Everyone knows the word "yoga" and even represents what it means, but not everyone can give it a precise definition and tell its basic principles. In fact, yoga is a very broad concept and it takes years to study this science. Everyone decides to what extent they will master yoga - from rare leisure time activities to full immersion in it and the development of such talents as walking on broken glass or swallowing sharp swords.. Yoga, in that form, is taught in fitness centers at the level of eastern gymnastics; you can do it yourself at home.
What is needed for classes?
A place in the open air for classes, classes can be held in a room with open windows or a window.
Spacious clothes made of lightweight fabric, pleasant to the body.
The best time to practice is early morning, when the sun is just beginning to rise, but if you get up late, you can practice at any time, but only 3-4 hours after eating.
Yoga should be done on the floor, putting a gymnastic mat or regular carpet. But on a very soft surface is not worth doing.
At first, it is advisable to engage only under the guidance of an experienced master, who will select the optimal load for you.
How to properly perform asanas (positions)
1) Constantly monitor your health.
2) As soon as the body gets used to the initial load, increase the intensity of the exercises.
3) Perform postures for relaxation and muscle tension in a clear sequence.
4) In class, alternate statics and dynamics in exercises.
5) Ensure that all muscles are relaxed during any posture.
6) Move away from external problems and focus on your feelings.
7) Follow the correct calm breathing.
8) It is better to start practicing yoga in a good mood and have a great desire to cultivate, both physically and spiritually.
Where to begin?
First of all, start by choosing a mentor, otherwise without understanding the position, you can generally assume such an incorrect situation, which would entail dislocations and injuries. Mentor you need at least the first time to master the basic poses of yoga. Also very important is the right attitude in the classroom, Yoga can not be treated as a normal charge - this is an art.
To help you study you will be served by various yoga manuals: books, websites and video courses. The video courses have huge advantages compared to books, you do not have to think about how to take this or that position, you can do everything exactly as the instructor describes in the video. Another advantage of video training is that you don’t have to pick up the pace and harmonious music for practice, and the encouraging voice of the presenter from the screen perfectly motivates you to practice and makes you want to return to training again and again. Well, of course, beginners are hardly worth buying a video course for advanced, but for now it is better to learn how to get started on initial training.
Nutrition with yoga
If you have decided to seriously practice yoga and consider it in the perspective of classes for many years, then it will be useful to reconsider the system of your diet, since yoga implies a special Vedic diet. Its basic rules are:
- Complete elimination of meat food from the diet.
- Drinks such as tea, coffee and products such as eggs, cheese, mushrooms, even onions with garlic are prohibited for consumption are also excluded.
- The main part of the daily diet should be eaten at lunchtime, that is, at 12 o'clock.
- You should not sit at the table if you are in a bad, depressed, or opposite mood, because food should be absorbed in peace.
- Chew your food thoroughly.
- Milk is a special product that should not be combined with other products.
- Food will be healthier and tastier if you add spices to it.
This power system is called Ayurveda, She appeared in India and is considered one of the most useful sciences in the field of healthy nutrition.
Purpose of yoga
Like any spiritual science yoga has its purpose - to achieve a special spiritual comfort, which is called samadhi. The whole practice of yoga comes down to achieving samadhi. For the uninitiated person, the word samadhi does not say anything, what is it? There are different definitions of this concept. Someone cuts samadhi with nirvana, communion with the Cosmos, for someone it is the highest degree of state, for other samadhi is nonsense, hallucination. It may seem something unreal, but those who have been practicing yoga for a long time can easily enter such a state.
If we consider this from a more scientific point of view, the state of samadhi can be compared to trance or falling into a coma. It has long been undeniable facts that a person can achieve samadhi through his own efforts. Yogis with the help of such a state can completely disable the painful sensations in the body and perform dangerous stunts - pierce yourself with swords, swallow fire or sit still for many hours.
Before making a decision on yoga, think about whether it will agree with your lifestyle, because even if you do not dive into spiritual practices, and to focus on training, it is still yoga - a very specific type of training. If you are sure that yoga is yours, then in the future you will not regret your choice!