Today, the problem of poor vision can be solved in several ways, among which wearing contact lenses is the most popular. And if you have just become the happy owner of these small gadgets, then the recommendations on how to put on the lenses for the first time will surely come in handy.
Understand only bespectacled!
Winter, snow sticks to the glasses, nothing is visible ... Or summer, heat, from sweat the arms slide along the bridge of the nose, eyes tense, my head hurts ... A familiar picture for everyone who is forced to wear glasses. But there is a convenient and very effective alternative - contact lenses. True, to wear them you need to adjust. First of all, you should remember that you should gradually get used to the new accessory.
- The first time we wear lenses for 20 minutes, and then we increase the wearing time by 15-20 minutes.
- If during the adaptation period I had to walk a day or more without lenses, then we begin the process of habituation anew.
- At night, we always remove them.
In the absence of force majeure, it is possible to adjust to wearing a convenient replacement of glasses within a week. At the initial stage, it is very important to find out how to put the lenses on correctly for the first time, and to put this knowledge into practice methodically, and then everything will go like clockwork.
The whole process from "A" to "Z"
As a rule, the first time you wear lenses will be in the office of the ophthalmologist who wrote them out. Only in this way the doctor will be able to check and make sure that the new accessory is right for you and does not cause discomfort or any distortion of the picture. But after the door of the medical facility closes, you will be left alone with these small, delicate, almost invisible fixtures. Then an algorithm for self-donning contact lenses can help you.
- Wash hands thoroughly. Be sure to wash well with soap (preferably without fragrances), wash the areas under the nails (especially if they are long), and then wash off the foam with a large stream of running water.
- Open the blister with a lens.
- We take it with the index and thumb of the right hand (if you are right handed).
- We define the wrong side and "face". From the inside, the lens resembles a jug, and from the outside, a bowl with a wide mouth.
- Put the device on the pad of the index finger "face" down.
- Use the middle finger of your left hand to pull the lower eyelid and direct your eyes to the top.
- We attach the lens to the eyeball and at this moment we try not to look at it. Close the eyelid, make a couple of slow circular movements with the eye so that the device fits into place.
- Repeat the algorithm for the second lens.
- Pour the solution out of the container, fill it with fresh and close tightly.
Now there is an alternative method of putting on lenses. He is to use a special blister for storage, repeating the anatomical shape of the human eye. To "dress" in the lens, it is enough to dip an open eye into the container - and after 1-2 blinks, it will itself become in place.
However, many doctors do not recommend this method, since too active eye contact with the storage solution is harmful. It contains components that wash protein deposits from the lenses, which means that they will have the same effect on the surface of the eye. And such an effect for the mucous membrane of the organ of vision is not only unpleasant, but it can also be dangerous.
Ophthalmologists advise anyone who has decided to wear contact lenses to always take off the device themselves. And to facilitate the process and the safe carrying recommend the following techniques:
- Wash your hands before touching your eyes and lenses. Over time, many experienced "lensy carriers" begin to neglect this iron rule and, as a result, provoke the development of conjunctivitis or infection with the pyocyanic stick - an infection that can lead to blindness;
- hands should be wiped carefully with a towel and make sure that there are no hairs on the fingers. Small hairs can get on the lens and cause serious inflammation of the eye;
- It is always necessary to put on fixtures over a dark surface: on such a background, a transparent thing is easier to notice if it falls;
- If you wear disposable lenses, then do not try to go through them for a week - as well as do not use reusable models for longer than indicated in the instructions;
- to train the eyelid not to close when touching the eyeball, touch it several times a day until you get used to this manipulation;
- At first, wearing lenses is accompanied by dry eyes. So it will be useful to stock up with drops of hyaluronic acid, which supports the natural level of hydration of the skin and mucous membranes.
It would seem that removing contact lenses is easy. But for the first time, tips on how to do this will certainly not be superfluous.
- Well wash your hands, wipe dry with a towel.
- Open your eyes wide (if necessary, hold the upper and lower eyelids with two fingers of your left hand).
- With the index and thumb of the right hand, grab the lens from the sides and remove it.
- Wash it with a solution. To do this, pour some liquid into the palm of the left hand, lower the lens and scroll with the index finger of the right hand several times.
- We drop a clean lens into the container and twist it tightly.
- In order to remove the second lens, repeat steps No. 2-5.
How to put on lenses for the first time is theoretically clear, but in practice it may not be so easy. That is why it is important not only to deal with the instructions, but also to calm down and not adjust yourself for hours of suffering and anguish. Confidence in success, a little bit of free time, patience and training - and you will definitely give your eyes the opportunity to perceive the world in all colors.