In fact, the choice of a dog seems easy only to someone who has never chosen his pet. It's really difficult to decide for the reason that all dogs are incredibly cute and pretty. To date, there are about four hundred different breeds of dogs. But you can't buy everyone. Therefore, we must determine the breed of the dog that you would like to have at home.
Features of some dog breeds
First of all, your the choice should be based on the preferences of the whole family. But not only from preferences, but also from your living conditions and the characters of family members. Be sure to discuss everything, and more than once! Absolutely all family members must be united in their choice, otherwise nothing good will come of it.
- If you live in a city apartment, then such breeds as shepherd dogs, wolfhounds, divers and other large breeds of dogs immediately fall away. First, the dog will disturb you. She needs a lot of space, certain conditions for the content. Otherwise, neither you nor the dog will get satisfaction from living together.
- If your living conditions still allow you to have a large breed of dog, then remember - such a dog requires long, frequent walks, trainings. She needs to be trained. A large dog recognizes only one owner. They will be the person on whose shoulders the main care of the dog will fall. Pay attention to the fact that large dogs have tremendous physical strength. Be careful if there is a child in the house!
Remember that each dog breed has its own characteristics, and it is better to know about them even before you select a dog breed for keeping at home.
- Collie and German Shepherd have the highest intelligence, good attitude to children. But, at the same time, they have thick hair and they require special careful self-care.
- Pekingese. Despite its conciliation and tiny size, this doggy - with character. The Pekingese, for the most part, are harmful and do not like children.
- Dachshunds - these are real kind-hearted people! They are extremely cute, smart, incredibly loyal, funny and playful. But, sometimes, they are cunning and stubborn! Pay attention to the fact that dachshunds have a genetic predisposition to diseases of the spine, and in old age they will require careful attitude and care.
- Airedale. You can call this breed of dogs most suitable for keeping at home. This dog has a great intellect and cheerful disposition. They are extremely devoted to their master, love to play with children. But with all of this, they are excellent guards, absolutely fearless. But they have no unreasonable aggression. These dogs are very energetic, require the same from their owner. This breed of dog does not shed, incredibly cleanly.
- Labrador, Golden Retriever - very beautiful breeds of dogs. But be prepared, if you lead a pet of this breed, to walk with him for at least five hours a day, and give him the opportunity to swim a lot.
General recommendations for choosing a dog breed
Currently, a large number of people are chasing fashion, forgetting about the long-familiar breeds of dogs. But to choose the breed of dog is, guided not only by one fashion, it is worth knowing the features of the breed you like.
If you work a lot, the best to get a small decorative dog. They are usually the most unpretentious and undemanding to care. Think, maybe in this case, you are best to have a cat. After all, a dog that will always be home alone will most likely receive stress.
Analyze what kind of person you are. If you are gentle and good-natured, you not it is worth getting this breed of dog, as Pit Bull Terrier, for example. Do not start an aggressive pet, on the contrary, calm, kind dogs are most suitable for you.
And if you are an authoritarian person who demands unquestioning obedience, then pay attention to such breeds of dogs as Shepherd, for example. For the reason that cute, affectionate dogs will annoy you.
If you need close emotional contact with a pet, you should not start a breed of dog like Chow Chow or Afghan Hound. These breeds of dogs are very restrained, unemotional, and, often, absolutely indifferent to their owner.
Remember, bad breeds of dogs - no, there are just not suitable for you. Each dog is a personality, each has its own character. So, a small terrier can become an aggressive hunter, and a large breed of dog can be a tender and gentle pet that cannot bite anyone.
Before you make the final decision on the choice of dog breed, Find out all the details about the features of this breed. Do all the qualities genetically inherent in this breed suit you? Read all the information about the care of this dog, eating habits, walks, dressage. Specify the behavior and needs of this breed of dogs. And scoop information from various sources, in the end, to find out the truth.
- Decide on the sex of your future pet.
- Puppy is best to take at the age of aboutone and a half months. At this time, he is, as a rule, taken away from his mother, and begins to get used to solid food.
- Do not take a puppy if you do not immediately like it. Do not think that over time, something will change, and it will start to make you affection. If you do not immediately fall in love with the future pet, then it is almost impossible to do so later.
- When you bring the dog home, immediately show her that you are the leader of the "pack". Do not let your pet sit on your head, otherwise you will have a very hard time.
- Do not make rash spontaneous purchases. Still, this living creature for which you take responsibility for yourself!
Sit down and answer the following questions. Why do you need a dog? Who will she be for you - a friend, a guard or someone else? Find out, for what purposes they brought this or that dog breed.
In a word, think carefully, weigh everything, find out the exact information about the breeds of dogs, and boldly get yourself a pet!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru -Vitalina