Confession is a sacrament that brings a person closer to the Lord, since it is a kind of boundary that kills the soul in sin and revives it to holiness. You can open the priest at the age of 7 years or at any time after baptism, but in any case it should be a conscious decision, standing on a sincere desire. How to confess for the first time, what to say to the father?
How to prepare for the sacred sacrament of the child, and how important it is to observe absolutely all church canons?
How to prepare for confession and communion?
If you follow all church ordinances from the first point to the last, then before you take communion, you must fast, hold a prayer, and then repent of sins - that is, to confess Fasting can be sustained for 7 days, but here it is worth paying attention to the fact that it is not only a rejection of certain foods (animal products are meant), but also from idle life, entertainment, marital intimacy. The priests advise to change their schedule for this short period of preparation, including morning and evening prayers, reading the penitential canon and appeals to the Guardian Angel, the Most Holy Theotokos, and also reading any spiritual literature. Of course, we are talking only about free time - the church does not need to sacrifice work and other important things.
- Separately, it is worth mentioning the moment of preparing a child for the first in his life communion of holy secrets. Children are more difficult to endure the various tightening of their free mode, especially when it comes to entertainment: watching TV, electronic games, as well as the rejection of sweets. A child, especially under 10 years old, is allowed to fast for only 3 days, while walking and playing games with his peers, i.e. natural physical activity, prohibitions are not imposed.
As for the reading of canons, a number of them can be opened only on the eve of confession and communion: for example, the Follow to Holy Communion is read at night the day before the sacrament, or a little earlier, if the confession will be carried out in the evening service. Most churches allow you to talk with the priest and repent of their sins before the morning liturgy.
A few days before the date indicated, think about what you would like to repent of. There is an important point: you do not need to make lists and memorize them. You can look for examples of what a confessor should say at a confession, but only to structure information for yourself and not to miss anything. Writing out all the points and phrases on a piece of paper, and after reading it does not make sense, since confession is a monologue of the soul and the heart.
How to confess, what to say to the father?
To understand what issues to rely on, thinking through your speech at confession, you must realize your sins. The deeper you analyze your actions and thoughts throughout life from the age of 7 years or the day of baptism, the better. Of course, no one will judge you, if you miss something - most often the most insignificant moments are erased from memory, and nobody will “pull out with forceps”. But if the decision to visit the confession came to you, it means that something burdens the soul, and it is this “something” that must first be revealed before the Lord and his “guide” in the person of the priest.
- What generally can be called a sin? If you follow the church canon, then everything is equated with sin, going against the law of God: those who are unable to remember all the pages of the Bible, it is enough to familiarize at least with the Ten Main Commandments. But the various "lists of sins", published by publishers aimed at the masses, it is better to ignore, since they are often completely absurd in their content.
- An important point: you should not try to find a particularly soft or evasive wording for the deed, just as you should not justify yourself. The latter already says that you do not want to repent, but to call yourself pity. And it makes no sense to be afraid to call things in your own words - a lot of parishioners pass through the priest, and he listens to a huge amount of confessions, so not one of your sins will cause any surprise on his part.
It is worth noting that, in general, it is recommended not to feel embarrassed or timid in front of the priest, confessing sins: through him you turn to God, and he loves his every creation equally, regardless of the severity of the deed, and is equally capable of forgiving as minor sins, so are mortal sins, if you desire in your heart for their absolution.
You can create at home a sample of what to say in the church at confession, by means of a short plan and marking some “categories” in which you could make mistakes.
- The Savior put the whole essence of the commandments in a clear phrase about love for his neighbor. Therefore, the most extensive "group" of sins are unseemly acts towards people, and not only close ones, but also outsiders. Pride and self-love, inattention to other people's problems and needs, condemnation, slander, unrestrained word, encroachment on another's property and refusal to pay other people's labor - this is the most obvious and often encountered, even in small things. This category also includes adultery, and not only in the form of adultery. In addition, the church condemns civil marriage - cohabitation without a wedding.
- Mortal sins are not only murder in the literal sense. They include abortion (including forced, for medical reasons or demand from the side), scandals (especially with battering), anger, hatred. In addition, some of the sins mentioned above are also included: fornication (incest, unnatural connections), envy, and pride. And also greed, laziness, gluttony.
- The speech itself must begin with major acts that are unsuitable to the Lord, and not accidental transgressions: breaking the fast, skipping the prayer, etc. Pay attention to your attitude towards family members, and then go to other reasons for your repentance.
Summing up, it is worth saying once again - by and large, it is important not “what to say”, but “how to confess”: any words addressed to the priest, but addressed to the Lord, must come from the heart, with full awareness of each of them. It does not make sense to simply repeat phrases on the model, the ideality of their order or construction - if they are empty and false, there is no point in confession.