Yoga is an amazing phenomenon and at the same time a universal type of medicine. On the one hand, it contains many secrets, and on the other, it is accessible to everyone. Yoga as a system originated in India in ancient times - about six thousand years ago. This art has passed through many generations and is still alive, despite the prohibitions and persecutions, having taken root all over the world. According to statistics, today millions of people practice yoga and their number is only increasing every day!
Despite the fact that this spiritual practice includes a seemingly monotonous set of exercises, yoga is not boring, but on the contrary, it reveals to people a whole new facets of their knowledge. The opportunities opened up during yoga classes inspire, a person begins to look at the world in a new way. AndYoga can be practiced not only in a special room, but also at home!
How to practice yoga at home?
Most of us are busy people, so it is often difficult to find a decent yoga center and find time for classes in your schedule. But this is not a problem, because Yoga can be done at home!
- Yoga is a good start to the day.! To begin with - select the days when you practice yoga (say, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings). Before starting classes, it is advisable to drink a glass of warm water. There is an opinion that yoga should be practiced in the afternoon, but it is erroneous. Yoga is best done in the morning. At this time of the day, your brain is not clogged with events that happened during the day, and therefore it is much easier to focus on body movements and breathing. The more time a person devotes to morning practice, the more energy he will have during the day.
- Before you start classes - disconnect from the outside world. Turn off the phone, or promise yourself that you will not answer calls and be distracted by other external attention stimuli.
- For home yoga, you only need a mat for classes, a place in the house and a window in your schedule. Choosing one place - no need to change it. There should be a space around you so that you do not accidentally stumble upon furniture.
- Dust in the room should not be!Ideally, it is necessary to provide complete silence.
- It is necessary to determine the time of classes, remember - do not exaggerate their capabilities, you can try to start with the minimum, for example, 10 minutes per day will be enough, and then gradually increase the time. Be purposeful and do not deviate from the intended schedule. Yoga classes should become a habit, only in this way you can easily maintain the accumulated pace.
Performing yoga asanas at home
After completing classes and before performing them, you must take a shower. After about received, you can take food. During exercise, all the muscles of the body should be relaxed. At the beginning of the exercise, the eyes must be kept open in order to avoid a mistake during the exercise. Then, it is better to close the eyes. In the process of doing the exercises, the body should work, the mind should not be strained. In the case when you do yoga in front of a mirror, you should be fully reflected in it. When performing exercises it is necessary to breathe deeply and calmly through the nose.
For people who suffer from low or high blood pressure, asanas with forward bends are most suitable. Inverted postures at the beginning of classes are contraindicated for those who often have dizziness or high blood pressure. It is undesirable for women during menstruation to perform asanas and stand on their heads.
In the early stages of pregnancy (the first three months) all asanas can be performed. If the exercise is performed correctly, then the body will feel pleasant lightness and vigor. If your well-being on the contrary - has deteriorated, then this is a sure sign of incorrect asanas. In this case, it is better to contact the coach. Read more about yoga during pregnancy in the article Yoga for Pregnant Women.
The exercise, most often, occurs in several stages.:
- Rest before starting the exercise: before doing the asanas, you need to relax, take two or three deep breaths, taking a comfortable posture.
- Internal attitude for performing asanas: carefully look at the pose and mentally begin to represent yourself in this asana.
- Entry into asana: do the exercise according to the instructions, the movements should be smooth and calm.
- Fixing posture: first fix the asana for no more than 5 seconds, and then gradually begin to increase the time to 20-30 seconds; during performing asanas is necessary think only about the good.
- Return to the starting position: when leaving the posture, the movements should also be smooth and calm.
- Rest after performing asanas: after the end of the exercise, you can relax and lie on your back in a comfortable position for a few seconds; time to rest after class should be about one quarter of the entire duration of the class.
- About what asanas exist in yoga, you can learn from the heading Asana yoga.
Recommendations for yoga at home
- Create your ritual- a set of actions that you will repeat to increase your level of awareness. This will contribute to the desired mood. You can light the incense stick or candle, sing the mantra, or you can just sweep around the rug!
- Sometimes you should still attend classes in the hall.Proper alignment of asanas is very important if you do not want to get hurt or injured. Often, it is difficult to understand for yourself that one or another posture is performed incorrectly. Our body is asymmetrical, for this reason, in a number of asanas, we stand unevenly, exacerbating this natural imbalance. A good master will see the errors and correct the shortcomings.
- One of the important factors of yoga - calm, it must go from within. During training, it is better to focus on breathing and body sensations. Also, during yoga classes you do not need to restrain yourself - breathing must be stable, you must follow one of the main rules - non-violence towards yourself. If you have doubts about the correctness of the performance of the pose, listen to your body. You can even talk a little with yourself, because there is nothing to worry about until someone starts answering you.
- If you feel dizzy, nauseous, or unwell, stop!Your body is trying to tell you that it needs a break. Being in a state of harmony with your body, you most likely achieve the desired result.
- Sometimes more does not mean better.The main thing in yoga is not to lose a sense of proportion. Have you heard anything about the excessive flexibility of the joints? Excessively stretched muscles are the main negative factor among those who practice yoga. When the muscles are too elastic, but not strong, in some cases this leads to disastrous consequences. Only a combination of strength exercises and stretching exercises can help achieve the desired degree of flexibility.
- Every action has feedback. Doing yoga, be always active and careful.. Always try to deepen the position, making it more dynamic. For example, for this you can use resistance - if your palms are squeezed, then you need to separate your elbows to the sides. Or when your hands are pressed against the tibia, try to press them.
Think carefully before taking up yoga classes thoughtlessly. Yoga is unacceptable to do for weight loss or just to develop muscle tone. Without awareness of its goals, without knowledge of its history, it is impossible to achieve good results in it.. You can read about the various goals of people regarding yoga in the article Why practice yoga ?.
Without working on yourself, your inner world, your state, it is impossible to achieve harmony with yourself!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina