Huskies are very dedicated, intelligent, courageous and calm dogs that have a number of undeniable merits. These animals will become real friends for you. They are famous for their good character and strong immunity. Husky dogs can live in a private house or in an apartment. In order for the pet to please you with its beauty and health, the huskies should be properly looked after.
How to feed a puppy husky?
In the first months of life, it is recommended to feed husky puppies according to a special routine. You have to do this 5 times a day, and after reaching 3 months of age, the dog is transferred to three meals a day. After six months, a puppy husky enough to feed 2 times a day.
Breakfast should consist of dairy products with low fat content. In order for the dog to strengthen bones and form a skeleton, once a week, give Husky 1 - 2 quail eggs boiled or raw.
There are 2 types of feeding - natural food, cooked with your own hands and ready-made food sold in stores. Prepared feeds include dry food and various canned foods.
If you decide to feed your dog dry food, do not save and buy premium and super-premium food. Such feeds are better absorbed, well balanced and contain the necessary vitamins and elements necessary for the full development of the husky.
When feeding a puppy with dry food, it is imperative to drink plenty of food, and it is better to feed him with food that has been previously soaked in water for up to 4 months.
If you decide to feed your puppy with food prepared by yourself, you need to make a balanced diet that contains vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Puppies are taught to fish and meat gradually, after a week-long monoris diet. Add a small piece of poultry meat to rice, a piece of fish in a few days, a piece of some meat in a few days. A week later, the content of meat or fish should be 1/3 of the total daily diet.
This food is suitable only when the owners have enough time for cooking. Do not give your dog frozen fish - huskies do not assimilate it. Give fish and vegetables from time to time.
It is possible to teach a puppy to raw meat only a few weeks after schooling for boiled meat. Give him a small piece and follow the reaction: if the meat does not cause allergies, you can safely add it to the puppy's diet.
Husky Meals: Adult Dogs
- The diet of an adult dog must contain fish and meat (about 50 percent of the total diet). It is necessary for the normal development and maintenance of health. Fish should be 1/3 of the entire diet, it is best to give the sea.
- Beef is ideal for meat. As for pork, it is better to exclude it from the diet, since the gastrointestinal tract of the husky does not digest it.
- Be sure to give your dog vegetables: cabbage, beets, carrots, broccoli, etc. They should be about 20 percent of the diet.
- Remember that the husky diet should consist mainly of protein and fatty foods. An adult dog can also be given porridge, mainly oatmeal and buckwheat. Porridge stimulates the normal operation of the gastrointestinal tract.
How to care for Huskies: the rules
With proper care and feeding, the husky dogs live from 12 to 16 years. The compulsory program includes walks, grooming, teeth and claws, as well as swimming. Little puppies need to be vaccinated.
Husky dogs love to spend time on the street, because they should not be limited to this pleasure. You must walk with your pet several times a day in an area where he can run freely. Prefer a long leash, because these dogs love freedom.
Many owners Husk care about the question - how to care for the dog's hair? Huskies shed several times a year for 3 weeks, so you need to carefully comb the animal once a week with a special brush. Tail combing is necessary when the dog lies calmly. You do not need to cut wool, but you can do grooming. To accustom to this procedure follows from early childhood.
It is necessary to wash a haska 2 times a month using a special shampoo. Avoid getting water and shampoo in your eyes and ears, otherwise inflammation may begin.
The dog needs special toys to bite them. It is necessary for the proper development of the teeth. Husky claws should be regularly clipped and carefully monitored to avoid suppuration.
For any abnormality in behavior and health, consult a veterinarian for advice.
Husky dog: reviews
- Angelina: Recently we bought a husky puppy from our friends. I immediately fell in love with this little miracle - how beautiful they are! The puppy is very playful, kind and cute. She loves to walk, sometimes she gnaws on shoes and furniture, but I hope this will soon pass. In general, I am very pleased with the purchase and I advise everyone to get myself such a pet.
- Igor: The husky lives in our family for 7 years. During this time we all became very attached to her. The dog is incredibly loyal and kind, loves to walk and run after the stick. The only disadvantage is that this breed has frequent problems with digestion, but this is solved by properly selected and balanced food.
- Natalia: Our Remu is already 4 years old, he is a very active and devoted dog. He never growls at anyone, although he is ready to protect the owner in any situation. Very significant plus for dogs of this breed - they do not smell dog meat, if you observe hygiene. I love my dog very much and never change anything about anyone.
Husky dogs are very intelligent, loyal and kind. Caring for these animals and feeding is quite simple, which allows you to freely keep a hack in the apartment. Love your pet, provide him the right care and feed him in a balanced way so that the dog will live with you for many happy years.