Some of the most beautiful flowers that are popular in the domestic market are lilies, owners of neat, elegant flowers. It will be interesting to note that these flowers have been used from time immemorial, not only as a decoration, which has a wonderful, charming aroma, but also as food and medicinal plants.
It is believed that the lily helps to tighten small wounds and heal scratches and abrasions, helps to relieve toothache, has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Lily is truly a sign of purity and innocence. It treats mental disorders, improves mood and brings spiritual harmony.
- During the flowering period, you can collect flowers and prepare an infusion from the petals, which is used to cleanse the skin. To do this, you need to take an opaque container, put the petals there and pour the alcohol tincture so that it covers the petals and the backwardness of another two centimeters. The container, along with the contents, must be tightly closed and put in a dark place for about six to seven weeks, no less. After this time, you can get ready-made infusion on the lily petals and use to wipe the face and neck, as well as rub the sore joints and muscles. Only the infusion is necessary before use diluted by two thirds with cold water.
- The modern market will provide an opportunity for a wide selection of the most varied varieties of lilies. It is important not to miscalculate and pick up what you need, taking into account all preferences.
- When buying lily bulbs for further planting, it is necessary to pay attention to the variety and, accordingly, to the features of the methods of planting, care, preservation in winter, which have a varietal difference. Especially in demand are Eastern hybrids of flowers, which are recommended to be protected from the cold winter inherent in our country, and cover them with foil or leaves in winter.
- It is important to pay attention to how late the variety is. After all, the bulbs may not have time to absorb the nutrients they need to survive the difficult wintering period. Then they will not reach to spring. The most fragrant are the so-called Tubular hybrids.
- When buying the variety you like, you should definitely pay attention to the condition in which the bulb ends. It should not be damaged.
- The soil for lilies fit alkaline. Sour soil plant does not tolerate. It is good that it is loose, that water flows well. Perfect in this sense: light loam, sandy loam soil, well-fertilized and dug up garden lands.
- Heavy soils, poorly permeable to moisture and air, will contribute to the rotting of the bulbs. However, these soils can be pre-finalized by the introduction of sand or other baking powder, good digging and fertilizer. Organic fertilizers reduce resistance to diseases and weaken flowering. It is better to use mineral.
How to plant lilies?
Purchased bulbs before planting on the garden bed should be stored in the refrigerator. But the temperature should be provided just above zero, so that the plant does not freeze. It is better to store the bulbs in a plastic bag with holes in the lower shelves, in compartments for vegetables and fruits. Bags with lilies should be filled with sphagnum or dry high peat.
This method of storage is necessary so that the lilies do not germinate before planting.
The refrigerator is certainly a good way, but you can still plant flower bulbs in pots or cut plastic bottles. So they, too, are not bad winters. And in the spring it will be possible to plant in open ground together with the land in which the lilies germinated on the windowsill.
Lilies are planted in early autumn. If there are four-year or five-year-old bulbs on the site, growing all their life in one place, they must be transplanted. Transplantation of such plants is carried out in August.
Sometimes caring gardeners change their landing site and more often, once every three or even two years. All this is done only so that the lily receives all the nutrients necessary for its growth and development. After all, the soil under the plant in four or five years is greatly depleted. Similarly, the lack of territory for the development of multiplied bulbs is gradually detected.
Replanting - this also means saving the bulbs from the pests that feed on them.
In general, the timing of transplantation depends on the state of the bulbs.
After a period of flowering and before moving to a new site, at least one month must pass. During this period, the plant is restored, absorbs the necessary nutrients it needs.
Lilies, like all other plants in dacha beds, must comply with three factors:
- the presence of heat;
- the presence of nutrients in the soil;
- providing vital moisture (watering).
If the lilies are not transplanted for a long time, a fossa is formed below them, called the "nest". After digging, it will disintegrate by itself or it will have to be crushed.
Dig lilies very carefully, so as not to damage. Use for this, as a rule, garden forks. After this process, the onion is cleaned of soil and lesions, washed under running water, and then placed for twenty minutes in a karbofos solution. Preparing it is very simple - one spoon of the drug is diluted with ten liters of water. And if the bulb is healthy and clean, it is enough just to wash it with water and place it in a solution of potassium permanganate.
- Distance between the plants is necessary to observe. If the plant is large, then the distance from one flower to another should be at least twenty to twenty five centimeters. For medium-sized lilies, this length will be fifteen centimeters, and for smaller ones, only ten centimeters will be required.
- When planting, taking into account the presence of the root system, the holes or grooves for the bulbs, it is necessary to dig ten to twelve centimeters deeper than provided for the variety.
- A small mound of their river sand is made in the dug hole. Not her plant and placed with carefully straightened roots, and then covered with earth taken from the hole.
- If the ground is watered before planting lilies, re-watering is not required.
When choosing a place in your summer cottage for a lily, you need to take into account several factors. This is the height of the plant and its size. If the lilies are high, they are best planted at the end of the plot, and those ahead will be lower.
Sunlight for flowers is especially important in the first half of the day. By the way, lilies and penumbra tolerate not bad.