What girl doesn't like little pretty dogs? But before you buy yourself that terrier, think about how you will feed him. After all, food - one of the most important things in the care of a pet.
Food puppies toy terrier
It is good if you purchased an adult dog right away, because with a puppy you will have more trouble. You need to feed them, first of all,with milk, especially very small. At the age of 3-5 months puppies need to be fed 4 times a day. Older puppies (from 8-10 months) - already 3 times.
- If you give ready-made food - buy special, for puppies.
- But the feed ready should be a limited amount. Try to still give your puppies healthy cooked food.
- A large amount of protein must be present in the diet of a growing dog. It's all dairy products, fish and meat, eggs.
- Your puppy will be very helpful and liquid milk porridge, especially buckwheat and rice.
- Vegetable food must be given three times less than the protein.
- Do not forget about drinking. At first, for the little ones, it will be milk (both food and drink at the same time). Teach older puppies to drink clean water.
Nutrition toy terrier ready food
In any pet store or veterinary pharmacy, you can buy food for your dog. But even the best, high-quality food will not be able to provide your toy terrier with proper nutrition. So say the doctors.
Ready food is dry and canned.
- Dry foodharmful to the health of dogs. The owners of many toy terriers according to some sources noted the deterioration of the pet's digestion. Indeed, dry food is not able to digest well in the body of a pet. Therefore, you can soften dry food by holding it in water.
- Canned food most favorable for toy terriers. It can be added to cereals, pasta and other regular food.
Food terrier cooked food
Many veterinarians advise to feed that terrier cooked food. Moreover, the feed may be present in the diet of the dog, but better in a smaller or at least equal amounts.
- The food of an adult toy terrier must also be rich in protein. Protein food needs two times more than vegetable.
- Protein rich cottage cheese and kefir, boiled eggs. If possible, milk should rarely be given to an adult Toy Terrier. This product is poorly digested, can cause malfunctions of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Protein-rich fish or meat in the daily portion of that terrier should be one-third according to the norms. Give them boiled or raw, but not fried. It is also undesirable to give that terrier pork.
- Vegetable food for an adult toy terrier is primarily represented by cereals: buckwheat, rice, yachka, and barley. Useful to them and whole-grain bread.
- Vegetables and fruits can be given both boiled and fresh. You can mix them with meat or cereal.
- In the diet of the terrier does not need seasoning and salt. Normal salt would be good to replace iodized.
Teach your dog to eat twice a day and do not make a beggar out of it, constantly throwing something out of food to it just like that.