Yuka is a treelike evergreen that blooms with delicate white bells. It, undoubtedly, will decorate any personal plot!
Yuka garden flower: how to care?
- Yuka is a heat-loving plant. The tree is able to bear fruit, but not in our country, but in its homeland. Pollinate flowers a special kind of butterflies. In our latitudes, they do not live, it is precisely for this that the Yuka in the territory of the middle band does not bear fruit.
- Yuka garden is often grown at home in pots. But it is better to plant it in the garden anyway, in large pots it looks especially impressive. For young individuals up to 3 years old, you need to use a capacity of 3 liters, and for adult plants it is advisable to pick a pot larger, with a volume of 10 liters or more. The flower should be placed indoors in a sunny place. The soil for growing this plant should consist of leaf and turf soil, and also contain sand and humus.
- Watering the plant requires moderate.Need a Yuka watering or not, can be determined by the state of its leaves: if they are well straightened, and the leaf strings are tightly twisted, then everything is in order, and if they start to fold, and the strings to sag are a signal of drying.
- If a shrub grows in your home in a pot, then in spring and summer you must take it outside to the fresh air.
- It is important to ensure that no excess water accumulates in the pot, as the Yuki roots can rot. In winter, try to reduce the amount of watering. You should not spray the uca, but regularly wipe its leaves with a damp cloth, removing dirt and accumulated dust from the plant.
Yuka garden flower: reproduction and pest control
This plant is propagated by seeds. For seedlings should be sown in winter. The temperature in this room should be 18-24 degrees.
Seedlings are usually grown for about 2 years, and only then the plant is transplanted into the open ground. This should be done when the night temperature stops dropping below 7 degrees. Also Yuka can breed and root cuttings, offspring.
Soil for planting shrubs should be dry and drained. The hole in which you are going to plant the plant should be about 2 times wider and deeper than the entire root system of the flower. Mix well the extracted soil with sand in a 1: 1 ratio. Plant the plant in the center, gently sprinkling it with earth. Water with a small amount of water. Yuki roots, already separated from the mother plant and well-rooted offspring, form after 2 months (at air temperature not lower than 20 degrees).
To root the apical stalk during the growth of the moon, cut off the tip of the plant with a blade and sprinkle the slices with pounded coal. Dry the cut of the cutting (leaving it in the open air for 2 hours), then plant it in the sand. During the rooting period on the process, the leaves may begin to rot. They need to be removed.
After the roots appear, the stalk is planted in the substrate.Cut off a part of the bare trunk and place it horizontally in a pot, on the surface of sand or substrate, pressing it in slightly for better contact. Soon buds will have to develop on the trunk, from which young shoots with roots will eventually form. Next, remove the trunk with the sprouts from the pot, cut it into pieces according to the number of shoots, powder with coal and dry for a few minutes. Each part of the stem Yukka, which formed an escape with roots, will be planted in an individual pot.
After a wet and warm winter, orange or yellow spots may appear on the plant. These are traces of activity of pathogenic bacteria. In addition, the flower is often struck by snails, to get rid of them, you need to use insecticides.
If the leaves of the plant are covered with brown plaques, this is a shield. The pest is well protected from chemicals by durable shell - wax shields. You will have to fight it manually. Wipe the leaves of the shrub every day with a damp cotton swab, and once a week - with vodka. In order to remove the shield, it will take time.
The reasons for the yellowing of the leaves of the Yuki may be, etc.: uneven lighting, excessively hot content in the winter, as well as excessive watering.
Yuka is an unusual refined plant. It will decorate your house or garden, will emphasize the refined taste and ability to landscape design of its hostess. There are not many difficulties with growing and caring for shrubs, even a beginning grower can handle this.