Difficult situations, alas, are not uncommon in our life. Every now and then we are faced with injustice, rudeness and irritation of the people around us. Staying calm in such cases is very difficult.
And, although we often want to repay with the same coin, it is better to refrain from this: in doing so, we only complicate the situation: in response, we receive a new portion of negative, and our life is filled with more anger and frustration. In the end, everyone loses from this.
Learning to maintain composure in such situations is difficult, but necessary. Try to always stay in a good mood, no matter how difficult it may be..
How to be calm in difficult situations?
Perhaps the following recommendations will help you with this:
- Never respond to attacks on your side in a state of irritation. If you feel that you are simply boiling with anger, do not say anything at all. First of all, you need to recover.
- Take a deep breath.
- Start speaking in a calm voice.
- Remember that in any unpleasant situation you can always find something positive. As Albert Einstein said: "Every difficulty carries the beginnings of a good opportunity."
- When you hear criticism, try to find a rational kernel in it.
- If you can't do this, just ignore what they say.
- Develop a positive attitude towards people. Maybe you do not like their words and behavior, but this does not mean that you should hate them for it.
- Remember: the negative emotions that have gripped you harm first of all to yourself.
- If you made a mistake, admit it.
- Once again making a mistake, remind yourself of the words of Bernard Shaw: "The life in which mistakes are made is not only more honorable, but also more useful than the life in which nothing is done at all."
- If possible, listen to audiobooks that set you up for a positive outlook on life.
- Talk to someone who can support you.
- View quotes from books that set you up for positive behavior.
- Treat troubles like training. The more success you achieve in life, the more negative situations you have to overcome, so it’s better to prepare for them in advance.
- Understand that you can not please everyone. No one can do this. A relationship with some people is better just to let go of the past. So you can get rid of the heavy load and communicate more with those who affect you positively.
Original article: 15 Tips to Stay Positive in Negative Situations
Translation: Elena Fedorova
According to the materials of the site www.live-and-learn.ru