Zamioculcas is a rather large indoor plant. It has thick stems with symmetrically arranged leaves. At your home under the right conditions can grow up to 1-1.5 meters in height.
It blooms in indoor conditions, but not every plant lover can achieve this. Already in despair of getting the bloom from the myopiae, you can observe that it bloomed by itself, and at a rather old age.
Zamioculkas is undemanding in leaving. It can grow well in a fairly wide range of temperatures. Light also does not play a special role for him: with an abundance of diffused light, it grows best of all, but it tolerates the conditions of the north window very well. However, some housewives have problems with its content - such as, for example, yellowing and wilting of the leaves.
Why do leaves of zamiokulkas turn yellow?
- Yellowing of leaves at zamiokulkas may occur due to waterlogging of the soil. In some cases, the root system decays. The plant may die if you do not take action. If you see that the reason for the yellowing of the leaves of your green pet is in overmoistening, then simply limit watering or increase the intervals between waterings. Remember that Zamiokulkas is a plant that can accumulate water in tubers. Therefore, it responds well to some moisture deficiency.
- In general, the cause of yellowing of leaves in zamiokulkas is improper watering. In addition to waterlogging, it can also be insufficient watering. Overdrying earthen coma with the same success leads to yellowing of the leaves. With a strong overdrying of the earth, with a rather long absence of watering, the zamiokulkas suffers. In this case, the normalization of regular sufficient irrigation is required!
- In zamiokulkasa leaves turn yellow and dry, and then fall off and with too dry air.
- In addition, disease-causing organisms can also cause yellowing of the leaves on the plant. Zamioculcas is affected by aphids and spider mites. The following drugs are used to combat these pests: Zircon, Orton and others.
Do not forget also that yellowing and dying off of the lower leaves on a plant is a completely harmless process. So provided by nature. If zamiokulkas appear young leaves, do not worry - he is all right. The old leaves of the plant are often not needed, and it sheds them.
How to care for zamiokulkas not to turn yellow leaves?
Zamioculkas is an unpretentious indoor plant. However, despite this, it is necessary to know the elementary rules of care. How to contain it, what conditions should it provide to prevent yellowing of leaves?
- The best place in the house for zamiokulkas - southern windows. Oriental and western window sills are suitable, where there is diffused light. But on the northern windows Zamiokulkas will feel quite good (only here less water is needed and the leaves will be smaller).
- In the summer it is best to put zamiokulkas in the open air, on the balcony. There will be a bright light and warmth, which the plant loves very much.
- In addition to heat and sunlight, zamiokulkas prefers very moderate watering.
- The enemy is dampness, especially at lower temperatures.
- Watering should be carried out as needed, in the summer - more often, in the winter - less often (1-2 times a month).
- Feed zamiokulkas need very carefully. Suitable fertilizer for cacti and succulents. We exclude top dressing in winter, and from spring to autumn we feed only once!
- Remember that without fertilizing zamiokulkas does not suffer, it will be worse if you overfeed.
Here are the most important points regarding the proper maintenance of Zamiokulkas at home.
To prevent the zamiokulkas leaves from turning yellow, observe the correct irrigation regime both in summer and in winter, and also ensure that insect pests do not start on the zamiokulkas. With proper care of a green pet, you will avoid all these problems with him!