The modern man, forced to live in endless running and lack of time, is in constant tension, which, one way or another, affects the nervous system. That is why 21st century doctors sometimes call the century of stress: this “disease” worsens the quality of life slowly but surely. Therefore, excitements and experiences have become so commonplace that few people think about how not to be nervous for any reason and whether it is possible to slow down the work of the nervous system at all.
Why does a lot of excitement happen?
In order for you to know how to stop being nervous for any reason, you need to deal with what causes the body to react like this. If you work only with the consequence, which is the external manifestation of stress, you cannot prevent it and make you forget about you forever. Therefore, we will pay attention to the priority problem.
- Stress and anxiety as its visual component are signs of a lack of confidence in a particular action. Of course, to a certain extent, the share of doubts is present in any person, even if this step is already far from being performed for the first time: even professionals in their field are not deprived of them, and not only beginners in something.
From a physiological point of view, this process is explained by the work of the nervous system, but the proportion of the psychological aspect caused by the nature and way of thinking is much higher. Therefore, to a certain extent, it is unrealistic to overcome oneself and not be nervous about any reason, but completely excluding any response from the psyche to stress.
- The main rule, which, however, is not easy to follow - do not take everything to heart? How? Clearly draw in your subconscious positive and negative outcomes from the step that makes you nervous. Tell yourself what will happen if everything happens differently than you want? How much will this negatively affect your life, both now and in the future? After that, tell yourself, is it possible to circumvent these undesirable consequences?
Such a method can be considered the choice of the lesser of evils, since it is necessary not only to give yourself an answer - is there a chance to avoid or solve the emerging problem, but also to compare it with what really does not imply a successful outcome and is in fact a cause for concern. Those. the brain understands that the current problem is not as scary as it could be, and weakens the tension of the nervous system. However, with a carefree attitude towards everything, this is in no way connected.
In most cases, a person becomes nervous not after a fact, but in advance: before an important event or performance, before leaving, before a meeting. What happens in this case? Playing in the subconscious mind of unsuccessful outcomes and, therefore, programming yourself to fail. It turns out that the stronger internal jitters and panic, the worse everything will end, especially when it comes to brain activity: why psychologists advise to calm themselves before exams, public speaking, etc. In order not to get nervous and not to freak out at such a moment, over your confidence and learn to deal with troubles after they have occurred.
External Effects on Stress: Soothing Fees
Psychological training, of course, are the most effective way to achieve inner harmony, but not always a person is able to cope with manifestations of fear only by self-suggestion. Herbal infusions will come to the rescue, as well as natural medicines: Novopassit, Persen, etc.
- Motherwort and Valerian - the most famous and effective plants that can be used in the form of an alcoholic infusion, diluted in water, and in the form of brewed dry grass, and in the form of tablets. For the most powerful effect on the body, it is recommended to drink them in tandem.
- Chamomile, mint, and St. John's wort - have a less pronounced effect, but also perfectly relieve stress and facilitate falling asleep. It is better to drink them one by one, brewing 1 tsp. 200 ml of boiling water. Doctors advise to use the decoction in the evening, because the plants have a sedative effect.
- For prevention it is worth drinking natural tea, infused on the leaves of blueberries, currants, strawberries and rosehips. Of course, it will not give the same effect as valerian, but will gradually strengthen the nervous system.
- The most famous sedative collection consists of valerian roots, leaves and stalk of motherwort, as well as hop cones, which connect in equal parts and drink before bedtime.
All these folk remedies make sense only with long-term administration - 14-30 days, but their choice must be approached wisely, since individual negative reactions are possible.
How to quickly calm down and not be nervous?
If you need to get rid of the paralyzing action of excitement here and now, and you do not have Afobazol or a similar drug at hand (or tablets are prohibited for certain reasons), you can use the advice of psychologists to instantly slow down the nervous system.
- Check your breathing: close your eyes, take a deep breath on 4 counts and hold your breath for the same period of time, then slowly breathe out, counting to 6. Again, hold your breath on 4 counts and repeat the algorithm. It is necessary to perform this procedure 4-5 times, or until complete sedation. If necessary, the intervals can be increased.
- Switch: regardless of whether in the process of nervousness, or to some action, you need to take the mind, not allowing him to panic. If anxiety arose in the process of conversation, concentrate on the sense of speech (yours or the interlocutor), on intonations, gestures, and presentation of yourself. If anxiety happened "in advance," find an occupation that does not have points of contact with the subject of excitement.
If you have access to cold water, moisten your palms and place it on your neck on both sides. Rub it gently for 1-2 minutes, then cool again with moistened palms.
In conclusion, it should be said that the emergence of bad thoughts (and nervousness is tightly connected with them) is possible only when the brain is not busy: therefore, it is necessary to get rid of time gaps that are not filled with anything. If possible, it should be done with the help of physical activity - it promotes the synthesis of endorphins, which do not give stress to develop.