The fungus on the walls is an unpleasant problem that must be dealt with in time. It can appear in any house, but, as a rule, actively extends in damp rooms.
Fungus on the wall: how to get rid?
If a fungus appears in your home, you need to start fighting with it at the first sign. The best remedy against mold is a good antiseptic, which provides antimicrobial and antifungal effects. The stores presented a sufficient amount of antiseptic. It is important to select the drug in accordance with the material of the treated surface. This will remove the mold on the walls quickly, prevent its occurrence.
Work on the removal of mold is carried out after complete cleansing of the infected surface. To do this, wear a respiratory mask, remove the wallpaper from the walls or carefully clean off the plaster. After that, you can treat the surface with a finished antiseptic or one of the home remedies.
- It is advised to clean the infected walls with creosote;
- Prepared solution of 300 g of boric acid, 1 l of vinegar, 550 g of borax and 7 l of water;
- Office glue, diluted in water (4: 1);
- A solution that contains 1 kg of sodium fluoride, 10 liters of water, 1.5 kg of copper or iron sulphate;
- The composition containing 2 liters of vinegar, 500 g of copper sulphate and 10 liters of water;
- The surface can be treated with urea.
Office glue and urea can only remove mold for a while, while other means can completely eliminate the problem.
It is important to apply the solution only on the affected areas, preheating it to 50 degrees in advance. After surface treatment, it is important to wait until it dries and to ensure the humidity of the room is not more than 35 percent.
The remedy for fungus on the walls
The leading role in the fight against fungus on the walls is played by antiseptics - chemical solutions that have antifungal and antimicrobial properties. To date, water-based antiseptics are particularly popular, using white spirit or turpentine. There are also oily antiseptics that can penetrate deep into the surface.
Before dwelling on a particular tool, it is important to determine the type of fungus. To do this, you should consult with a specialist.
- If you need to choose what to treat the walls of the fungus, you can choose the antiseptic products of domestic production: "Hydrobud", "HIMFREZ Cleaner", "Antifungal", "Biostop", "Tamak", "HIMFREZ Activator", "Hydrotex" and "ArmMix Universal ".
- Among imported antiseptics, Pinotex, Puma, Renogal, Sniezka, Hydrotex and some others are especially popular. If water-repellent paints, facade dispersions and formulations are necessary, then you can use Tikkurila and Dulux "," Cap Arreghini "or" Crown ".
Presented antiseptics do their job well. The main thing when using them is to follow the instructions.
How to protect yourself from the fungus walls?
So that your home does not hit the mold, it is important to follow a few simple rules.
- Reducing the humidity in the apartment. The optimum humidity of the room should not be above 35 percent. Heating, ventilation and heat insulation are carried out in accordance with the design standards. Heating appliances should be placed with all requirements.
- Ventilate the room as often as possible to prevent the accumulation of high humidity levels.
- Make sure that the doors to the bathroom, etc. wet rooms do not close too tight. Be sure to ventilate the room, leveling the temperature and humidity.
- Ventilation must be open in the bathroom and kitchen.
- Once a month, wipe the floors and walls with antifungal agent. To prepare it, take 200 ml of bleach, 5 tbsp. l trisodium phosphate and 6 l of water. Process this composition floors, ceilings and walls.
- Do not keep geraniums and African violets in your apartment - these plants promote the reproduction of fungi and microbes.
Read also: How to remove mold from clothes?
At the first manifestations of mold, immediately treat the affected surface with antiseptic preparations. Get rid of the fungus is easier in the early stages of its appearance. If you doubt that you can cope with the problem on your own, contact a specialist for help. Remember that timely removal of the fungus from the walls will keep the air in your home clean.