Repairs in the house, as you know, cannot be finished - you can only pause. But at any stage you want to have a beautiful home. The appearance of the room depends on how the ceiling looks. Among several types of finishes, tile is still the most popular. How to glue a ceiling tile with your own hands?
Cheap and angry
Inexperienced owners, who are starting to repair their dwelling, believe that expensive materials and long hours of hard work are needed to finish the ceiling. But if they are not too far from the truth about the second, then they are wrong about the cost - if we are talking about the ceiling tile. To create such a decorative coating used foam or polystyrene foam. These materials have a number of undeniable advantages in addition to price. In particular, they are:
- do not make the ceiling heavier even in small apartments;
- moisture resistant;
- easy to install;
- do not contain substances harmful to humans;
- have a wide model range (the front side can be made under the texture of fabric, stone, wood).
Selection of materials
For decorating the ceiling you need to purchase, above all, the actual tile and glue. As for the first choice, it can be:
- extruded squares with a thickness of 0.6-0.8 cm - they are the most convenient to use;
- glossy blocks with imitation of stone, wood or marble;
- injection products with a deep pattern with a thickness of 0.9-1.4 cm.
Whatever type you choose, be sure to pay attention to the quality of the product:
- the material should be fine-grained;
- taking a tile by the corner, you should not feel the trough;
- the picture should be clear on each block;
- Dents, defects or cuts are absolutely unacceptable.
When choosing glue, be sure to note that it must be selected for a specific type of tile. That is, the injector you can not glue on the glue for pressed. However, in any case, the adhesive should:
- have good bonding properties so that the tile is fixed to the ceiling quickly and firmly;
- rationally spent (if the glue is of good quality and is chosen correctly, then it leaves quite a bit);
- it is good to lie in both thin and thick layers (the latter is important when leveling the elevation changes in apartment buildings).
Tile and glue selected - can you proceed? No, not yet prepared ceiling! For this:
- we clean the old ceiling covering (we tear down the wallpaper, wash off the whitewash, but you can leave a good paint);
- we ground a surface, we dry out within a day;
- plaster deep defects;
- priming again, waiting for the day - the ceiling is almost ready for tile installation.
In order to prepare it completely, it is necessary to outline the coordinates by which the tile will be glued. The beginning will be the center of the room, so the point of reference is a chandelier or a lamp. From one corner of the room to the opposite diagonally we stretch the thread, and then divide the measurements obtained in half.
There are different ways to glue ceiling tiles. How to choose the most suitable? It all depends on your skills in finishing, as well as on what you want to see as a result. It is important to clearly understand how to apply glue to the ceiling tile.
- Apply glue to the ceiling, grabbing 4 rows at a time.
- On the wrong side of the tile degreased with gasoline.
- Brush apply glue to the entire surface of the block.
- Leave for 20-30 seconds.
- We apply to the ceiling and press for 5 minutes. After 24 hours, finishing work can be considered completed.
Do not forget to dry up the joints between the seams of the plates after the glue dries. To do this, use acrylic sealant.
Exactly, you were not mistaken - the ceiling tile can be glued to whitewash. How to do it qualitatively? There is one caveat here: whitewashing should be held tightly so that the foam blocks can also sit well.
- We wet the ceiling with a wet sponge - then the coating layer will swell, and the tile will sit firmly. This stage can be skipped only on condition that the whitewash is monolithic with concrete slabs.
- Give the ceiling to dry.
- Glue the tile.
This option is also acceptable, only experts recommend removing the enamel so that the surface is not too smooth. But on the oil base is applied a layer of soil, and then the ceiling tile is glued. The scheme of work is the same as in the previous case.
- Priming the ceiling.
- For a day we suspend work so that the surface can “grab”.
- Apply glue to the ceiling and plates, press down, withstand - ready.
How to glue the ceiling plinth?
Finishing the ceiling finish is made by gluing the ceiling plinth. Basically it is made of the same materials as the tile, so the rules for the choice of glue also apply to these "accessories". Some people prefer to glue the plinth on the putty, especially if it is made of plaster.
- We put the plinth to the ceiling.
- We press it so that it stands clearly between the wall and the ceiling.
- Measure out the desired length, cut corners.
- Apply glue or putty.
- We press, hold for 5 minutes to grasp the adhesive mixture.
And yet: you should not worry much about the fact that the bar does not fit in a bit with the wall. Experts advise not to pay attention to it: a centimeter gap will not spoil the overall picture, moreover - it will remain unnoticed.
If you are planning to repair, then you probably will need our review of popular methods, describing how to glue the ceiling tile with your own hands. Even an amateur in finishing works will cope with this task. It is only important to choose quality materials and properly prepare the work surface for ceiling blocks and baseboards.