usually use screws. Small earbud headphones can be opened with a regular sharp knife. They are usually glued to the sides.
In an open earpiece, a wire break is also detected by touch. Walk around the cord and listen to the sound. After you have found the right place, you will need to cut the wire below it. Next, the cord is read to the wire and soldered to it in the same way as it was originally. Many headphones inside are tied in a knot. If the wire is bonded in this way, then after cutting it must be tied up, and only then be soldered. Check the sound in the earpiece. If everything is in order, then collect it back. In case this fails, use epoxy glue.
Also, the wire may break inside the plug. This problem is also heard in working headphones when probing with your fingers. In this situation, you need to get to the inner wire and cut it in the right place. Pre-plug cleaned of rubber. Next, look for a place to connect the wires and connectors. Non-working area is cut and soldered. Instead of scraped rubber over the plug make a "shell" of epoxy. Additionally, the top of the plug can be wound with threads or use a plastic sheath from a thick wire.
One earphone does not work: how to fix?
This situation is very common, because during use the cord bends. As a result, the headphone wire is cut off in these places. Also, the problem occurs near the base. There is only one way out in this situation - to find a break and to cut off the non-working part.
Turn on the headphones in the connector and put the play music. Feel the cord with your fingers. Pay special attention to those places where there are obvious bends. On a non-working segment, wheezing or seizing sounds may appear in the headphones. Using a knife, cut the cord below the desired location. Strip the wire. Solder plots. The clutch can be strengthened with tape to match the cord. It looks better rubber bushings, which are sold in radio components. They are hollow tubes that stretch over the cord.
One earpiece does not work even with problems with the membrane plate. They are not used in all models. Most often, these membranes are placed in small acoustic headphones that are inserted into the ears. Problems with sound occur if the channel is clogged or the surface is deformed. How to make headphones:
In the 1st case it is necessary to open the case. Then gently detach the plate. It is a small mesh. Take a cotton pad. Wet it with alcohol and gently scrub all the accumulated dirt. As a result, no particles should remain on the surface. Gently reattach the platinum. Close the ear casing.
If the sound still does not pass, then it is a matter of membrane deformation. In this case, it is necessary to detach it and gently straighten it. Then the surface of the mesh is carefully wiped with a cotton pad with alcohol. The membrane is connected back, the housing is closed.
How to make headphones yourself: useful tips
- Sometimes it happens that the sound in the headphones becomes quieter due to poor fit. There is an easy way to make your headphones louder and more convenient. You will need some special Sugru silicone.
- First, take a small ball. From this amount of silicone we roll a strip sausage. Then wrap it around a bad earphone. If the bezel is too long, it should be cut off with a stationery knife. Fingers add silicone to the desired shape. We will do the same with the 2nd earpiece. Leave the silicone for 1 hour to harden.
- Some tips:
- If there is a wire break below the beginning of the branching wires to the headphones, then you should pay attention to the correctness of their twisting. Inside the cord you will notice that they are connected in pairs in color. After circumcision, they are soldered on the same principle.
- If you do not have a soldering iron, and a breakage has occurred inside the cord, then connect the wires with a simple twist in a spiral. To do this, take both wires and pinch your fingers. Then fasten their tips, rotating them together.
- More reliable twisting - linear. Place 2 wires parallel to each other. Connect them so that the tips curl the opposite wire in a spiral from top to bottom.
- Sometimes it is very difficult to determine where the wire is broken. Will help solve the problem of multimeter. To begin with, using a clerical knife, make an incision in the intended place of the cliff. Then gently pull the wires. Next, you need to remove the plastic with which they are covered. The easiest way to do this is a cigarette lighter. When a little plastic comes off the wire, attach a multimeter to the intended non-working location. It will show whether the site is really damaged. In this case, the multimeter should work in the resistance mode.
In order to fix the headphones yourself, you need to determine the type of problem. Most often there is a wire break inside the cord. This happens because of the excesses. The general principle of action at break is simple. It is necessary to find the area where the wires were disconnected, cut it off and reconnect it to the working part. Also, one of the headphones may not work due to clogging and deformation of the inner membrane. It is necessary to disconnect, wipe with alcohol and straighten.